KimchiGoddess
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Plagiarism !!!!

[Post New]by KimchiGoddess on Jun 22, 14 12:26 PM

Wow. Just wow.

As a big fan of nonograms, I usually purchase them all on here. BUT there is a huge problem with Trick or Treat !!

This game was released last Hallowe'en... and in April, Fill and Cross: Pirate Riddles as also released. For the full demo time, meaning at least the first set of puzzles, the puzzles are IDENTICAL in Pirate Riddles and Trick or Treat.

Now, I realize that the same company is putting these games out, so perhaps legally it isn't plagiarism. But, without the game being labelled as a repackage (as has happened with some games - same game, Christmas theme, for example), this is in a grey zone that could get messy, legally speaking... (if any of you happen to be interested in this sort of thing, take a look at the John Lehrer case).

I'm really surprised, actually, that no one else noticed this! I suppose that we do nonograms to turn our minds off, but still. Big Fish, we aren't all zombies, mindlessly playing and purchasing. I'm very disappointed (albeit moreso in the developpers for believing that within just a few months' time it would be acceptable, morally, economically, and legally, to release the same game).

I did not purchase this game because I realized what was going on during the trial, however I would encourage others who have both games to ask for their money back.

I just posted a very similar post in the Pirate Riddles forum, as well. It isn't plagiarism IF you let everyone know that you're reprinting your on work - so no self plagiarism here

Go to: