Edited on 06/20/2014 at 9:12:51 AM PST

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Build-a-Lot: Mysteries 2 here

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 18, 14 2:34 AM
Guess I need to play more of these.

I have never played one of this type of game before and I just don't get the appeal.

You have to buy land or houses, build on land or upgrade houses, collect the rents and make money to meet goals set.

This one has a story running alongside and a woman 'barks' instructions at you every so often and refuses to explain why she leaves her discarded arm bandages lying around the place. This is the 'mystery' I suppose but I don't really care.

The music is horrible and the graphics flat. I spent the second level trying to work out the difference between a 'colonial' and a 'victorian'!

The levels are timed so there is no 'relaxation' involved and that is why I play games; to relax!

If you enjoy these games then the added mystery may bring something extra to the game for you. But it is not for me, so I will not be purchasing today.

If this is a new genre for you, then give it a try, you may have found a whole new area of enjoyment.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Jun 18, 14 7:14 AM
Similar to the other Build a lot series. Graphics similar to Town of the year. Enjoyable to play. Another buy for me.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jun 18, 14 8:38 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Build-a-Lot: Mysteries 2 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Build-a-Lot: Mysteries 2.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on Jun 18, 14 10:52 AM
Since I have all the previous Build-A-Lot games (and LOVE each one), I bought this one w/o demoing-So glad I did-While very similar to the first Mysteries game (which I enjoyed enough to replay several times), this one has differences that kept me playing-Yes, it is a timed game, but I love the challenge of beating the time and getting the blue ribbon-I read the review from the player who didn't get the appeal of this game and I am sorry you didn't enjoy it-But for those of us who love this series, this one is worth playing-Thanx BFG for catering to all our varied tastes/likes

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Jun 18, 14 11:05 PM
I loved the last Build-a-Lot Mysteries...not fussed on their other games. This is very similar to the previous game. My only gripe is that there is still no "cancel" button if you click on the wrong building...I ended up demolishing a mansion by accident

Go to: