[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 06/20/2014 at 9:13:08 AM PST

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Gourmet Chef Challenge: Around the World here

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 17, 14 1:04 AM
It's simply horrid! Horrid music, horrid graphics and horrid everything!

As you may have guessed, I will not be purchasing this.

Sorry if this is unhelpful. Feel free to subject yourself to the perfectly horrid trial!

T57

*In a thoroughly bad mood this morning*

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jun 17, 14 2:14 AM
I don't know why you categorized it under TM. It's a total HOG.
Not liking this one so much, to say the least, not even as a hog, sorry.
And it's nothing like great games such as Go Go Gourmet or 2 Tasty - I wish - those are fine games. This is not a very good game. And it's not TM. I won't be playing it. Sorry.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jun 17, 14 4:01 AM
I have to agree.

There is nothing noteworthy about this game at all. The graphics are terrible and I didn't know what I was looking at sometimes as some food items are blurry and badly rendered. This game seems to have been made a long time ago and I really don't understand why it is released only now.

In the first mini game you are supposed to cook hamburgers. You need to gain 300 points in order to advance. You click on burgers when they are perfectly cooked to score 10 points for each one. Leave one undercooked or overcooked and it takes points away. You can be sitting there for ages achieving your 300 points and that's no fun at all, especially as you can't skip.

And your 'perfectly cooked' burger actually looks like a chocolate digestive biscuit. I spent ages trying to find 'Bilberries', which are actually blueberries

The second mini game has you turning pancakes over to their cooked side, but turning one affects others. I hate this type of mini game in HOPAs and here there is no skip button. I'm mathematically dyslexic and only ever manage these by luck. The only good thing is that even when your time is up you still advance, but make too many wrong moves and it will re-start automatically.

Or is that a good thing? If you advance anyway, why even bother to start with?

Mini game 3 (catching samosas) is much like the burgers. If you don't click immediately you lose points. Enough. I have better things to do.

If, like me, you love the cooking TM genre mixed with HOG then there are far better games out there; such as the Go Go Gourmet, Gourmania and 2 Tasty series.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Jun 17, 14 5:58 AM
You cannot turn off the custom avatar. I don't like that especially when the game avatar is jumpy and hard to control.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jun 17, 14 8:13 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for starting the reviews thread pondprowler. I'll go ahead and repost the Reviews Guidelines here.

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Gourmet Chef Challenge: Around the World here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Gourmet Chef Challenge: Around the World.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jun 17, 14 5:57 PM
In the words of Tufty57, "Horrid, horrid, horrid!!!!!!!!"

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 18, 14 1:03 AM
Um, Well, I Liked It! ***

BASED ON DEMO

IN BRIEF
This is an interactive HOP game. Not to be confused in any way whatsoever with a Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure. Once you accept that, this game is quite appealing!

It is pretty to look at, with cartoony, slightly skewed, but bold colourful graphics. It has upbeat (and I found pleasantly comical) music, and even ambient sound for atmosphere! There dialogue is all black bar, but it’s easily skipped through and for the most part obvious.

There is a timer! For everything. So that loses a lot of people I know, me included, because I can’t win for long at games where “time is of the essence”. Each location presents you with a timed HOP scene with a list of ingredients to find, points awarded for speed, and stars awarded for points. You must get 3 stars to open up the 2nd level of challenge in each location. I didn’t get 3 stars for any level at all.

There is NO skip! I was in deep water here! Some of the mini-games are arcade-style speed clickers, and I can’t manage them at all. So this is not a game that I can play. But those of you with better reflexes would find it pretty simple I think. You can go on even if you fail at a mini-game, but you cannot unlock the next level within that location until you beat the game.

As well as opening up extra levels in each location, completing locations opens up new ones as well.

I had fun. It is refreshingly different. It might appeal to players who lean more to the Time Management style of game, but are looking for something a little unusual.

I recommend this game!

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Jun 18, 14 8:34 AM
Truly awful game! For a start, this is not a TM game, I don't know who you're trying to kid, BF, but this is a HOG and you know it.

Even if I did like HOG (which I don't), this is an awful example. The music is poor and I muted it. The graphics are poor and dated by about 10 years. The mini-game, which is the "TM" part, is poor. The first one with the burgers are like chocolate biscuits, and it is in no way engaging, it's just clicking. Poor.
The 2nd supposed "TM" mini game is, again, poor. It's another click-fest. Un-engaging, dull, repetitive and boring.
I lasted 9 minutes. I will never get that 9 minutes back.

I suppose with the endless weeks of 90% HOG's, you've got to pretend this is a TM game to shut us up. Yes, I know you're reading this, BF, so feel free to ignore it, as usual.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jun 20, 14 2:58 PM
Music choices: On or Off? How old is this game anyway?
I like my music very, very low in the background and not
fond of silent. I know, I know, I can change my computer setting,
but why should I have to for one game.

Arcade style mini-games, pleeeese!!!

Not for me.

[Post New]by modtour7ny on Jun 28, 14 2:15 PM
I rather like this game.. Maybe because I like the Cooking Quest games and love HOS games... I just wish there was a skip button for things you just cant get past

Go to: