Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Update size

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 19, 14 7:04 PM
How many MB was everyone's update download? Mine was somewhere over 200MB and now my game is messed up. Most updates have been over 800MB.

The rune altar still needs the crafted items and there is a split screen showing the empty rune altar opened and the closed rune altar.

I have no new pets or items to craft.

Just wondering if the update was cut short somehow.

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

Re:Update size

[Post New]by aleutcia on Jun 19, 14 7:09 PM
I noticed that too. Mine was around 202MB. Thought that was strange. I also haven't noticed the changes that other people have. Seems to be working ok, though.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Jun 19, 14 7:30 PM
Mine was 200 MB's, there has never been a update that was 800 MB's.

Previous update size 252 MB's in game folder and this update is 288 MB's.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 19, 14 7:34 PM
Ok, thought I saw 800mb on the last one but I need new glasses anyway, lol.

Edited on 06/20/2014 at 5:56:52 AM PST

rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

[Post New]by rbsworld on Jun 19, 14 8:55 PM
My update download was just around 201mb. I just checked the rune altar and if I zoom into it, yep, it's split screen.

So, I think I'm going to have to unistall and reinstall the game. something really didn't update correctly. I don't have new content or new pets either.

rbsworld

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 20, 14 5:37 AM
Does anyone know if you can uninstall the game and reinstall it and not lose your progress? Tech support has not responded yet and I've had no issues with this game until now but this latest update messed it up, unfortunately.

winterwine
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by winterwine on Jun 20, 14 5:46 AM
Amerzone
I have had to uninstall and then reinstall a few times. And I haven't lost anything when I did.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 20, 14 5:56 AM
Thank you Winterwine. Did you do it with the help of tech support or just on your own. Was it through the game manager?

Hildeguard
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Hildeguard on Jun 20, 14 6:18 AM
I have uninstall the game and reinstalled it on my own when I was locked out with a 208 error code. It worked fine and got me back into the game.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 20, 14 6:34 AM
Hi Hildeguard, did you do it through the game manager? I'm afraid that if I do it wrong I'll mess everything up. Thanks for a response.

memagirl
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by memagirl on Jun 20, 14 6:40 AM
Amerzone I also have had to uninstall my game and re install it. I always do it through the game manager. never lost anything.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 20, 14 6:42 AM
Thank you Mema! I am so fearful of losing my progress in the game that I wanted to be sure. I can't even fathom starting over from scratch again...yikes.

kvtto
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by kvtto on Jun 20, 14 6:59 AM
Amerzone
I wanted to start over from the beginning, so I uninstalled and deleted the saved game file.
When I reinstalled my game was at the same point....I didn't lose anything and couldn't start from the beginning.
I uninstalled from the game manager.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 20, 14 7:13 AM
Oh Kirb, that's good news for me but I fear it wasn't good new for you at the time. I'll try it later after I mow the yard. That's called procrastination

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Jun 20, 14 10:23 AM
kvtto wrote:Amerzone
I wanted to start over from the beginning, so I uninstalled and deleted the saved game file.
When I reinstalled my game was at the same point....I didn't lose anything and couldn't start from the beginning.
I uninstalled from the game manager.
I have posted how start a new game in:Create a new profile

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/281604.page

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 20, 14 10:38 AM
Very helpful too Tazruby. I used the instructions to start a new game a long while ago.

kvtto
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by kvtto on Jun 20, 14 10:53 AM
Thanks tazruby....I also used that info to create a second game quite awhile ago.

I mowed yesterday when it was overcast and afterwards I came inside to find a new update
I wanted to start over near the beginning of the game....I think I had 10 coins and 0 gems.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 20, 14 11:08 AM
I am so happy. Thanks to everyone for your assurances that reinstalling would not harm my current game. It worked like a charm...Group hug!!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jun 20, 14 11:25 AM
I'm so glad to see that worked Amerzone and thanks for helping out with this everyone!

If anyone else needs steps to uninstall and reinstall the game, please check out the link below:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

Go to: