catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

What's Your Favourite?

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jun 18, 14 1:30 AM
This is a massive series. Even I know that (and I don't play TM/Strategy games that much anymore. )

So, which is your favourite? For me, it's definitely Build-a-Lot 2: Town of the Year.I loved that one, especially with the whole story thing.

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

Re:What's Your Favourite?

[Post New]by moondances on Jun 18, 14 11:00 AM
I love all of the series, although Power Source had me frustrated, too, Catbag8717-That being said, I think that Fairy Tales/Mysteries are tied as my favorites

[Post New]by FireyBird on Jun 18, 14 5:58 PM
I enjoyed the European Vacation one. I liked travelling Europe and building the different style houses. All of them are fun though and keeps the old brain ticking. LOL

stashoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by stashoo on Jun 20, 14 2:11 PM
town of the year....power source i actually deleted, it frustrated me so much

stratacatQ
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by stratacatQ on Jun 20, 14 8:05 PM
Loved the Fairy Tale version -- very cute!

daisydana
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by daisydana on Jul 8, 14 7:48 PM
I loved Fairy Tales and also the Elizabethan Era version.

[Post New]by MissSeaGal452 on Oct 3, 14 9:05 PM
I think mine would be a tie between the two mysteries series. I am about halfway through Mysteries 2 and I have to say I liked the first mysteries better, but I still really enjoy having more back story for the hosts of each level.
I think town of the year is in second for me. It is the first BAL game that I played and I still think it is a classic.
I agree with previous posters about Power Source, I had to force myself to finish the game, but I am a perfectionist lol.

[Post New]by shalou_1 on Feb 12, 15 1:02 PM
I liked all of them. I think Elizabethan Era and Europe are tied for me.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

What's Your Favourite?

[Post New]by JB4510 on Feb 20, 15 3:47 AM
This is my absolute favorite game, having followed it since the initial release. Fairy Tales is by far my favorite. I'm not really sure why, I just know I have played that one version probably 50 times now. I invent my own goals at this point. My next favorite would probably be Passport to Europe.

I was surprised to find that I really liked Build A Lot World, the "free to play" game, though I know a lot of people did not. I found it just challenging enough without any need to actually pay for the upgrades. That said, I would still prefer to own it; without it, I feel like my series is incomplete.

Honestly not a big fan of the Mystery versions. I found them a bit too easy and the pop-up items annoy me. Power Source is great in terms of challenge, but that stupid alarm sound gets really annoying really quickly!

catbag8717 wrote:This is a massive series. Even I know that (and I don't play TM/Strategy games that much anymore. )

So, which is your favourite? For me, it's definitely Build-a-Lot 2: Town of the Year.I loved that one, especially with the whole story thing.

Go to: