gerl2
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Deleting friends that I have two in one

[Post New]by gerl2 on Jun 14, 14 3:55 PM
I am still trying to keep friends list under control, I have a couple of players that have multiple game names. I just wanted them to know I will be deleting at least one game name so I can continue to help others in a timely manner.

I hope that this does not offend anyone

Re:Deleting friends that I have two in one

[Post New]by kiwidownunder on Jun 14, 14 6:36 PM
''Thats A Great Post ''gerl2 , ,I Also Would Like To Do The Same....

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jun 14, 14 10:46 PM
I have four games that I play& am trying to whittle down to a manageable level. If I have been/will be deleted by anyone on any of my games I will not be offended. It is hard to gift to everyone & most of my friends are now in the higher levels.
I ended up with the four games because I was locked out of my first game & started a new one. The third came about when I was nearly locked out of that one. The fourth is meant to be a gifting account only.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jun 14, 14 10:59 PM
I think that's how many of us came by our multiple games AnnaDownes01.
I irretrievably lost two games, was locked out in another and started more to try to build up the huge inventory those games had held; it was only because they had things that others wanted I began to add friends to them.
If I have been/will be deleted by anyone on any of my games I will not be offended either.

50MAD
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by 50MAD on Jun 15, 14 1:47 AM
I think it is a good way to get rid of friends if you have to much but on the other hand: I invited a lot of the friends from my first game to the second because I needed certain items myself and couldn't give those away from my main game but on the other hand I can still gift them from my second because I keep that one on the low level where I don't need certain items and don't intend to open up those areas. So for me it works out fine if I just gift them from one game. I only gift my multiple friends from both games when they are in need and I think some appreciate that. But I do understand the need to make the friendlist smaller so I don't mind either.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jun 15, 14 5:02 AM
Hi Cynthemoler,

I think Trevelyan was one of your defunct games. I remember reading it somewhere & felt safe to delete him/her. I have two of your other games as friends & count them as good friends.

Cheers,

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jun 15, 14 8:07 AM
You've got a good idea there, gerl2. I know with my 2 games I started inviting all my friends from the first onto the second that I started during the lockout. That's as good a way as any to pare down your friends lists without losing many friends .

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jun 15, 14 4:07 PM
What is your name in the game?

I got two games running - 1st, my main game, Efi - where I play the most and have an active wish list, I also send gifts from it of course.
2nd, my extra gifts game, Efi gifts - where I only send out gifts and got nothing on my wish list.

The point is to be able to gift as much as possible to all my kind and lovely friends. And I'll admit I also sometimes gift myself, but only from Efi gifts to Efi, never the other way around. & either way, given no technical issues, about 9 friends are gifted from me each day this way.

Someone took my Efi gifts off her list today. Fine. Was that you? Am not sure what is your name in the game... Have no idea what's the deal with deleting friends. Got tons of those and leaving with it just fine, really.

But taking my main game off your list means you won't be able to gift me, so why should I keep gifting you from my gifts' profile? I do have some good friends with good gifting relations. And taking my gifts' profile off your list means it might take me longer to gift you back...

Then again, many friends in the list are people I have no gifting relations with so okay, I guess some people see it as a reason to delete. Fine. But try to understand why some of us keep 2 profiles on. Got another friend who works the same way. Got 1 profile to only send out gifts and then I gift her main profile 'cause there is no wish list on the other. But if I deleted her 2nd profile... I guess I'll be getting much less gifts from her. Why would I do that?

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jun 15, 14 4:39 PM
efi,
You've come up with a situation I never thought of, since both of my games are standalone ones. In my case, I'd have no problem with having one unfriended since they're totally separate and I see gerls point in gifting people rather than games. I have players with names like your Efi gifts in my friends lists, and have kept both as friends. I will gift either or both if I can and I assume they're keeping track of who they're gifting from their own end. Since everybody has their own rules for gifting and wishlists, I don't presume to know how they use their games. Maybe gerl didn't think of this possibility either and it was coincidence as to which one she kept. Yes, it's possible she did it this way on purpose, but don't assume so right off the bat. Most of the players are good people and generous, and if you keep track of gifts sent and received you'll figure out who's who pretty quickly. Some of us prefer to keep our lists shorter so that we can give regularly. Others of us like to have as many friends as they can. Either way works as long as you're happy with it. If you chose, you can do the unfriending from your end.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jun 15, 14 4:45 PM
It's not about having tons of friends, not for me. Who I got to show off to? My cat? lol
It's just that I'm not a great fan of the unfriending business, not only in this game btw. But okay, I understand and I am sure many of the players are kind and generous, many of you are my friends! I know this
I mostly mentioned this option because it's a possible option worth mentioning.
I assume that it's more likely one doesn't think of it then one being "nasty" on purpose.
And it is something to consider. That's all

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 15, 14 5:08 PM
Efi, some people are shortening their lists because of performance issues with the social page of their games. The more friends, the longer it takes for the social page to load. And every action taken on the social page (changing your wish list, send a gift) takes longer the more friends you have.

Others have discovered that they just can't handle having so many friends, it's causing them stress.

The OP was just mentioning what criteria she was using to reduce her list. There have been other threads where people have stated how they have decided who to delete.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jun 15, 14 5:24 PM
I'm really not being as judgmental as you may think and I'm sorry if that's how I come off as, really! I'm not into deleting friends, me personally, but I understand others see things differently and that's fine. The social page is a nightmare, true that!

But since she mentioned same people having 2 profiles I just wanted to remind that some of us do it for the reasons I mentioned and keeping both profiles in our list is to our benefit. I wouldn't be able to gift my friends as much as I do without my 2nd profile and really, I got more friends who do that and I'm sure I wouldn't get gifts from them as often if I deleted their secondary profile. That's all I'm saying

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jun 15, 14 5:39 PM
You've made a very good point that I'm sure a lot of people with gifting players will appreciate. I misunderstood your original post as being upset at this particular "unfriendly" gesture . That's why we've got the forum, so people see another side of the game, get advice, and give it when they can.

gerl2
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by gerl2 on Jun 16, 14 3:41 AM
Sorry Effie,

I do not have you on my friends list(shew). You have me feeling guilty and terrible for a decision I made for my game. I in no way, do I want to offend anyone. I just wanted to get a better control in my friends list.

I completely understand what you are saying, but not everyone running two games does that. They have their wishlist full and I feel obligated to gift ALL.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 16, 14 7:14 AM
gerl2,

It's possible that some or all of the people you decided to delete are in the same boat as you - wanting to get better control of their lists - and you've made it easier for them by being the one to make the decision.

I think a lot of people either over-estimated their ability to handle a large friend list or didn't want to hurt anybody's feeling by declining a friendship.

I have two games, TiramaSue2 and Berengaria. I have a few friends common to both games. If any of these friends wants to delete one of my games, I'm fine with that decision. I would prefer that they delete the TiramaSue2 game since that friend list is longer.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jun 16, 14 8:04 AM
rosiebvt wrote:That's why we've got the forum, so people see another side of the game, get advice, and give it when they can.

I completely agree

Gerl 2, I'm very sorry you decided to take my words as you did, you really shouldn't. I asked what's your name in the game as someone I gifted an extremely valuable egg deleted me and that is something insulting indeed. But again, I'm not judging you for anything and making you feel guilty was not my intention, therefor I'm sorry if I did.

Tiramasue, I hope you don't want me to take you off my friend's list as this is your only game I'm friends with and would like to be able to exchange gifts with.

Once again, was just trying to give another perspective on why some people hold 2 profiles and it's obvious we mean people with 2 similar names, like Efi and Efi gifts, or I got a friend with Karina and Karina2. 2nd profile has no active wish list, it's just for sending out gifts and keeping both profiles means better chances of getting more gifts, that's all.
Don't have a guilt trip over me, certainly not over this, please.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 16, 14 8:31 AM
Efi,

No, I'm not asking you to delete me. I just wanted to let the few people who are friends with both Berengaria and TiramaSue2 know that I don't have a problem if they feel they'd only like to be friends with one of my games rather than both.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jun 16, 14 10:03 AM
TiramaSue wrote:Efi,

No, I'm not asking you to delete me. I just wanted to let the few people who are friends with both Berengaria and TiramaSue2 know that I don't have a problem if they feel they'd only like to be friends with one of my games rather than both.

Fair enough!
& good that you didn't, as I just sent you a gift
Thanks for all the kind gifts you've been sending me too

Go to: