LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

Continuing Family Saga??

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Jun 17, 14 2:39 PM
So far, the Grim Tales games have been about your sister's family. Brandon is your nephew (which three of these games revolves around). In Bloody Mary, you have to save your niece. Don't remember if her name was mentioned in this game. Now you're helping your nephew, James.

Is GrimTales: The Vengence a continuing saga of your sister's children? Are Brandon, Elizabeth, and James siblings?

Just curious what other players think. Thanks!

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Re:Continuing Family Saga??

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jun 21, 14 7:15 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a continuation of the family, except maybe Elephant forgot about the names? They've been changed... hm..,
I personally think "McGray" is a weird last name. (no offence to anyone out there who may be called "McGray"!) They should have stuck with Gray.

[Post New]by simfarmguru on Jul 18, 14 3:26 PM
I THINK Bloody Mary is left open-ended. That is, I don't think it was supposed to be the same family. However, with this game we clearly are back with the same family as before, at least if the photo in the suitcase at the beginning is any sign. I think the McGrays are supposed to be an off shoot of the Grays. Personally I think this Aunt is NOT the same as the Aunt in the first four games. I would further speculate from the picture and the name Aunt Gray that this aunt is from John Gray's side of the family. Also, James and Elizabeth are possibly Brandon's kids.

Victor_K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Victor_K on Aug 22, 14 11:05 AM
The first three games deal with your twin sister Luisa; her husband, John Gray; and their son, Brandon. "Stone Queen" deals with Brandon (now grown up), and his uncle briefly appears (John's brother).

"Bloody Mary" has your niece, Jackie. It is never stated, or even implied, whether she is related to Luisa's family.

In "The Vengeance", there are two related families, the Maxwells, and the McGrays. It seems as though the McGrays have similar history to the Grays from the previous games, but these are not the same relatives. Elizabeth's and James' parents are Gregory McGray (misspelled as "McGrew" on the family tree in the diary) and Molly Maxwell.

The player's character is "Aunt Gray", which implies she's related to John Gray from the original games, yet her character history (having the ability to travel back in time) seems to be the same as Luisa's twin sister. So maybe she married John's brother? ;-)

Also, the names are spelled differently in different parts of "The Vengeance" (Gray, Grey, McGray, McGrew), so yes, it's a bit confusing...

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Sep 2, 14 5:46 PM
Thanks, all! Glad to know that I wasn't the only one sitting here, scratching my head and wondering what was up with this family!

kaboobie
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by kaboobie on Dec 11, 14 11:10 AM
The latest game in the series (Grim Tales: Color of Fright) brings all the previous characters (except Brandon) together. It is clear that Brandon and Jackie are Luisa and John's children, and you are their aunt, but also aunt to James and Elizabeth McGray. The relation between the Grays and McGrays is not explained.

Even more confusing, in addition to you being "Aunt Gray", the villain is Thomas Gray, your adopted brother.

Go to: