ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Dependence on Gems

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jun 14, 14 12:55 PM
I realized today, that one of my biggest issues with the game is the dependence on gems WITHOUT the means to be able to adequately acquire them through the game.

- when you move up a level you only get 1 gem
- some achievements give you gems, but not enough to sustain playing
- most things require gems to skip (building time, items without going to auction, pets)

So they are forcing you to:

a) purchase gems at high rates
b) quit the game
c) slog through playing scenes umpteen times in order to acquire ONE needed "rare" item.

On their other FTP game (Antique Road Trip), they run events where players have the opportunity to win gold (equivalent to gems) by acquiring special collections. AND they give options for skip (sometimes by turning in collections or paying cash).

But here you get left with NOTHING unless you are willing to pay. They need to rethink their strategy!

All I'm left with after this time playing is a lot of incomplete collections that can't be turned in for my benefit or extending my playing time.. because it'll take me FOREVER to complete them again.. because they asked for a huge amount of teas, snow globes, and other harder to find items.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

Dependence on Gems

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jun 15, 14 8:33 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:I realized today, that one of my biggest issues with the game is the dependence on gems WITHOUT the means to be able to adequately acquire them through the game.

- when you move up a level you only get 1 gem
- some achievements give you gems, but not enough to sustain playing
- most things require gems to skip (building time, items without going to auction, pets)

So they are forcing you to:

a) purchase gems at high rates
b) quit the game
c) slog through playing scenes umpteen times in order to acquire ONE needed "rare" item.

On their other FTP game (Antique Road Trip), they run events where players have the opportunity to win gold (equivalent to gems) by acquiring special collections. AND they give options for skip (sometimes by turning in collections or paying cash).

But here you get left with NOTHING unless you are willing to pay. They need to rethink their strategy!

All I'm left with after this time playing is a lot of incomplete collections that can't be turned in for my benefit or extending my playing time.. because it'll take me FOREVER to complete them again.. because they asked for a huge amount of teas, snow globes, and other harder to find items.

I agree 100%. Never minded paying, even though I found the drop rates tedious and annoying. But, with the steep bank hike of 50%, I am now FTP and will remain so unless & until our voices are heard.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Dependence on Gems

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jun 15, 14 8:47 AM
CH, you answered a question I had and thought I had figured out but now it is confirmed. There are no special quests on this game to give the players the ability to acquire crystals like those on ART for the equivalent of gold bars. The format is stacked against you if you can not get the amount of crystals within the play of the game to complete quests.

Since I won't pay the inflated prices at the bank, guess I will play the 45 minutes a day that I can. Glad I never got "invested" time or hard currency wise before coming to this realization.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jun 15, 14 5:56 PM
The original quests were about money, because everyone was trying to build their buildings, upgrade them (at high costs too) and advance with your level.

So, for a while the goal was to acquire cash to perform those tasks and not a lot of focus on the gems.

The only items (at the time) that you really needed gems for (because it took so long to get the $45,000 to upgrade a building to level 5) was for the food resources to gain more energy points.

So, you didn't necessarily mind buying them because they meant more playing time with the soup and the nectar and you didn't burn through them fast.

With the Fungus Hut game strategy, that removed the problem of obtaining coins from the equation. So now the developers have decided to force you into gems, which is a cash transaction.

Funny, how there's really no good cash option in the resources. Who wants to spend 100,000 on a berry drink that does practically nothing. Even the sandwiches give you only a minimal boost.

That's why I'm disgusted. If you listen to them, they say you have the option. True enough, but you would LITERALLY run out of levels if you only waited to use the gems you get from moving up..

There's only 100 levels in the game currently, so you'd still be 45 levels shy of being able to purchase the pegacorn..hmm.. seems to me like that's no longer FTP.

cabega
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by cabega on Jun 15, 14 7:13 PM
I would prefere a place at the game where we can digg gems.

This could be a nice Quest all time long.

Buy tools at the store, find a place thats free,
wash an curve them and then you get them to use them.

perhaps different colours that changes till the get blue.

There could be so much more playfun for us, and also
gamefun for the developers.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jun 15, 14 7:26 PM
cabega wrote:I would prefere a place at the game where we can digg gems.

This could be a nice Quest all time long.

Buy tools at the store, find a place thats free,
wash an curve them and then you get them to use them.

perhaps different colours that changes till the get blue.

There could be so much more playfun for us, and also
gamefun for the developers.

What a great idea!! We know they read the posts, hopefully they'll listen to your suggestion.

Go to: