bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Gourmet Chef Challenge: Around the World

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 17, 14 12:29 AM
Juliana is passionate about cooking and dreams of making her mark in gastronomy. When she discovers the Gourmet Chef Challenge: Around the World competition, she sees an opportunity to show her skills and goes on the TV show!

Make your creativity work and learn how to prepare tasty recipes to win the Gourmet Chef Challenge: Around the World competitions. Travel through various countries to search for ingredients and cooking materials that will help make you a brilliant chef. Enjoy the change of scenery as you discover various local specialties, from Europe to the United States, Brazil, India, Russia, Morocco, Canada, China, and Japan.

Help Juliana confront her fierce competitor Kyle, and win the big Gourmet Chef Challenge: Around the World competition!

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Re:Gourmet Chef Challenge: Around the World

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jun 17, 14 1:45 AM
Just a warning. You have to install DIRECT-X to play this game.

I've got no idea what DIRECT-X is, so I'm not going to bother installing it.
Game does not work without DIRECT-X!

Edited on 06/17/2014 at 1:47:16 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 17, 14 2:37 AM
catbag8717 wrote:Just a warning. You have to install DIRECT-X to play this game.

I've got no idea what DIRECT-X is, so I'm not going to bother installing it.
Game does not work without DIRECT-X!

This may help I have Direct-X installed on my PC (as do millions of others I imagine). Some games will not run without it but installing it shouldn't harm your PC. If in doubt, do a search for it and see which version is recommended for your OS.

DirectX is a set of standard commands and functions that software developers can use when creating their programs. While any Windows-based software program can include DirectX commands, they are usually used in video games. For example, developers may use DirectX for controlling video playback, sound effects, and peripheral input (such as a keyboard, mouse, or joystick). By incorporating DirectX functions into a computer game, programmers can use predefined commands to manage the video and sound of their game, as well as user input. This makes it easier for programmers to develop video games and also helps the games look more uniform, since DirectX games use many of the same commands.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jun 17, 14 2:49 AM
Thanks, angelfish106! I'll keep that in mind for next time.

My computer just recovered from a virus not long ago, so now I never install programs I haven't heard of!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jun 17, 14 3:14 AM
I expect you already have Direct X without knowing. New versions are released from time to time, but there's nothing to worry over. As angelfish106 says, millions of people have it.

This is the first time a game has prompted me and I thought it was very odd as I have the latest version. As it downloaded I noticed it is called Direct X (r) so what is that? The newest version? And why do I need it to play a game so... well, to put it politely 'retro'?

Perhaps a computer savvy person will be along soon.

Edited on 06/17/2014 at 3:16:31 AM PST

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 17, 14 3:41 AM
Tiger2010 wrote:I expect you already have Direct X without knowing. New versions are released from time to time, but there's nothing to worry over. As angelfish106 says, millions of people have it.

This is the first time a game has prompted me and I thought it was very odd as I have the latest version. As it downloaded I noticed it is called Direct X (r) so what is that? The newest version? And why do I need it to play a game so... well, to put it politely 'retro'?

Perhaps a computer savvy person will be along soon.

Absolutely not computer savvy, but I used to avoid this when using OH's PC (he hated me putting anything new on it) and couldn't play a lot of games. I was asked to install it for a game a while back and (now having my own little laptop ) went ahead. Today, I just clicked OK and it said I already had a more up to date version . Doesn't seem to have done me any harm.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jun 17, 14 4:08 AM
Thank you, Tufty57.

I was almost scared to start another game just to test whether I'd completely messed everything up and overridden my previous Direct X.

[Post New]by M0mmaGuppy on Jun 22, 14 12:49 PM
I just cancelled it, finished the download and was still able to play the game.

Go to: