You're addicted to Midnight Castle when...

[Post New]by cathiecaffey on Jun 16, 14 1:22 PM
...trying to go to sleep at night and you're looking for morphing flowers on your ceiling and think you caught them, 3 at a time

What's yours?!

Caffey

Edited on 06/16/2014 at 1:22:44 PM PST

sandy510
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

Re:You're addicted to Midnight Castle when...

[Post New]by sandy510 on Jun 16, 14 1:58 PM
When you get locked out, and you ask your self what did I do before I found Midnight castle?

when you get locked out for the second time, and go shopping and look at new computers, and think, a virgin, it would download a game manager with no problems.

Edited on 06/23/2014 at 5:34:14 AM PST

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jun 16, 14 2:08 PM
You don't have any clean clothes to wear, you run the vacuum and the canister is full, there aren't any clean dishes and you clean out the fridge only to realize there isn't enough food left to feed a gnat. Well, I took a couple of days off...now I'm clothed, fed, my house is clean and I'm ready to dive into the pool of Midnight Castle addiction. Ah, I've missed you.

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Jun 16, 14 2:19 PM
You are definately adicted when you find yourself holding a conversation with the characters... For instance Salty is worried about his pigeons in the pen behind the inn... Being a ghost, he can no longer feed them... And the poor knight is having trouble with his boots, now he is a wolf-man, they no longer fit properly.

Yes, they've told me all this, and more!

The Doctor

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Jun 16, 14 2:36 PM
You know you're addicted when the dust bunnies roll down the hall like tumbleweeds.

[Post New]by milliemaltese on Jun 16, 14 5:24 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:You don't have any clean clothes to wear, you run the vacuum and the canister is full, there aren't any clean dishes and you clean out the fridge only to realize there isn't enough food left to feed a gnat. Well, I took a couple of days off...now I'm clothed, fed, my house is clean and I'm ready to dive into the pool of Midnight Castle addiction. Ah, I've missed you.

Oh, the first part is definitely me. And when I do get my head out of the castle I'm busy designing and making my jewelry. The dishes are becoming a Real Problem.
I'll get to them in a little bit... oh, gotta run, my ship's coming in!

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jun 16, 14 5:27 PM
LOL, who says we don't have our priorities straight?

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Jun 16, 14 5:53 PM
Your sink is full of dirty dishes and laundry needs to be done

KittChaos
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by KittChaos on Jun 16, 14 6:24 PM
... you are plotting motivations and back stories for all the characters.

*wince*

(I have to admit a special fondness for my 'gateway character', tho')

~Kitt Chaos

kittensnlace
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by kittensnlace on Jun 16, 14 7:06 PM
When you plan your bathroom trips, feeding your actual pets, and washing dishes between the HOS's recharging.

You look at the clock and realize that it's almost midnight and you still haven't eaten anything all day.

kittensnlace

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Jun 16, 14 7:13 PM
Your anxious to get out of the hospital because you'll lose your daily bonus.

You eat dinner with your off hand so you can click faster on the HOS.

You check the forums every 10 minutes just to see if there's anything new to talk about. (I guess that one's more addicted to the forums...)

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jun 16, 14 7:21 PM
Or when you keep saying "I'll just do one more", okay "Just one more", I promise "This is the last one." And just like kittensnlace, all of a sudden it's midnight and you have to drag yourself away from the desk. Thank goodness I can't play this in bed, I'd be up all night.

McCoy3
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by McCoy3 on Jun 16, 14 7:38 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:Or when you keep saying "I'll just do one more", okay "Just one more", I promise "This is the last one." And just like kittensnlace, all of a sudden it's midnight and you have to drag yourself away from the desk. Thank goodness I can't play this in bed, I'd be up all night.

Exactly! My problem is that I Can do this in bed. My willpower is tested nightly.....

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jun 16, 14 10:15 PM
You're getting by on two hours sleep in twenty-four!

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Jun 16, 14 11:02 PM
you get up a quarter of an hour before you need to wake up your grandchildren and prepare the breakfast just to send the airship, play dice and have a look what's on the fortune wheel

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jun 17, 14 2:17 AM
You can't wait to get home from a day out to get back to the game. AND all of the above.

strandman
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by strandman on Jun 17, 14 3:33 AM
you are addicted when you have quit smoking and didn't realize it. the only bills you remembered to pay is the internet and electric.

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on Jun 17, 14 5:37 AM
Your addicted when you are thinking about getting a port-a-potty to put by your computer
TG I don't have a lap top it would be every where with me!

Edited on 06/17/2014 at 7:03:34 AM PST

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Jun 17, 14 5:53 AM
You turn the game volume off so you can sneak more time in without your spouse finding out.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jun 17, 14 6:05 AM
Sabelle - headphones! Thank goodness we've gotten past the 30 day achievements so don't have to worry about losing that much headway. I'm OK with losing the daily bonus (as long as I'm not on day 4 or 5).

Strandman - I am very impressed, congratulations about the smoking! However, I'd think about auto payment of the bills whenever possible .

Tigress - that's what the HOS recharge time is for! Maybe rearrange you computer, mine is only about 12 feet from the bathroom, lol.

Gernespieler - I don't have grandchildren, but I do try to sneak in while my husband is feeding the cats in the morning for the same reason.

Go to: