GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

Request

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Jun 15, 14 12:14 PM
I honestly don't care who makes the Review or Tech threads. I just appreciate that those threads are necessary to keep the individual Game Forums uncluttered. However, I would kindly request that if whoever chooses to create those threads could add the Moderator Guidelines so that they are in the first post.

Having the first post be a simple, "Here's a place for your reviews" lacks the info the thread needs for further posting. If a Mod doesn't show up until there are 2 or 3 pages already, then those guidelines lose their impact in a sense (opposed to them being the first thing that those posting in the thread will read).

An example of one way it could be done for the Review threads...

Here's a place for your reviews.

Moderator Guidelines

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Game's Title here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Game's Title.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

If the OP chooses not to add the guideline info then I would request if the Mod who 'stickies' the Review/Tech threads could please edit the first post to contain it. I just feel that it has more effect in the first thread post rather than amongst the reviews/tech problems. Thanks!

Re:Request

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jun 15, 14 3:26 PM
Thanks for the idea, GameLvr30! I used to do that for the soft releases cause sometimes the mods missed those games I think. But I also think its a good idea cause it seems like a lot of fishies do'nt read the mod post guides and then they post OT stuff which makes more work. Maybe if its in the first post, fishies would see it sooner and maybe read it. Then the mod could post it again later officialy. I'm sure if they mind that I do that they would tell me and remove it I think.

~pp

Go to: