sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

Enough already!!!

[Post New]by sartasia on Jun 21, 14 10:44 AM
1: Tech/ Review
Long ago on BF their was no specific threads. You had to open every thread to find out info on the game. Finally the very defined "review/tech" threads came into being thanks to some inventive fishies and the Mods picked it up and ran with it. Finally you could actually see the number of tech problems in one convenient thread, see if others shared your problem and give a better idea to BF what was going on with a game. You also could read the reviews in one concise location that was eventually strictly confined to reviews that did not veer off into non-related topics so you would get specific info on the games workings. You would then be free to start other threads concerning side conversations.
A very logical design that made finding info on the games very simple.

2: ANYONE can start a thread with ANY topic.
Let me repeat ...ANYONE. There are no rules concerning topic threads. You are under no obligation to post anywhere specific. No one is confined to post reviews in someone else's created "Reviews" or "Tech" thread. You can post under the Mods thread or if you so desire you can even go ahead and start one of your own. IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE!!! You can post your review/tech/comments anywhere you desire. There is no reason to complain since the threads are not limited. We are free to going back to 500 review threads if that is how everyone wants it. Though that would make the forums much harder to use for game information.

Trivia: Before the roll back on the number of Mods in the forums any "Reviews" thread was just transferred and "stickied" with the Mods heading at the top if it appeared before the Mods did. As you can see by the results of late that was a very "peace keeping" approach. One that they probably should return to.

How about we all just get back to game discussion???
Happy gaming everyone.

Edited on 06/21/2014 at 10:52:12 AM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

Re:Enough already!!!

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 21, 14 2:05 PM
Thank you Sartasia.

I would like to see an amnesty on anger around here....on ALL topics, and a getting back to the reason we are supposed to be here at a game site.....having fun.

I do want to respectfully point out, that the Mods DO ASK, that people ONLY post tech issues in the Tech Thread, once one is made, by whomever is first to start it, and that they will lock any tech threads they find in a forum to keep things neat.

A single tech thread is the best way Big Fish has of telling what is wrong with a game, because they can count how many people are reporting a problem.

As to the rest, when I first started posting in the forums, the Devs posted the Review and the Tech threads. (so, I came in after things were changed for the better). If the Mods were late for any reason, anybody posted to start the threads, and it keeps things neat.

I think it has been a bit sad that people have decided to make comments on ANY of the people who are enthusiastic enough to start the threads since there are less Devs now.......and I will point out, that neither Pondprowler or Orphaned were the first people consistently posting those threads.....and do not understand why anyone started picking on the two of them, but people were pretty cruel to Orphaned just because she is upbeat.....and now, I don't know who the people were who were so cruel to Pondprowler, but folks, we have to stop attacking one another.

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Jun 21, 14 2:25 PM
Hi Tookat & Sartasia,

I couldn't agree more with both of you. I personally don't care who posts what thread as long it is up and running. Although, for some reason this bothers some people. I just don't get why some people have to be so rude to others. I like most of us, come here to play games and have fun, we ALL could do without the rudeness and anger that does float around from time time. Let's all remember why we come to BF in the first place and be considerate of others. It's not that hard to do. It would make for a better gaming experience for all if that were the case.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jun 21, 14 2:55 PM
I personally don't mind who posts what where as long as their topic isn't: "Help". Or "I'm Stuck." Or, "Where is ...???"

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jun 21, 14 5:03 PM
I agree with all the above posts. The rudeness directed at those who start the review and tech threads is completely unwarranted. But what surprises me the most is that it has gone on this long, and that any Mod hasn't put a stop to this. "Back in the day" it wouldn't take but a few reports before a person was banned from posting in the forums.

DeeBeth
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by DeeBeth on Jun 21, 14 5:47 PM
I'm just going to comment that I personally know some people that think it's hilarious to anger and offend others. It's how they get their entertainment. And the angrier and more offended people get the more these people sit there and laugh. I have no idea if that was the case this time but I know it happens.

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Jun 21, 14 8:06 PM
abarrett wrote:I agree with all the above posts. The rudeness directed at those who start the review and tech threads is completely unwarranted. But what surprises me the most is that it has gone on this long, and that any Mod hasn't put a stop to this. "Back in the day" it wouldn't take but a few reports before a person was banned from posting in the forums.

i agree.
i feel bad for pondprowler who is only trying to help in her own way.
BUT, when the first attack occurred (last week?) i put the poster into my address book which shows when people are online... or not. and that poster is now NOT online. i'm thinking that the mods did take action. i'm hoping that it's for longer than just one week. seems like this particular person just cannot control his/her anger.

DeeBeth wrote: I'm just going to comment that I personally know some people that think it's hilarious to anger and offend others. It's how they get their entertainment. And the angrier and more offended people get the more these people sit there and laugh. I have no idea if that was the case this time but I know it happens.

these people are called trolls and they are ALL OVER the internet! every site where people can interact or leave comments has them.

it's pretty sad, IMHO, that "schadenfreude" is their hobby.

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Jun 22, 14 8:51 PM
Here we go again, we dealt with this earlier. Stop responding to these people that make the comments. Ignore it, let the MODs look after it, that's their job. As long as you feed into it, these people will continue. Pondprowler obviously has her big pants on because she is still doing what she does so well and gets us all started. If someone else wants to start the thread, get there before her, I don't think she'll mind

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jun 23, 14 3:41 AM
Hi 1357wc

I am going to comment only because in another thread you said you are really upset that this is making you comment, when you usually don't get involved. Same for me. I'll try to explain.

You are, of course, completely correct as is everyone else who says we should not comment and just hit the !

However, sometimes it's not so easy to do when you are 'caught in the moment' and, more especially if you have been a victim of this sort of thing yourself. Trolls don't give a darn what others say in response to their vile posts. In fact, they enjoy negativity, as has been stated. The majority of us would be horrified to get such negative replies, but they thrive on it and 'being fed'. I get all of that, which is why I stay away from all social networking and the only place I have ever posted is here because it's a family gaming site.

I've travelled around an awful lot here over the years in the old forums. Sure, fights broke out, squabbles happened, mods intervened and sometimes it could get nasty. However, I have never seen this kind of deliberate flaming and trolling before and for no other reason than apparently (what I see being the underlying grudge that this person has) that PP wishes to be a 'bigger fishie'.

Well, my friends, the time for all of that (with all of the friendly 'congrats on your morph' threads) is over. It died on 15th August 2013. I'll forever be a . So what? I can't see PP being 'in it' for that in a million years. She'd have to go posting berserk in these sparse game forums for that to happen, because the morphing gaps get bigger and bigger.

So, yes, I should have known better than to dig my heels in with a certain troll recently and just hit the !, but this is my point, 1357wc, with regard to your post in the other thread:

Don't be upset to comment. We are HUMAN, we're not machines or robots. We emote, for better or worse, especially when we have strong personalities and feel just as strongly about certain things; and this site is about as 'sanitised' as you can find.

If you promise not to feel bad then I'll promise to try to remember to hit the ! in future. Deal or no Deal? LOL

Go to: