Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

If a poster is being offensive or unkind

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 21, 14 4:34 AM
This occasionally happens, sadly, but if you come across anything you find offensive, please use the ! to report the post. This brings it to the attention of the moderators more quickly.

Be kind to each other!

T57

atmmts
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:If a poster is being offensive or unkind

[Post New]by atmmts on Jun 21, 14 4:58 AM
Be kind to each other!

So important! Almost 100% of BFG posters follow this golden rule. So rare any where else on web.

Thanks so much for gentle reminder to all of us,

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 21, 14 7:06 AM
Mods can see the posts that are removed from view by reporting them with the red exclamation marks. All that quoting does - apart from replies breaking the forum rules themselves - is adding to the work of Mods by having to remove the quotes.
See also here:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/285516.page#5713421

Edited on 06/21/2014 at 7:07:07 AM PST

0Jade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by 0Jade on Jun 21, 14 7:19 AM
I apologize for our behavior on behalf of the community. HUGGS everybody!

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 21, 14 9:15 AM
Until the Mods arrive: I've reposted part of BFG's Forum rules here:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/285516.page#5713421

and what to do with the red exclamation mark.

Let there be silence.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jun 21, 14 11:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to see there have been some offensive posts in the forum and clicking the 'exclamation point' button definitely brought those to our attention so we can get those removed.

Please be sure to let us know about any violations to the Forum Rules by private messaging a Mod or clicking the report button. We can take the appropriate action and remove posts that contain offensive content.

Thank you for your help with this.

bfgWendwater

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 21, 14 1:53 PM
I have been thinking lately, that it might be nice, if people here can agree to have an amnesty on anger......and on rudeness.

I think there are a lot of really, really good people here, but sometimes the level of anger gets so high, that people are forgetting the rules of decency when they are defending someone else......and people can get really offensive about their preferences for games.

I don't know what if anything can be done about the general tenor of anger that often hovers around the forums......maybe we need to go back to the rules our moms told us.
"If we can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."......and if someone is being offensive, following the forum rules, and marking the X or writing a mod instead of trying to enforce the rules themselves.

idk, but I wonder if an amnesty on anger sounds good to other folks.
it does to me.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jun 21, 14 3:18 PM
And today, for the VERY FIRST TIME in a long, long, long time (my mom - mainly mom and I have been on this site for 7 years - I comment humorously about a the difficulty of the games - and guess what? I get a nasty remark by one of the posters (who I notice is actually commenting on rudeness of others on this site). Geesh, I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone.

Once upon a time, not too long ago, BF took off the Chat Rooms. Perhaps, they should reevaluate that decision for the Forums as well. I have seen the decorum for these sites has sadly denigrated. People have opinions and just because someone thinks they are "rude" doesn't mean they were meant to be rude. I would also believe that this is costing BF funds to keep these going. The "mudslinging" never used to be this bad. Hey, folks, it is time to lighten up and enjoy life. Life is very short - smile and laugh a little and enjoy it! These games are supposed to be FUN! Let's make it a fun time here.

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

If a poster is being offensive or unkind

[Post New]by 1357wc on Jun 22, 14 8:59 PM
Tufty57 wrote:This occasionally happens, sadly, but if you come across anything you find offensive, please use the ! to report the post. This brings it to the attention of the moderators more quickly.

Be kind to each other!

T57

Tufty57, well said, very clear and concise as to what to do.

Now, did we really need everyone else to throw their two cents worth in? I am trying not to be rude, but it is the same people that go on and on. Above is what you do, report it.........you don't need to comment and what really upsets me, is it is making me comment, and I normally don't get involved. I want to read about the game, not your opinions on anything else except the games.

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jun 23, 14 6:51 PM
I just want to say that I'm sorry for all the problems caused by what I do. But I don't think thats my fault really, is it? (That's one of those questions you don't need to answer, I forget what their called and could'nt of spelled it anyway)

And if I just wanted to go to the next level of fishie, I would be posting silly stuff all the time everywhere instead of just a couple posts aday to start the threads, don't you think?. You know, just blabbering on with lots of emoticons and stuff....

I also want to say THANKS to all who have PM'd me to tell me good stuff! I have'nt got around to thanking everybody with each their own PM, so please forgive me!
I DO appreceate the nice things posted and PM'd believe me.

I even got a nice PM from Mr. Wendwater telling me that they DO appreceate my help starting the threads, so that means that mean people like the one who attacked me can just go suck sand.

And last, I agree with twins. Nobody ~makes~ anybody post anything. If you post even when you don't want to or should'nt or whatever, its on you, nobody else.
Sorry to sound grouchy or something but I am tired of being attacked for trying to be helpfull.

Go to: