Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Church Bat HOS

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 22, 14 7:42 PM
I can not play the church bat HOS because it always is empty of objects with no list. I mean always. It's the last HOS I play and I have to close down MC time after time.

What I'd like to know is what gifts do we get from that scene? I know that one is the Breath of Life but what are the others?

kashmatash
Clownfish
Clownfish
628 Posts

Re:Church Bat HOS

[Post New]by kashmatash on Jun 22, 14 8:19 PM
Amerzone,

I have the same problem with this HOS. It usually takes me 5-6 times before I get a list. But to answer your question, here are the items you get from this HOS:

Breath of Life
Reconciliation Rod
Golden Storm

ETA: This HOS is called Broken Statue. I'm pretty sure we are talking about the same one.

Edited on 06/22/2014 at 8:22:28 PM PST

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 23, 14 3:56 AM
Kash, you're the best! Thank you so much for sharing that information with me.

I have just a few HOS that give me this problem and the Broken Statue is the worst right now. Most of the scenes work fine, just not this one at this time.

The other two that do it every so often are The Ship and The Battle Pit.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jun 23, 14 4:47 AM
Is this the one outside the chapel? If so I now cannot play it either! At first I could every so often but now every time I try, no list, no objects.

Thank the Lord, the others all seem to have settled down again and it is only this one that is a problem!

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 23, 14 5:13 AM
Yes, it's the one on the peak of the chapel. It is SO bad. I tried all day yesterday and got in with a list just once. That's how I knew that the Breath of Life was one of the objects from it.

I'd like to know if people are having troubles with any other specific HOS or are people experiencing this on random scenes. Mine always seem to be the same HOS.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Jun 23, 14 5:17 AM
Mostly on that one Amerzone, but I'm getting it in other scenes too, like the Tent, tree of Knowledge, Battle pit and Crypt. I seems to be getting worse and spreading

kashmatash
Clownfish
Clownfish
628 Posts

[Post New]by kashmatash on Jun 23, 14 5:26 AM
cybthemoler,

Yes, this is the HOS outside the Chapel above the entry.

Like Amerzone, I have the same problem with the Pirate Ship, Tree of Knowledge, and occasionally the Crypt. I have not had this happen with the Battle Pit yet,

The Broken Statue is so bad that by the 3rd try, I give up and leave the game. I save this HOS for last. Very difficult to build up inventory when you can't play it.

Edit to correct: cynththemoler (sorry about that)

Edited on 06/23/2014 at 5:29:39 AM PST

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jun 23, 14 5:46 AM
No probs!

Yes, I came back to say it was because it just let me have a go and I saw the name!

Perhaps it will let me have a go every now and again - if I can be patient!

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 23, 14 7:13 AM
I think that the Tree of Knowledge did it to me once or twice but a long while ago. Which one is the Tent?

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Jun 23, 14 7:19 AM
The one near the Bow Figurine

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 23, 14 7:42 AM
Ok, then perhaps it's the Tent that has been empty for me, not The Ship. I get those two areas confused. I'm thinking of the one with the eggplant, skull and knife.

Edited on 06/23/2014 at 7:43:27 AM PST

kashmatash
Clownfish
Clownfish
628 Posts

[Post New]by kashmatash on Jun 23, 14 8:09 AM
Amerzone wrote:Ok, then perhaps it's the Tent that has been empty for me, not The Ship. I get those two areas confused. I'm thinking of the one with the eggplant, skull and knife.

This is the Pirate Ship HOS.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jun 23, 14 8:17 AM
kashmatash,

You can't give up. I have the exact same problem with the Broken Statue and have had to restart the game up to 8 times before the list appeared. On another thread about this particular HO scene, I listed 10 or 11 different things I did to try to get the list to show, like clicking on the flowers, not clicking on the flowers, waiting for the statue's head to be up, waiting for the head to be down, going inside the church, backing out to the town, etc. Nothing made any difference.

I don't want to skip it and not collect the item it renders. Originally, I had this problem with the Pirate Ship. Now that one is ok, and it does show up sporadically in other scenes, but the Broken Statue is by far the worse.

kashmatash
Clownfish
Clownfish
628 Posts

[Post New]by kashmatash on Jun 23, 14 11:41 AM
Thanks whitebutterfly54,

I haven't given up entirely. I just got to where I didn't want to close and open after my third try. I have played it enough that I do have inventory from it, it's just very frustrating!

I have read the posts regarding different ways to enter this HOS as you mentioned, and no one way seems to work for everybody. I did try something different this morning and went into this HOS first, and guess what, three times in a row I had a list on the first try. Go figure! Don't know if this method will continue to work for my game, but for now I will take this approach.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 23, 14 12:59 PM
Ooo, thanks Kash, maybe that will work for me too

Go to: