Please post your TECH ISSUES for Chronicles of the Witches and Warlocks here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jun 22, 14 12:39 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 06/22/2014 at 8:36:42 AM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Chronicles of the Witches and Warlocks here

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 22, 14 3:27 AM
Are the cut-scenes supposed to be silent?!?

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jun 22, 14 7:43 AM
Cutscenes are silent for me, too. Does seem odd to having music playing and then total silence for the cutscenes.

I also have a problem with text displaying too quickly for me to always read it.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Jun 22, 14 8:09 AM
no sound either except the music.
I also have to keep clicking on the zoom in scenes 3 or 4 times before they stay up.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jun 22, 14 8:36 AM
Hey there Everyone,

I'm really sorry to see some of you are having trouble with getting sound from the cutscenes in the game! I completely understand wanting to have audio during cinematics.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

nflynn
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nflynn on Jun 22, 14 12:53 PM
Frozen in cave scene. I exited and come back and have tried the map to change scenes. It will not let me back out of frozen cave.... yet another glitched game from BFG...

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jun 22, 14 2:04 PM
Just posting here to let you know this game has issues. I'm running on PC Windows 7 64 Bit. I've already uninstalled/reinstalled the game once. I've even created a new profile and started over again and I'm still stuck in the same spot at the theater when I give the lady the ring. I'm getting near the end of the game. I only have 4 totems to find. The game was going great until I reached this point. When I give the lady the ring it takes me through a portal to a different location (one I had been to earlier) and then when I click on my mouse to try and check out the area to see what I can do the game takes me back to where I was. The location I just left before I went through the portal - the theater. It will only let me go to 5 locations near the theater but there is nothing to do there. The hint button has even quit working and the map will only let me go to these 5 locations.

Yes I will be writing into Customer Service with a Dr. Felix report but just wanted you to know this game has issues. I see on a different thread 2 other people are having this issue as well!

Edited on 06/22/2014 at 2:47:07 PM PST

tattas
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by tattas on Jun 22, 14 3:14 PM
The game stopped just as I was getting to the end. Could not go forward to anything new. The hint button stopped working, I finally got it to react but it keeps me in the area of the theater. Another disappointing game. Also very frustrating. I am using PC Windows 11 64 bit. I haven't yet decided whether I will start over with a new profile. This game needs to be revamped or something. I would like to finish this game if it is possible, however, I do not know if it is possible.

cherleadford
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by cherleadford on Jun 22, 14 7:33 PM
Stuck in ice cave also. Button will not let me go back. Hint button will not work nor the map. I tried 2 times and each time I had to do an alt/delete to get out of the game. Sorry I bought this game. this has to be a glitch on the developers part, they need to fix it.

LOLOVESHOG
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by LOLOVESHOG on Jun 23, 14 11:13 AM
cherleadford wrote:Stuck in ice cave also. Button will not let me go back. Hint button will not work nor the map. I tried 2 times and each time I had to do an alt/delete to get out of the game. Sorry I bought this game. this has to be a glitch on the developers part, they need to fix it.

Edited on 06/23/2014 at 11:17:54 AM PST

LOLOVESHOG
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by LOLOVESHOG on Jun 23, 14 11:17 AM
cherleadford wrote:Stuck in ice cave also. Button will not let me go back. Hint button will not work nor the map. I tried 2 times and each time I had to do an alt/delete to get out of the game. Sorry I bought this game. this has to be a glitch on the developers part, they need to fix it.
Did the same to me. I went back and started over and I am STUCK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! But before I get to caves. Don't know what I did wrong.[maybe buying this game]

[Post New]by GLee1971 on Jun 23, 14 11:39 AM
LOLOVESHOG wrote:

I'm also stuck in the Ice cave . hint button, map not working

Robcol
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

[Post New]by Robcol on Jun 23, 14 1:11 PM
sportygal2009 wrote:Just posting here to let you know this game has issues. I'm running on PC Windows 7 64 Bit. I've already uninstalled/reinstalled the game once. I've even created a new profile and started over again and I'm still stuck in the same spot at the theater when I give the lady the ring. I'm getting near the end of the game. I only have 4 totems to find. The game was going great until I reached this point. When I give the lady the ring it takes me through a portal to a different location (one I had been to earlier) and then when I click on my mouse to try and check out the area to see what I can do the game takes me back to where I was. The location I just left before I went through the portal - the theater. It will only let me go to 5 locations near the theater but there is nothing to do there. The hint button has even quit working and the map will only let me go to these 5 locations.

Yes I will be writing into Customer Service with a Dr. Felix report but just wanted you to know this game has issues. I see on a different thread 2 other people are having this issue as well!

moonwitch1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by moonwitch1 on Jun 23, 14 6:34 PM
The game has me stuck in the theater too. After I gave the woman the ring, it properly took me back to the house, but for some reason popped me back to the theater office for a HOG at the safe. But after that, the hint button won't work, map won't work and it won't take me back to the house where I need to be.
This is the second time its acted crazy.

Sinclair
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Sinclair on Jun 24, 14 11:05 AM
Same as me. I played the game 3 times and it's always the same thing: the first time, stuck in the cave. Can't go nesr the SkiDoo
second time: I return backward and stuck at the theater
third time, no gazoline in the tank, can't unpict the teddy bear. No hint, nada.

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Jun 24, 14 10:33 PM
add me to those stuck in cave, unable to go back, no hint and no map working.

[Post New]by jasteyo on Jun 25, 14 8:58 AM
stuck in the cave too.............. How do get out. or go back.

[Post New]by cdcgamer on Jun 25, 14 11:15 AM
Have the same problem with the ice cave. Can't go backward or forward and the hint button is not working although it's lit. Had some problems with the cabaret but by using the map to go elsewhere and coming back to the cabaret, I was able to continue on. I can still go to the menu to get out.

I tried reinstalling but no luck.

Edited on 06/25/2014 at 11:19:40 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jun 25, 14 3:36 PM
Hey all,

I'm very sorry to see there have been problems getting through the ice cave in the game.

Sometimes progression blocks like this can be caused if the computer doesn't have permission to access all of the folders and files to run the game properly. If this is the case, it may be easily fixed by running the game as an Administrator. There are some steps to do this in the link below:

Run Game as Administrator

If this doesn't help, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps would be happy to help and track this issue.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

SRT8
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by SRT8 on Jun 25, 14 3:52 PM
I am stuck in the cave.Please help.

Go to: