[Post New]by muttmom on Jun 21, 14 6:29 PM
What is it and how do u do it?

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:Antique Explorer's Membership Quest

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jun 21, 14 7:31 PM
AES Membership Quest... In order to participate you need..

-- The wharf (dock by the restaurant in Breezy Bay)
-- The airplane
-- Storage Building built (the one by the Auction house in Dinhammer Alley)
-- Antique Rating of 1000 (you can click on your avatar to see your ranking)

NOTE: If your antique rating is low, you need to do some upgrading in your Antique shop. This will boost your rating.

Once you have the above (someone chime in if I missed something)

-- Go to the wharf. Chris should be there. A box will drop from the sky.. It's empty..
-- Go to the new area on the map (AES museum)
-- Gain membership (by having 1000 rating)

Once you've gained membership, it's really about following the quests that appear on the screen.. some of these (the cat ones will unlock some collectibles)

-- You'll need to complete the 14 collectible sets ( 1 at a time is my suggestion). A list of where to find them is in the forum (it says collectibles in the title)

-- When you complete a set (e.g. map, music box) you'll have to put together a picture of the piece

-- This bring up a note. The note is a riddle --the key to the quest.

-- A woman appears with the quest to find a painting in a city (based on the riddle)

-- Play that scene until you get the painting... then it's on to the next... until all are completed and all the paintings have been found.

That's the super short version.. Let me know if you have any additional questions. I'd be glad to help!

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Jun 21, 14 7:41 PM
These are from the BZ forum administrator
Antique rating will increase by:
- Completing a set (only once per category)
- Upgrading the antique shop/ buying furniture
- Helping a friend through the gifting feature

Also, she says:

The AES quest will be unlocked if you are at least Level 18, bought the float plane and have upgraded the Wharf

I think the "set" is one for Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, but I could be wrong.

salsaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by salsaz on Jun 21, 14 7:49 PM
The set will be one each of the picture collection mini game

[Post New]by historyfish on Jun 22, 14 5:26 AM
I must be doing something wrong. I updated the wharf, have the float plane, am on level 72, bought all kinds of nice stuff for the antique shop, had a request from Yokohama Chris and the only thing that gives me rating points are the keys I'm giving away as fast as I can.

This way it will take half an eternity to earn the 1000 points and get inside the museum.

What am I missing?

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jun 22, 14 5:32 AM
historyfish wrote:I must be doing something wrong. I updated the wharf, have the float plane, am on level 72, bought all kinds of nice stuff for the antique shop, had a request from Yokohama Chris and the only thing that gives me rating points are the keys I'm giving away as fast as I can.

This way it will take half an eternity to earn the 1000 points and get inside the museum.

What am I missing?

Can you please remind me what the quest was from Chris.. that may help jog my memory on the next steps..

[Post New]by historyfish on Jun 22, 14 5:48 AM
Can you please remind me what the quest was from Chris.. that may help jog my memory on the next steps..

One to visit the museum, which I did and to enter the office, for whcih I need to be e member of the society.
And other one to reach an antique rating of 1000, with a link to my shop. But once I'm there, there are no indications of what I'm supposed to do. I bought several items, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Jun 22, 14 7:12 AM
historyfish wrote:

One to visit the museum, which I did and to enter the office, for whcih I need to be e member of the society.
And other one to reach an antique rating of 1000, with a link to my shop. But once I'm there, there are no indications of what I'm supposed to do. I bought several items, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

In the antique shop, go through the décor items and see if there is anything in there that you need gold to buy.

Also, do you have at least one set of each category of collectibles?

sd1951
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by sd1951 on Jun 22, 14 7:44 AM
It took me a little while to get the rating I needed as well, but I did figure out a couple of things.

you get 1 rating point for each key you give--10 keys 10 points

for each upgrade to furniture in the shop I got either 30 or 35 rating points--I only bought furniture that costs money not gold--there are plenty of categories to choose from

for each collectible set I cashed in (exchanged for the prize) I got 30 rating points--this was for bronze collectibles don't know if you get more for silver, gold, etc.--be aware you only get rating points for cashing in a collectible set the first time.

I did not do anything extra in upgrading my shop and cashing in collectibles other than what quests told me to do--I bought my plane at lvl 30 (at level 31 now) and already had 750ish points--so I bought upgrades and cashed in collections till I had the required 1000 points--plus a few keys here and there.

Hope this helps

[Post New]by historyfish on Jun 22, 14 8:24 AM
Mrssfox wrote:
historyfish wrote:

In the antique shop, go through the décor items and see if there is anything in there that you need gold to buy.

Also, do you have at least one set of each category of collectibles?

I have, but with some of the ones that you do to find the paintings, I do get the riddle, but not the request and so I can't look for the painting.
What I can buy for gold at the shop, I did.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jun 22, 14 8:42 AM
historyfish wrote:I must be doing something wrong. I updated the wharf, have the float plane, am on level 72, bought all kinds of nice stuff for the antique shop, had a request from Yokohama Chris and the only thing that gives me rating points are the keys I'm giving away as fast as I can.

What am I missing?

SInce you are on level 72, I think it is safe to say you already have the 1000. Click on your avatar and look at the last number in the list. If it is already over 1000 you are fine for when quest kicks in. If the number is not over 1000 already, the only thing I can say for sure that makes it go up is the giving away of the keys. After this is all settles down, I want to ask BZ how we had the original numbers, mine appeared at around 4500.

I don't think you said.. You did click on the crate on the wharf until it fell apart and you saw the skull and crossbones right? And your animal lodge is upgraded, at least, a couple of levels.

Edited on 06/22/2014 at 8:44:41 AM PST

[Post New]by historyfish on Jun 22, 14 8:53 AM
sd1951 wrote:It took me a little while to get the rating I needed as well, but I did figure out a couple of things.

you get 1 rating point for each key you give--10 keys 10 points

for each upgrade to furniture in the shop I got either 30 or 35 rating points--I only bought furniture that costs money not gold--there are plenty of categories to choose from

for each collectible set I cashed in (exchanged for the prize) I got 30 rating points--this was for bronze collectibles don't know if you get more for silver, gold, etc.--be aware you only get rating points for cashing in a collectible set the first time.

I did not do anything extra in upgrading my shop and cashing in collectibles other than what quests told me to do--I bought my plane at lvl 30 (at level 31 now) and already had 750ish points--so I bought upgrades and cashed in collections till I had the required 1000 points--plus a few keys here and there.

Hope this helps

Many thanks for the tips, but for whatever reason nothing seems to work for me, except giving away keys.

[Post New]by JoysDivision on Jun 22, 14 9:09 AM
My mother is so far into the game her level is listed as 101 (it maxes out there) and her coins are 9999999999999999999... she has completed EVERY collection you can, upgraded almost everything in the shop, upgraded the wharf, bought the seaplane, and her Antique Rating is 0. What gives? That can't be right. Nothing she is doing is changing the rating. I'm on level forty something, and I was already over 1000 the second the quest opened.

Please advise!

[Post New]by historyfish on Jun 22, 14 10:47 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:

What am I missing?

SInce you are on level 72, I think it is safe to say you already have the 1000. Click on your avatar and look at the last number in the list. If it is already over 1000 you are fine for when quest kicks in. If the number is not over 1000 already, the only thing I can say for sure that makes it go up is the giving away of the keys. After this is all settles down, I want to ask BZ how we had the original numbers, mine appeared at around 4500.

I don't think you said.. You did click on the crate on the wharf until it fell apart and you saw the skull and crossbones right? And your animal lodge is upgraded, at least, a couple of levels.

The number is 183, the animal lodge has been upgraded, clicked on the crate and saw the skull.

I'm beginning to wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I wasn't playing when this update started, but only discovered it on the 20th?

Anyway, thank you!

[Post New]by jkbraun_orchid on Jun 23, 14 11:53 AM
I am not able to get the quest to trigger either. I am at level 38, according to my avatar I have 2530 Antique rating, I have gotten the empty box with the skull and cross bones in it at the dock and when I go to the new area it says I have to join the Explorers Society. Can someone help me know what I am missing?

sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

[Post New]by sahobbs on Jun 23, 14 5:20 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:AES Membership Quest... In order to participate you need..

-- The airplane

NOTE: If your antique rating is low, you need to do some upgrading in your Antique shop. This will boost your rating.

Once you have the above (someone chime in if I missed something)

-- Go to the wharf. Chris should be there. A box will drop from the sky.. It's empty..

Once you've gained membership, it's really about following the quests that appear on the screen.. some of these (the cat ones will unlock some collectibles)

-- You'll need to complete the 14 collectible sets ( 1 at a time is my suggestion). A list of where to find them is in the forum (it says collectibles in the title)

-- When you complete a set (e.g. map, music box) you'll have to put together a picture of the piece

-- This bring up a note. The note is a riddle --the key to the quest.

-- A woman appears with the quest to find a painting in a city (based on the riddle)

-- Play that scene until you get the painting... then it's on to the next... until all are completed and all the paintings have been found.

That's the super short version.. Let me know if you have any additional questions. I'd be glad to help!

Might want to save gold to get the Cat from the Animal Shelter. This some how helped trigger the Quest to get into the Museum.

Edited on 06/23/2014 at 5:27:50 PM PST

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jun 26, 14 10:00 AM
bumping up to help players who are looking to trigger the quests.

Seppi19
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Seppi19 on Jun 26, 14 2:33 PM
Don't forget about upgrading the warehouse in Dinhammer Alley. We haven't been allowed in that building until this latest update. I couldn't do anything until the first upgrade, I got more points and new chests as I upgraded it to the highest level. I am now customizing it so I do not know if that will add more points or not.

[Post New]by Karen_and_Danny on Jul 17, 14 6:34 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:AES Membership Quest... In order to participate you need..

-- The airplane

Thank you so much my friends have been asking me.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 17, 14 9:40 AM
Mrssfox wrote:These are from the BZ forum administrator
Antique rating will increase by:
- Completing a set (only once per category)
- Upgrading the antique shop/ buying furniture
- Helping a friend through the gifting feature

Also, she says:

The AES quest will be unlocked if you are at least Level 18, bought the float plane and have upgraded the Wharf

I think the "set" is one for Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, but I could be wrong.

A "set" is each group of 5 collectibles. I recently got the Blue and White Plate I needed to complete the Plates set. Checked my rating before I cashed in the set and after and my rating increased.

So a "set" is a group of 5 related collectibles and a "category" is Plates, or Sundials, or Photos of Men, etc. Your rating will go up the first time you complete Plates, but not for any additional time.

Go to: