mapste
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Achievements? High Scores?

[Post New]by mapste on Jun 22, 14 5:25 PM
Don't know if anyone is monitoring this "old" game anymore ---

I've finished the game twice, but don't see high scores anywhere. Where are they?

Also I noticed many people in this forum posting about getting the miller, the fisherman, etc. How do I know if I've gotten everyone, and if not, how do I know what's missing? Can I replay certain levels to get them?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Achievements? High Scores?

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 23, 14 5:35 PM
There isn't a high score table kept anywhere in Cradle of Rome, at least not the PC version. As for finding out about the citizens, if you mouse over (or maybe click, I can't remember right now exactly) the buildings in the city scene, it gives you a popup screen which among other things will list the citizen associated with that building if you've found that person. If you haven't gotten the citizen for that building yet, it will have a question mark and something about "playing skillfully" to earn that citizen. Some buildings have no citizen associated with them. There aren't specific levels that you need to play to earn citizens; you just need to do the tricks needed to gain them before you finish level 100. Of course, there are certain levels in which certain tricks are much easier to do, but this should give you the general idea.

mapste
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mapste on Jun 24, 14 8:35 PM
Re. high scores, that's not cool! Why play the game again if not to improve your score? I tried to go to Olympus, assuming it would take me to my last level played, 100, to see my final score. Unfortunately,it took me to level 80 with 3 lives (I had at least 15 at this point when I played originally) and now I'm stuck there.

I can't get back to any earlier epochs! There's no way I'm going to get some of the little men I need -- like <3 minute level, 3 consecutive 5's, or 15 moves in succession, when I'm faced with all these double-crossed tiles. (It's right-click, hold, BTW)

When I click to start the game. it asks if I want to continue saved game at level 80 or start a new game. Is there any way of getting back?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 25, 14 7:04 PM
I've got three of the Cradle M3 games and none of them have a high score table for the adventure portion of the game, unfortunately. Cradle of Rome 2 and Cradle of Egypt do have tourney and blitz modes in them with associated high score tables though. As for getting back to earlier epochs, you can't do that with a game in progress, and would have to delete the current game and pick a different epoch the next time. When I replay I always start from level 1 so I don't know how the city scene looks if you choose one of the later epochs or if there are any citizens already with the buildings if you're replaying from somewhere in the middle. Will agree that it would be really hard to do all 12 tricks from level 80 onwards.

You can try to beat the testers' best time on each of the levels as it saves the best times for all player profiles. I also like to do other things like see how fast I can get the city rebuilt or how long I can go without using any powerups.

Go to: