Please post your TECH ISSUES for Panopticon: Path of Reflections here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jun 18, 14 12:38 AM
pondprowler wrote:A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 06/18/2014 at 8:35:57 AM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Panopticon: Path of Reflections here

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jun 18, 14 7:58 AM
Got an "access error violation" during the opening scene;
exited game, started over, same thing. Uninstalled/reinstalled,
same thing. Started over and skipped opening scene and
now working ok.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jun 18, 14 8:35 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Jun 19, 14 12:19 AM
I am almost at the end. There is a big rabbit and a game where you have to get the pistons to go up and down together. Well I skipped the puzzle and now it says to insert a bar. I have no bar and I can't go anywhere. When I use the hint it takes me back to the puzzle. Any suggestions? I sure hate to have to start again.

adsantoli
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by adsantoli on Jun 21, 14 9:31 AM
On the stage with the large bunny rabbit, I have synchronized all the pistons, but they just keep going up and down, up and down, the game does not move forward. Not even when I click the SKIP button?????

bjwhitt
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by bjwhitt on Jun 23, 14 1:50 PM
Same problem here.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Jun 25, 14 7:30 PM
I have a problem that occurred during the demo, but I thought I'd figured out how to fix it.
When I would attempt to grab something in my inventory, there were some items that were partially hidden because the < and > buttons on the inventory bar wouldn't move. Every time I would try to grab the item I needed the game would back up into the previous scene. But I discovered that if I hit the hint button, the item would be surrounded by a circle of light and I could then grab it and use it.
Well, silly me; I figured it was a minor glitch and as I was enjoying the game, I bought it. Big mistake because guess what?
Not only did the game NOT save my progress from playing the demo, some items I collected in the demo are now COMPLETELY hidden, the < and > buttons still don't work and when I click on the hint button to see if I could grab it that way as I had during the demo, now it doesn't do squat.
So, I now have a game I can't play.
BFG; any ideas???

Editing this to add; as I had just begun to start the game(again)I went back, made up a new profile and began the game (again). This time I was able to access the inventory item that I couldn't access the last time, so I figured, okay; quick fix.
Not so much.
Because FURTHER ON in the game, I had collected the arrow I needed to play the arcade game and guess what? I COULDN'T TAKE THE ARROW OUT OF THE INVENTORY BECAUSE i COULDN'T *SEE* IT.
BFG; this sort of glitch-ridden game is really beneath what I have come to expect in game quality from you.
PLEASE set your tech wizards to the task of exorcising the glitch demons from this game, because I really was enjoying it.

Edited on 06/25/2014 at 8:13:57 PM PST

[Post New]by tiredoftrouble on Jun 27, 14 3:29 AM
tried it and the demo worked great. bought it and every time I get into the second warp room it freezes up. I deleted and reinstalled and it still freezes in the same position. I have to crash the PC to get out of it. than have to start all over again to just freeze up again, I too have wasted my money on this game.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Jul 2, 14 2:08 PM
I emailed tech support and they said that their tech mavens were on it and to watch the tech support thread of the forum for a solution to my problem.
That was days ago(a week since I posted here) and so far no one from BFG has addressed anyone's *specific* tech problems here in this forum.
I was hoping to get a solution because I was enjoying the game.
To give BFG credit, I was offered a replacement credit for this defective game.

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Jul 21, 14 3:53 AM
am stuck staring at a bunch of spinning gears and I have no clue as to where!! lol because I simply can't remember where it is. no way to get out of it at all and if click the question mark at the bottom right nothing happens. sigh

Go to: