Please post your TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Tree of Dreams Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jun 21, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 06/21/2014 at 10:26:51 AM PST

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Tree of Dreams Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on Jun 21, 14 2:14 AM
When I got to the second book, telling you the story of the game, I couldn't read it (it was hidden below my screen-surface). The first part had no problems. Is this a glitch?

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Tree of Dreams Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 21, 14 2:17 AM
Yes, mine was the same, but you can listen to the voice and continue with the game thereafter.

I appreciate it will be a problem for any hearing impaired players though.

T 57

[Post New]by shelterhill on Jun 21, 14 2:44 AM
Yep , same here.. and also every scene loaded sooo slowwww... that is so annoying that i'll be turned of from what seems to be a really good game

Edited on 06/21/2014 at 2:45:10 AM PST

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Jun 21, 14 4:32 AM
As I understand pondprowler get this up since the mods havent yet.
Well, to me that is a good thing to do for the rest of the fishies.
Lets keep a friendly tone in here hm?

Have a nice weekend everyone

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 21, 14 6:14 AM
Brendansoma1 wrote:When I got to the second book, telling you the story of the game, I couldn't read it (it was hidden below my screen-surface). The first part had no problems. Is this a glitch?

Same here. I got around it by switching to Window mode - under Options / More Options, untick Full-Screen - and replaying the video from my Journal. Text was shown properly then.

Win 7 Professional (Service Pack 1) 64 Bit, NVidia GeForce GTX 670

gameswolf
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

To all that are seeking help.

[Post New]by gameswolf on Jun 21, 14 9:35 AM

Edited on 06/21/2014 at 9:57:51 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jun 21, 14 10:25 AM
Hi All,

I see there have been some extremely aggressive posts in this forum that I have needed to remove. I want to remind everyone that bullying and attacking others in your posts will not be tolerated and is a violation of the Forum Rules, specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Please feel free to PM a Mod if you have any questions or problems. Thank you.

bfgWendwater

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jun 21, 14 10:26 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by lmcangusee on Jun 21, 14 1:38 PM
Okay, I'm playing on a MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.5. I've checked for software updates and updated to Shockwave 12.

I'm near the end of the game, at the table to prepare the Luminatos potion. When I click the first chip to move it to a spot, the game closes.

Any fix available for this

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Jun 21, 14 4:19 PM
lmcangusee wrote:Okay, I'm playing on a MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.5. I've checked for software updates and updated to Shockwave 12.

I'm near the end of the game, at the table to prepare the Luminatos potion. When I click the first chip to move it to a spot, the game closes.

Same thing happened to me - not using a Mac tho' so it's not just that

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jun 21, 14 8:21 PM
Same here re unable to read the texts; + game locked up my machine when I tried to exit, had to use TaskMgr to quit; + I've some slow loading screens despite I've a fast rig, gaming gfx card & 12 gigs of ram.
(A shame as it's a lovely game w/excellent video/cutscenes & special effects!)

Win7U, i7920, BFG 285 gfx, bought version of game.

ArmyMom88
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Tree of Dreams Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by ArmyMom88 on Jun 21, 14 11:14 PM
lmcangusee wrote:Okay, I'm playing on a MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.5. I've checked for software updates and updated to Shockwave 12.

Same thing happening to me. Freezes up when I move a chip. Using Windows 7. 64-bit Bought full version. All my drivers are up to date. I rarely have issues with BFG.

Edited on 06/22/2014 at 12:29:42 AM PST

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

Boot

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Jun 22, 14 9:53 AM
I agree about the slow scene changes, not sure if it is technical or bad programming.

My issue is the boot in the first chapter. I had two pieces. That's all. I can't go on without the boot but the other pieces are just not there. I am playing on a Win7 desktop computer.

linda072
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Game won't even start

[Post New]by linda072 on Jun 22, 14 12:28 PM
I purchased this game without playing the trial which is something I rarely ever do. My mistake!!!!! I can't even get this game to open. I've tried to open it from the shortcut on my desktop and through the game manager. Nothing! I've tried uninstalling and re-installing. Still nothing! All the other games run fine. My drivers are up to date. I'm running Windows 7 professional 64 bit. Did I just waste my money?

[Post New]by LMSchwartz01 on Jun 22, 14 12:34 PM
I did very well on the demo game, but when the game re-installed after I bought it, I couldn't get out of the bedroom. There was no down arrow anywhere. Hints said that I had nothing to do in the bedroom, but the map showed that I had things to do in the bedroom said I could not go back to the Front Room to use the mirror. Starting over with a new name and working exactly to the Strategy Guide description worked, but I think there must be programming problems in this game.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

Boot

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Jun 23, 14 1:47 AM
I had to uninstall then reinstall the game and start over to get the boot parts.

OzzyRobyn wrote:I agree about the slow scene changes, not sure if it is technical or bad programming.

My issue is the boot in the first chapter. I had two pieces. That's all. I can't go on without the boot but the other pieces are just not there. I am playing on a Win7 desktop computer.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

game problem

[Post New]by A1psyko on Jun 23, 14 10:58 AM
I found the colors to repaint the picture in the very first part of the game demo but all of a sudden the screen started going crazy, alpha numeric gibberish all over the screen. I had to use task manager to close it out because the screen went crazy. New computer, ability to play games, current software. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by MJZigZag on Jun 24, 14 4:15 PM
Anybody else getting punted from the game when trying to go back to the Alchemy Garden?
I'm dead in the water unless there's a patch or some other fix.

samfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by samfish on Jun 25, 14 8:10 AM
Game is crashes after about 7 men. of play, I really like this game I need some help to get past this spot, help please.

Go to: