Edited on 06/20/2014 at 9:13:28 AM PST

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Jewel Match IV here

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 16, 14 1:42 AM
Something for (almost) everyone!

You could be a HOG fan who also likes Match 3.

You might be a Match 3 fan who likes a bit of HOG thrown in.

You are possibly a dyed-in-the-wool Match 3 fan who cares not one jot for HOGs.

BUT, if you hate Match 3, do not try this game.

There are 5 modes of play:
* Normal (timed with adventure)
* Relaxed (untimed with adventure but limited moves)
* Lazy Day (untimed, unlimited moves with adventure)
* Match 3 maniac (timed, no adventure)
* Match 3 maniac (untimed, no adventure)

Graphics are good, especially on the intro. You have a voice there but not once you get into the game.

The game play area is bigger that the screen so you have to scroll around looking for areas to 'attack' (I imagine this will provide good challenge for expert M3 players).

I played 'Lazy Day' as I am a rank amateur, enjoy a bit of a story and hate timed games. I really enjoyed it and found it very relaxing.

The story is no prize winner, but is engaging enough.

Definitely one to try!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jun 16, 14 3:52 AM
I've played Jewel Match 3 over and over again. This one is just as lovely. The music is gentle and relaxing, the jewels are glittery and pretty and they make a nice chiming noise when you match them. Perfect game for relaxing before bedtime.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jun 16, 14 8:34 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Jewel Match IV here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Jewel Match IV.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

smb341
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by smb341 on Jun 16, 14 9:18 AM
Yaaayyyyyy! An untimed Jewel Match!!!! A definite buy for me!!!!!

hellfern
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by hellfern on Jun 16, 14 9:46 AM
Yay! Another Jewel Match! My favorite!

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Jun 16, 14 11:04 AM
twinsoniclab wrote:No thanks. I can't take the moving boards... er... "rooms." If those darn things stayed still it would have been more fun.

I agree.....yowza, it made me so dizzy. Too bad because it could have been a fun M3 game.

lsteiner
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by lsteiner on Jun 16, 14 12:23 PM
I feel really stupid right now. When it says all rooms are complete....what is there
left to do? The clock is still running, but says the rooms are complete?????

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jun 16, 14 12:41 PM
Radgame wrote:
twinsoniclab wrote:No thanks. I can't take the moving boards... er... "rooms." If those darn things stayed still it would have been more fun.

I agree.....yowza, it made me so dizzy. Too bad because it could have been a fun M3 game.

See the thread by Ashm00r (sp?) that explains how to stop them from moving. I think I'll make them sit still too.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jun 16, 14 5:17 PM
I don't like the moving board and the constant interruptions to instruct you on something,

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Jun 19, 14 2:04 AM
BASED ON DEMO ONLY

One of my favorite games is Jewel Match II. It was perfect in every way, challenging, no timer, large - really large - boards that fit the entire screen, and a very simple side story/building part to it. Instructions were clear, stones big enough and not at all flashy. Just a good challenge, even untimed.

Where or where are these new M3 games taking us? Jewel Match III was a definite no buy for me because the boards were large enough, but the jewels were even larger, and matches were accompanied by lightning flashes that would have given anyone a migraine. I did not get past the boards or into the story of Jewel Match III because of this.

Now Jewel Match IV comes out with even bigger screen, bigger gems, bigger flashes, combined with a story that is written in such small type, I would need a magnifying glass to tell you what it said. There are way too many cut scenes that interfere with playing the game, plus the side games of hidden objects - again could not read the name of the object I was looking for because the type was so small, say nothing about finding anything.

The soothing sound of the gems dropping is really a wind chime that plays in the background - and not a pretty one at that. A tinny sound that grates on my nerves.

Wow, I guess everything about this game grated on my nerves, except the untimed mode. M3 devs - please return to your roots and provide us with a smooth playing game, no flashing lights, and minimal back story. I just want to play the match 3 games, and be rewarded for winning.

This game is more than disappointing for me and a definite no buy. But please, try it before you buy it as it may be just your cup of tea.

polarglen
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by polarglen on Jun 20, 14 4:56 PM
I waste of a game chip. Nothing to say positive about it.

shreksma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by shreksma on Jun 21, 14 12:04 AM
WOW, I've played Jewel Match 3 for ages and didn't think it could be any better, but IV is amazing - Fantastic relaxing game with loads of challenges if you want them. Top Marks !

catspaws
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by catspaws on Jun 21, 14 9:12 AM
This game's amazing,I haven't played any of the other Jewel Match games before,but i will now.

[Post New]by shortstuff9559 on Jun 23, 14 6:07 AM
How do you get through the third level of majong .I have played it over and over ,I get to the last tile and boom no matching pairs , It would be nice if they a shuffle ,That would help a lot.

dorvisbunn
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Love this game!

[Post New]by dorvisbunn on Jun 24, 14 12:23 PM
I'm a big fan of jewel match and have managed to acquire them all. Some I like better than others. This is one of my favorites. I love the power ups and the scrolling boards. I like the unique challenges and bought the game after playing for about five minutes. I anticipate many hours of game play here. Thanks Big Fish.

WaxArtist
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by WaxArtist on Jul 2, 14 6:04 PM
This game is good until I reach the part where I need to tie up the jewels. No matter what I do I can't get anywhere. I started over and still cannot get past this level. I have tried using a bomb but since I can't get to another board, all arrows are locked, and I am giving up in frustration. Wax Artist

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jul 5, 14 4:15 PM
WOO HOO...Happy Dance , Happy Dance ...I just LOVE ..ALL of the Jewel Match games, and JM IV is no exception!!!!!

Seeing this released today, made my day, these M3'S are one of my all time FAVORITES, to play, so I will be busy for hours, until I complete the entire game.

LOVE..all of the new things, mini games, H0 scenes, BEAUTIFUL M3 boards, this has everything I LOVE, so no complaints here, as usual these developers, are at the top of their game, and it shows, simply a masterpiece, for this M3 FAN, LOVE IT!!!!

For me, another ..5 star's, would give more if I could, keep making them and I will keep buying !!

[Post New]by xanthiam on Jul 8, 14 2:58 AM
Finally, a match 3 game that lasts for a week! I loved the graphics, music, just everything. I don't know how to play suduko, so I couldn't do any of that, but I liked everything else.

[Post New]by scwill22452 on Jul 8, 14 3:45 AM
I love match 3 games and JM4 is disappointing due to the fact when you get to the last levels with no lives left you must restart from the last chapter. I know it don't seem like much but when you are playing in the relaxed mode your nerves should not make you shake trying to beat a level and, you keep losing your lives you start with 4 lives and can go through them quick so please if you are good at these games great, but for me I'm too old and not quick witted enough to handle a game I can't finish. Great Gaming to all.

Go to: