_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

A hint for finding the leaves/completing the tree

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 21, 14 3:57 AM
A hint re. the hidden leaves, which you need to find for the tree mentioned in the game description for the Extras (Complete your collectibles tree to open a hidden chapter):

There are 4 leaves in each location, and there is an indicator for them at the left of the screen. Sometimes they sparkle a bit, but are quite difficult to find, when they look like a shadow.

And here's the hint:
You can access the tree from the Extras. It shows each location with the amount of leaves you've found yet, and you can access the location from there (no other things can be done there then), and the hint will work in this scene for the leaves! Excellent feature.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Re:A hint for finding the leaves/completing the tree

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jun 21, 14 4:29 AM
Thanks for the help, DD!

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jun 21, 14 8:31 AM
AMEN! I always miss at least 1 of the things and then don't get the achievement! Could be senility.

Edited on 06/21/2014 at 8:31:36 AM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 21, 14 8:39 AM
me, too, Penny, lol. And here you would miss more than just one achievement: but to "open a hidden chapter". Quite clever of the Devs to avoid that uproar

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jun 21, 14 8:39 AM
Thank you SO much _DD_!

I was looking for an indicator and didn't find one. I'll go back and look again.

And to learn that I can 'catch up' on missed leaves during the game via Extras is much appreciated!

Thanks for sharing!

Jorie

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 21, 14 8:41 AM
My pleasure, catbag and Jorie I was also quite happy when I found that out.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 21, 14 2:18 PM
oh, thank you Devs....and thank you _DD_ for letting us know.
I didn't see either feature, but that could be because I have not bought the full version yet.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Jun 21, 14 3:17 PM
See, it pays to visit the forums! Thank you DD.

jmidge0217
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jmidge0217 on Jun 21, 14 7:41 PM
Thanks-frustration about not finding the leaves was the one thing keeping me from buying the game.

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Jun 21, 14 8:26 PM
Totally agree with everyone...I have a few games where i missed something and did not earn the extra stuff at the end,, i bought it,, come on, Someone said the map also shows where the you missed a leaf,,Really like that,,I play on easy so they should figure a way to delete that option for people playing in the hard mode.. if they don't want to know....But anyway,, Im happy...

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 22, 14 8:18 AM
You're all very welcome, and thanks for letting me know that it helped.

just for info:
@ tookat: I found all of it already in the demo.
@ demon: I didn't see a hint re. the leaves on the map, although I checked there first. But the tree is something like a family tree, so, maybe some sort of map also.

Happy gaming, everyone.

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 22, 14 3:44 PM
_DD_ wrote:You're all very welcome, and thanks for letting me know that it helped.

just for info:
@ tookat: I found all of it already in the demo.
@ demon: I didn't see a hint re. the leaves on the map, although I checked there first. But the tree is something like a family tree, so, maybe some sort of map also.

Happy gaming, everyone.

When you have all the leaves, they hide jigsaw pieces which, when you complete the picture, open the Secret Chapter.

You have to complete the Bonus to find them all. Don't know about how you go back and get them, but guess it's like the Handprints in a recent game.

I found them all, though it took a great deal of patience and determination, without the hint. Feeling very proud of myself tonight!

T57

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 22, 14 7:59 PM
demon13 wrote:Totally agree with everyone...I have a few games where i missed something and did not earn the extra stuff at the end,, i bought it,, come on, Someone said the map also shows where the you missed a leaf,,Really like that,,I play on easy so they should figure a way to delete that option for people playing in the hard mode.. if they don't want to know....But anyway,, Im happy...

Demon, the map for this game does not show where you miss a leaf.....
ok, wait, I have so far, found all the leaves.......so maybe it does.

What the map DOES show is the next active area, which is really a MUST feature as far as I am concerned.

I will have to go back and deliberately miss a leaf or two to see if the map shows them.

No, I double checked, and the leaves don't show on the map at all, but the wonderful scroll at the left of the screen makes up for that.

Edited on 06/22/2014 at 10:06:10 PM PST

Janeport
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Janeport on Jun 23, 14 4:01 AM
Yes love the scroll on the left, not only tells you how many leave you have found in each scene but if you click on the leaves tab it takes you to the tree and therefore you do not have to go back to the extras section.

luciusm
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by luciusm on Jun 25, 14 10:06 AM
I bought the game and enjoyed playing it. Just wanted to comment though about
the leaves. Trying to find the leaves was difficult because I had a hard time seeing
them. My eyes aren't young enough. I did it though, only to find the jigsaw puzzle
that was also hard to see. I did that and accessed the hidden chapter. Once I
finished with that, I realized the whole leaf thing just was not worth the eye
strain. I hope these types of searches are not going to become a trend.

[Post New]by abbers1 on Jul 19, 14 4:50 PM
i am missing 9 leaves on my tree, but the tab on the left says i found all 176.
What happened there?

Go to: