Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Solution for fingerprints

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 19, 14 5:45 AM
Thanks to DD, I managed to solve almost immediately the problem.

When you begin to use the brush, DON'T make clicks - hold your finger on the mouse and move around (without leaving the down-mouse position). After some seconds, you will receive a message to continue the game.

Then, click on the hint, and put the wrench in the place the hint shows you.

Happy gaming...

Re:Solution for fingerprints

[Post New]by Bailey92154 on Jun 19, 14 6:52 AM
Didn't work for me, never got message, any other suggestions

[Post New]by alien2go on Jun 19, 14 1:11 PM
Didn't work for me either. Very frustrating.

sandydee8
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sandydee8 on Jun 19, 14 1:20 PM
Ditto - my finger went to sleep but the darn fingerprints didn't appear, nor did the kit disappear. What a pain. This seems to be a fun game. Hate to get stalled right away.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 19, 14 2:45 PM
So sorry, I entered-exited many times in the game, so I didn't notice the beginning of using the brush - it stood there until I came here to check for any tip...

So, the fingerprint set appears after you get some "triangle" object on the grate. Click on it, and the set will appear on your bottom-left side of the screen.

But, you have to click on the set more than once, until you see inside the set a bottle going up and filling the "soup-like" bowl in the set, the set now goes up, and you get the brush, after it is ready for use.

This procedure returns each time you have to check fingerprints... I don't like it too, and would ask the programmers to make my life easier...it's pity to throw away a whole game for one irritating and redundant action. Time is money?...

Now continue as I wrote above, left mouse keeps all the time down (no clicks), and passing all the area.

Hope it helps, and the company will make some more easy way in the future.

[Post New]by rafanuel on Jun 20, 14 11:24 AM
Didn't work for me either

[Post New]by rafanuel on Jun 20, 14 11:30 AM
i give up...damn

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 20, 14 5:08 PM
The actual Fingerprint Tool, is on the bottom left of the screen.
You have to click on the tool to use it, the other is just the icon that tells you that you need the special tool.

Once you click the tool, use in on the grate and everywhere around the grate until the detective makes her comment about the miscreant.

cindybuns
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Re:Solution dusting for fingerprints or I'd rather do windows

[Post New]by cindybuns on Jun 20, 14 6:16 PM
Ok I've exited in and out of the game; I've even entered and exited out of the fingerprinting kit; I've deleted the game and then reinstalled it.

I'm still dusting dusting and more dusting; personally I'd rather do windows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is obviously a glitch in the game so the developers need to get this FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've sent this issue to Tech support, but then came to this forum and I tried the fix by not clicking but holding down the button and scrolling over the grate several times until all fingerprints appear.

It worked BUT you also have to scroll OUTSIDE the box containing the grate in order for the game to continue; you should hear the detective's voice solving the mystery of how the man and bird died.

muttmom
Clownfish
Clownfish
534 Posts

[Post New]by muttmom on Jun 21, 14 1:45 PM
I too liked this game until I got to the fingerprinting. I haven't purchased the game though.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 21, 14 2:47 PM
Once you have the fingerprint tool (left hand of screen) you have to dust all around the grate and in the grate, but you need to keep it up until you have BOTH full handprints on the wall outside the grate, AND the detective speaks about the suspect.

[Post New]by flopears on Jun 25, 14 11:19 AM
I too thought it was a problem with the game when I got to this part then I checked the forum to see if others were having the same problem. It turns out there are quite a few. I followed the instructions given and it turns out I was the one with the problem, not the game. When you click in to the grate you are not getting the actual fingerprint tool but a silhouette of the tool. Click in the bottom left of your screen next to the map and the tool will come up, click again and the brush comes out then go around the grate and outside of the grate to get the fingerprints to appear.

[Post New]by Twitch3r on Jun 26, 14 6:23 PM
so I downloaded the update for the game and finally able to finish the game, but the bonus game had the same problems with the fingerprint kit. Can't finish that part to move on. Very frustrating...

[Post New]by pattiornot on Jul 3, 14 8:30 AM
can anyone suggest a solution for getting the cannon after you outline it with the fingerprinting kit? I don't see anyone else having this difficulty so it must be me. thanks pattio

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Jul 3, 14 12:46 PM
Hi pattiornot,

After you have outlined the cannon picture, back out to where the table saw was. It is on the right hand side by docks (to right side where you played the hos). Place the outline on the board to cut it out. Hope this help, Good Luck.

Zenus
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Zenus on Jul 6, 14 7:21 PM
Nope. Covered the whole area around the grate until my finger went to sleep. Not only do I get nothing, I can't even close the window to keep going. Uninstalling/reinstalling didn't help. Game is hung up.

Go to: