tas997
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Painting Quests Have Stopped?

[Post New]by tas997 on Jun 22, 14 3:43 PM
Hi, all - haven't seen this one yet, so maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I completed the Amber Shards quest and returned the first painting. Since then, Fatima and Chris have gone "radio silent." I completed three or four of the new artifacts in the hope that this would trigger a new quest - but no joy. No question marks on the map, no quests on the left side of the screen, not even the cat giving me attitude because it wants a new litterbox or something. Nada.

I've tried re-doing the Amber Shards collection just to see what would happen, and I've also tried re-installing the game...I'm stumped. The funny thing is that I actually *know* where I need to go because when you put together each collection it tells what your quest clue is, but...I guess it doesn't drop the painting until you get the actual quest from Mr. and Ms. Sunshine over there at the AES, and this is the part that I can't seem to trigger.

Anyone have any ideas for this quizzical fishie?

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

Re:Painting Quests Have Stopped?

[Post New]by april3850 on Jun 22, 14 3:49 PM
Well, the tagline at the bottom of the screen says Independence Day starts in 10 days. Im thinking maybe the quests are over with until then. I wish they would let us go ahead and start building the museum. It looks like it could take while to build it.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jun 22, 14 4:20 PM
Hey Tas, I also thought they will be popping up every night in search of a different painting but turns out it was a one time deal with the cat's quests.
What I don't understand from what you wrote is... did you try completing other collections after having all the collectibles needed? 'cause that is what triggers all other quests, or at least supposed to, and each time you complete one of those collections it opens up a puzzle and then a quest with a clue (and the question marks on the map) should appear. So I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding you but have you done that? Not sure what you meant by completing artifacts - did you exchange them for a star? And nothing happened?

tas997
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by tas997 on Jun 22, 14 4:34 PM
Yep, Efi, that's exactly it. The first one I did was the USA map; I got all five pieces, exchanged it for a star, and then the mini-game came up to put it together. I did that and got the clue (that one seems to be telling me to go to Bridgeport). But...no quest.

That's what made me think I was missing a step, because everything I've been reading seems to say that's all that it takes to trigger the quest to come up. But so far, nothing. What's really weird is that the first painting quest seemed to work fine!

tas997
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by tas997 on Jun 22, 14 4:36 PM
Hah, April, you have a point. Nothing's worse than being stuck in an upgrade for three days WHEN YOU NEED THAT BUILDING RIGHT NOW. Grr...

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jun 22, 14 5:50 PM
I have not had any question marks on the map for the painting quests...... just the clue, which clearly tells you where to go and often also gives a hint as to which mode it has to be in : e.g. for Bridgeport it tells you to take pictures - and lo and behold, the painting appears in picture mode. In others it refers to being picky, or fast or in the dark. So you just have to play through the modes until the picture appears. And it then goes straight to the museum.
Have other people had question marks?
I also started with the map and strangely, I didn't get Fatima offering a quest for either that or the amber one, but she then appeared for the rest. When I clicked on Fatima after getting the picture, she has always congratulated me on getting it. Though a couple of times she didn't have a tick there to say I had completed the quest - but I still got the picture in the museum and she disappeared.

RM2008
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by RM2008 on Jun 22, 14 8:15 PM
I read your instructions wulfruna, and the make sense, but for some reason it doesn't work for me, I played Bridgeport 3 times in picture mode, and can't get the picture, so far I have none of the pictures jet. Any ideas? I do now have on the map 4 question marks, and I did play all them, but nothing happened there either. I have been playing the mini games in trying to get some of the special items, even used the list for example compass # 1 is in porcelain # 3, well that doesn't happen in my game, so not sure how to get all the other items, since I don't have so many nets, stamps, yarn, etc. So I have to be careful with all the other min games? If anybody has any ideas that would be great.
RM2008

Edited on 06/22/2014 at 8:16:20 PM PST

[Post New]by mxnana on Jun 22, 14 8:43 PM
After you finish the mini game, try clicking on the clue.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jun 22, 14 9:06 PM
RM2008 wrote:I read your instructions wulfruna, and the make sense, but for some reason it doesn't work for me, I played Bridgeport 3 times in picture mode, and can't get the picture, so far I have none of the pictures jet. Any ideas? I do now have on the map 4 question marks, and I did play all them, but nothing happened there either. I have been playing the mini games in trying to get some of the special items, even used the list for example compass # 1 is in porcelain # 3, well that doesn't happen in my game, so not sure how to get all the other items, since I don't have so many nets, stamps, yarn, etc. So I have to be careful with all the other min games? If anybody has any ideas that would be great.
RM2008

Have you fed the cat yet? I needed to feed the cat for some of the collectibles to appear in the mini-games.

KRTR
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by KRTR on Jun 23, 14 4:22 AM
I had the same problem after completing the new collections. I noticed something else, too. When I was collecting the rewards for collections from Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum the screen was not reloading. I would exit out of the game, then turn the game back on, then I could get the quests to find the paintings. Although, you are going to have to get all of the items for the collections all over again. Hope this helps!

[Post New]by lisatip on Jun 23, 14 4:57 AM
ok, I have a question about the painting quests. I bought the cat and the egyptian collar for it, I have completed the amber shard, only thing is I skipped the put it together puzz;e. bit I completed the collection for it. I have been playing in the toy shop for 3 days now did the picky shopper thing a bunch of times but I still have not gotten the 1st painting. What do I need to do to get it. I got the questions marks on the map and the quest to get the painting, I also have fed the cat and did all I needed to do . Still no painting. Any suggestions? Thanks

Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by 2447 on Jun 23, 14 5:23 AM
I have retrived all the painting except the first one (amber shards). I have been through the toy shop (picky shopper mode) at least 10 times, and the picture never shows up. I am almost broke now and very frustrated. Do NOT know what to try next.

Seppi19
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Seppi19 on Jun 23, 14 5:29 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:
RM2008 wrote:Have you fed the cat yet? I needed to feed the cat for some of the collectibles to appear in the mini-games.

I found out the hard way that without the cat, and I suppose necklace, the needed items drop at a very slow rate. I went through quite a few resources trying to get the needed items. (I had been waiting for my building to finish and didn't want to stop playing) Once I bought the cat it was easy.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Jun 23, 14 7:23 AM
I've done everything that the game asked me to -- fed the cat, bought the necklace, found the collectibles, put them together, read the clues, played the HOS. I've played Toy Shop TEN times (almost 8000 energy) and no painting! <-- 10 times in Picky Shopper, a total of 40 times for all 4 modes. I sent an email to Boomzap late Friday evening. I just heard back from the rep. She's not based in USA so it was already her weekend when I sent the email. She's told the programmers and they are looking into it.

Since I haven;t gotten any of the paintings I'm not sure about this but I thought you'd just get the quest for the Amber one. Sort of like a tutorial.

If I hear anything else I'll let you know.

moezaic
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by moezaic on Jun 23, 14 7:39 AM
For me, the cat never came into play when it came to the paintings. My very first quest of the new upgrade was to customize the colours of the pet shop, and that took three days so when the cat quest came up I couldn't do it. In the meantime I did all of the other quests and found all of the paintings. Once the customization was complete I did the cat quest and got some amber shards I didn't need and that was the end of the quests.

sharilm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by sharilm on Jun 23, 14 7:49 AM
I am having a similar issue. I got the newest update on the 18th. I then got the quest for the cat and upgrading the animal lodge. Both of those are done and then I got the museum membership. I got the first quest for the first painting and did that and got the amber shard collection, once I collected it I got the mini game for the amber marble. Unfortunately the game did not work right in moving the shards into place so I paid the 2 gold to finish it. At that point the quests quit coming and the only thing I am seeing once I log in is the auction house daily quest. I am level 45 is this normal? I just got the storage room upgraded and have started passing out keys to neighbors so it seems like I am a little behind on what is current. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!!

Seppi19
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Seppi19 on Jun 23, 14 8:32 AM
sharilm wrote:I am having a similar issue. I got the newest update on the 18th. I then got the quest for the cat and upgrading the animal lodge. Both of those are done and then I got the museum membership. I got the first quest for the first painting and did that and got the amber shard collection, once I collected it I got the mini game for the amber marble. Unfortunately the game did not work right in moving the shards into place so I paid the 2 gold to finish it. At that point the quests quit coming and the only thing I am seeing once I log in is the auction house daily quest. I am level 45 is this normal? I just got the storage room upgraded and have started passing out keys to neighbors so it seems like I am a little behind on what is current. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!!

Rather than use gold to finish - have you used the hint function? It will put one piece in place, which is often enough to get you moving. If not, wait until the hint regenerates and use again.

Edited on 06/23/2014 at 8:36:02 AM PST

[Post New]by AngelLabOwner on Jun 23, 14 8:33 AM
my issues are different. I cant seem to find 4 missing parts I am maxed on all of the cities but 2. I have the cat fed the cat upgraded everything. I have paintings but not the puzzle pieces so I cant put them in the AES.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jun 23, 14 9:04 AM
It would appear that I'm fated to never even see these quests. My current quest is to buy a necklace for my cat. The cat costs 140 gold, and I'm not about to cash in everything I have to get it...

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Jun 23, 14 10:59 AM
you dont have to buy the cat, you just have to find all the puzzle pieces and then find the paintings then feed the cat in the pet shop.

Go to: