They Goofed

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

They Goofed

[Post New]by Althena533 on Jun 21, 14 3:14 AM
For 25 years, you’ve thought you were an orphan. But one stormy night, a mysterious man steps out of a mirror in your home and claims to be your uncle

An orphan is somebode who has lost their parents. Not somebody with no family whatsoever.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Re:They Goofed

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jun 21, 14 3:19 AM
25 years... Why is it ALWAYS 25 years?

Can't the devs come up with something new for a change? 24 years? 20 years? 28 years? Anything but 25!

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

They Goofed

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 21, 14 4:28 AM
Althena533 wrote:For 25 years, you’ve thought you were an orphan. But one stormy night, a mysterious man steps out of a mirror in your home and claims to be your uncle

An orphan is somebode who has lost their parents. Not somebody with no family whatsoever.

But she only thought she was an orphan. She believed she had lost her parents, was unaware of her uncle and had been living in an orphanage. I don't think it is really a 'goof'.

Agree with the 25 years though.

T57

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Jun 21, 14 4:35 AM
If someone has no family whatsoever, wouldn't that make the parents dead. If you were 5-years old and your family suddenly disappeared, wouldn't you think that now you are an orphan? There is no family whatsoever. You had to have been created by someone. Not unless they can create babies in a laboratory, then I missed something. Then again, James Patterson's Maximum Ride and her flock were created in a laboratory. Maybe I too came from a laboratory. Then that would explain the expiration date printed on me. Gotta go. 2 days before the date.

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 21, 14 5:04 AM
LOL! @ reddleman

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jun 21, 14 8:28 AM
Oooo! There is another one were you had an expiration date of 30 when the little jewel in your palm turned red I think they recycled you. It was called Logan's Run. Of course that was an eon ago so many won't remember it.

dlcoyte
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dlcoyte on Jun 21, 14 8:47 AM
We were not made in a lab...... I know the real answer... you know how everything is made in China just about... Well I found out that most of us have a "MADE IN CHINA" stamp on our butts!!! lol we all came from a factory! lol

Dudesmum
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

They Goofed

[Post New]by Dudesmum on Jun 21, 14 11:10 AM
Althena533 wrote:For 25 years, you’ve thought you were an orphan. But one stormy night, a mysterious man steps out of a mirror in your home and claims to be your uncle

Haven't read all the post here yet but couldn't go past without adding my first thought...

If a mysterious man steps out of a mirror in your home and claims to be your uncle

I would be calling the Police.... I would be thinking eeewwwwww and eeekkkk.... However I do like that my character is going up in age.... I do struggle playing 20 somethings... Like me ROFLMPO

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Jun 21, 14 12:05 PM
Why does everyone have to be so technical its just a game

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

They Goofed

[Post New]by steve_san on Jun 21, 14 12:06 PM
Dudesmum wrote:

Haven't read all the post here yet but couldn't go past without adding my first thought...

If a mysterious man steps out of a mirror in your home and claims to be your uncle

I would be calling the Police.... I would be thinking eeewwwwww and eeekkkk.... However I do like that my character is going up in age.... I do struggle playing 20 somethings... Like me ROFLMPO

Especially if he has an owl on his shoulder!

Dudesmum
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by Dudesmum on Jun 21, 14 4:18 PM
dlcoyte wrote:We were not made in a lab...... I know the real answer... you know how everything is made in China just about... Well I found out that most of us have a "MADE IN CHINA" stamp on our butts!!! lol we all came from a factory! lol

Now dlcoyte I have told you to not tell people that you been looking at my bottom It was supposed to be our secret...

And I don't know steve_san... a man with an owl on his shoulder is quite the normal in this household

No you are right my response to a man with an owl saying he's my new Uncle would have me running out the room, especially if he started singing "I'm Jake the Peg"... What??? to soon to be making jokes

Off to do a Sea of... Starting with the first one... I don't think I speak in the first one do I??? With that accent probably just as well... (Says the girl with a very bad Aussie accent... Yes I say G'Day and Coooeee Cobber) Sigh

xx

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

They Goofed

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 22, 14 3:20 AM
Tufty57 wrote:

An orphan is somebody who has lost their parents. Not somebody with no family whatsoever.

But she only thought she was an orphan. She believed she had lost her parents, was unaware of her uncle and had been living in an orphanage. I don't think it is really a 'goof'.

T57
She's still an orphan. That's the goof. If her father had come out of the mirror, things would have been different.

Edited on 06/22/2014 at 3:20:44 AM PST

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

They Goofed

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 22, 14 4:19 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
Tufty57 wrote:

An orphan is somebody who has lost their parents. Not somebody with no family whatsoever.

T57
She's still an orphan. That's the goof. If her father had come out of the mirror, things would have been different.

No, cos her uncle tells her her parents are alive. So she believed herself to be an orphan but now discovers she is not.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 22, 14 5:59 AM
Aaah! Thank you.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jun 22, 14 10:57 AM
Even if the Uncle came out of the mirror wearing a Miranda Carmen headdress and outfit, singing I Like You Very Much whilst sporting an owl on either shoulder I'd have welcomed him with open fins if he'd told me my parents are still alive.

Lucky, lucky orphan!

BTW: No need to feel sorry. It's bittersweet now, but I'm trying for a little humour in the threads for this game. If that's Ok?

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 22, 14 3:34 PM
AND...

SPOILER: She saves her parents and becomes a guardian with her own owl. Happy ever after or what?

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Jun 22, 14 4:20 PM
Losing one parent is a tragedy. Losing both is just carelessness. LOL - Oscar Wilde

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 22, 14 9:16 PM
Tiger2010 wrote:Even if the Uncle came out of the mirror wearing a Miranda Carmen headdress and outfit, singing I Like You Very Much whilst sporting an owl on either shoulder I'd have welcomed him with open fins if he'd told me my parents are still alive.

Oooooh Tiger!
I would love to see the Uncle come out in a Carmen Miranda outfit and singing Rio....or I like you very much or the Chiquita Banana Song chi chi boom!
Or dressed like Indiana Jones, carrying a gold idol, brandishing his whip and saying "Your Parents are alive, but you have to face death and adventure to keep them that way! Let's go Baby!"

You are just too funny woman! I have so many funny ideas rolling though my head now.....thanks!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jun 23, 14 12:47 AM
LOL, Tookat. I'm sorry if I've given you some kind of earworm.

I was thinking of ever more ridiculous ways Uncle could appear and that scenario just popped into my head.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 23, 14 6:07 AM
I love the Uncle imagery! Perhaps we need more humour of the absurd to lighten people's day.

My contribution is Inigo Montoya (Mandy Patinkin, The Princess Bride) coming through the mirror - "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. "

Edited on 06/23/2014 at 7:37:08 AM PST

Go to: