efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

Finding collection items playing hops

[Post New]by efi24 on Jun 22, 14 12:09 PM
All hops give us pieces of one or two of the collections, if we gather at least 5 items in a row of course. Usually it gives stars or coins or a clue but every once in a while it also offers pieces from the collections.
I started making a list, it's not ready yet and I still need to find a few more but you still may find it useful. So here is what I got so far:

Artist workshop - Bestiary - banishes trickster + Crown of King.
Shaman tent - Light Knight Armor - banishes Faun (1 of 2)
Library - Pot of Gnome Gold - banishes the Tree floater thingy (1 of 3)
Venetian street - Magician Top Hat - banishes the Tree floater thingy (2 of 3)
Fringe hut - Magician Top Hat + Vampire Mirror.
Circus - Vampire Mirror - banishes the Tree floater thingy (3 of 3). Also gives 130 coins and 1 enchanted umbrella (banishes endless rain anomaly).
Alchemy lab - Crowning Dish - banishes Frost Spirit (1 of 3). Also gives 20 coins + 15 minutes stamp.
Captain's cabin - Midas Arm - banishes Frost Spirit (2 of 3). Also gives 50 coins and 5 minutes stamp.
Greenhouse - Scarescrow - banishes Frost Spirit (3 of 3). Also gives 1 treasure finder amulet.
Fashion museum - Cerberus - banishes Centaur (1 of 3). Also gives 1 amulet of fortitude.
Fireplace room - Magic wand - banishes Centaur (2 of 3). Also gives 1 perception amulet.
Asian Market - Imperial Gong - banishes Centaur (3 of 3). Also gives 1 coffee.
Chinese block - Shapito - banishes Fire Elemental (1 of 3). Also gives 1 coffee.
Observatory - Cocktail "New York" - banishes Fire Elemental (2 of 3). Also gives 1 apple)
English Garden - Winner Cup - banishes Fire Elemental (3 of 3). Also gives 200 coins + an apple

[btw, I'm using the initials 'hop' because it's what the game calls them but have no idea what exactly they stand for lol]
Oh and also feel free to add more if you know of any

Edited on 06/27/2014 at 2:22:31 PM PST

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

Re:Finding collection items playing hops

[Post New]by efi24 on Jun 26, 14 10:44 AM
Hi all
Just wanted to let you know that I keep editing this as I find more stuff and I hope you find it helpful... Have also just noticed that have been getting some of those chests playing hops which is oh so cool! Got a random items package, through the Asian market I think (for making a 5 items chain of course) and it's very much worth it! Cool prize indeed.

VegasSam
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by VegasSam on Jun 26, 14 1:03 PM
Thank you for this ,Efi24.

You are an Angel(fish). LOL

ps now I just turned into a starfish

Edited on 06/26/2014 at 1:05:41 PM PST

barbir
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by barbir on Jun 26, 14 1:39 PM
Thanks! Very helpfull

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jun 26, 14 2:12 PM
VegasSam wrote:Thank you for this ,Efi24.

You are an Angel(fish). LOL

ps now I just turned into a starfish

LOL
Congratulations! & thank you very much
You're all very welcome. Glad to help

[Post New]by ppontillo on Jun 27, 14 10:24 AM
I like this game but I cannot complete a collection
I have a lot of same item but alway miss one to complete.

Now , the game is boring.
I go to one HOP to find one thing..
I create the anomalie trap
I go to the anomalie rift
I receive again an item who dont complete my collection.
I repeat
Do you another way?

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jun 27, 14 11:16 AM
ppontillo wrote:I like this game but I cannot complete a collection
I have a lot of same item but alway miss one to complete.

Now , the game is boring.
I go to one HOP to find one thing..
I create the anomalie trap
I go to the anomalie rift
I receive again an item who dont complete my collection.
I repeat
Do you another way?

Well, this list is of how you can get those items when playing hops instead of using the anomaly traps. If you make chains of at least 5 items you always get rewarded with something - clues or stars or coins or energy or boxes or items for collections. This list tells you which items of which collection you can find where. Some items are given more generously than others, true that. And it can take a while and even be a bit frustrating at times but I for example have managed to collect the entire Imperial gong collections just from playing the Chinese block, before I even knew where its anomaly trap is. So you might find this helpful

[Post New]by ppontillo on Jun 27, 14 11:33 PM
I use the anomalie trap.
I go to the anomalie rift and I dont receive the fifth element
to complete a collection
i cannot banish nothing.
I cannot repair the bridge because
I cannot receive the fifth element

moxiemoll
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by moxiemoll on Jun 28, 14 9:20 PM
Thanks Efi, I was hoping you'd post this separately from the misnamed items. I wish we could ask to have them post this and the other at the top of the forum so that others would see them, and the tips as well...

Happytea
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Happytea on Jun 29, 14 10:16 AM
Thanks Efi, the list is what I'm waiting for, ha ha

Lioula
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by Lioula on Jul 2, 14 7:55 AM
Efi the list is great.

Thank you very much.

Lia

Lildariel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Lildariel on Jul 20, 14 6:57 AM
I just found a piece of Vampire Mirror playing Venetian Street. Maybe this changed after the recent update.
And now i found a Piece of Light Knight Armory in the Library.

Edited on 07/21/2014 at 12:06:19 AM PST

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Jul 20, 14 1:24 PM
Like most others, I'm to the point of waiting for the next update.
Here's my suggestion for those trying to complete collections:
If you don't have any, craft a few of the hourglass amulets. (The ones that cut time in half are fine for this.)
Go to the lab and create anomaly traps as long as your single-star items hold out. Then go from rift to rift until you create all the collections. Use your energy. Set up either a cake, fruit basket, or fortune cookie basket and leave the game. Repeat as needed.
I've gotten a couple of achievements already this way, for crafting items and for collections. At least it's something to do until we can get through the force field.

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Jul 20, 14 1:31 PM
ekstra2000, good suggestion about using the timer for anomaly traps. I would have never thought about it. I don't use them for anything since I always have enough time stamps for the longer items. This allows for instant anomaly traps instead of waiting the two minutes or wasting a five minute time stamp. I am not quite there yet, but I will remember it.

[Post New]by HOGPLAYER25 on Jul 23, 14 3:24 PM
thank you so much. have been trying to get the raven for at least a week if not longer, played the greenhouse a couple of times today and finally got it! so many crystals and anomalies wasted but oh well...

[Post New]by ReverendKillJoy on Jul 24, 14 11:56 AM
I think I got this on the Circus but not sure as I was blitzing for experience and gold using the owl and medal. I actually won a random item chest from a scene

Tee_Rex
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Tee_Rex on Jul 26, 14 12:11 PM
I was under the impression that the lenght of time stamps awarded were related to the amount of anomalies defeated while searching, like, a room with 4 anomalies would give me a 8h stamp, for example.
I never realized that the stamps were in fact related to the rooms giving them. Thanks for clarifying this.
And thanks for posting the list, very useful indeed.

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Jul 26, 14 1:34 PM
Tee_Rex wrote:I was under the impression that the lenght of time stamps awarded were related to the amount of anomalies defeated while searching, like, a room with 4 anomalies would give me a 8h stamp, for example.
I never realized that the stamps were in fact related to the rooms giving them. Thanks for clarifying this.
And thanks for posting the list, very useful indeed.

You are correct about the time stamps they are related to the number anomalies. The collection items are related to the room searched.

Tee_Rex
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Tee_Rex on Jul 28, 14 3:41 PM
I just got the coin for the Pot of Gnome Gold in the Shaman Tent, while looking for the Light armor.
Is this a glitch or we might get pieces from other rooms as well?

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Jul 28, 14 7:02 PM
Tee_Rex wrote:I just got the coin for the Pot of Gnome Gold in the Shaman Tent, while looking for the Light armor.
Is this a glitch or we might get pieces from other rooms as well?

I have had the same thing happen. There are multiple rooms in which I have been able to get more than one type of collection items.

Go to: