Hildeguard
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

ready to quit the game

[Post New]by Hildeguard on Jun 23, 14 9:03 AM
There doesn't seem to any point to the game anymore. I am on level 22 and I know I can not advance any further.

I went from 25000 coins to 3000 coins doing quests to try to get to the next level.
I had 16 pages of inventory and now I have 5 1/2 left.
I did a 10 part DQ and lost 17000 coins.
I did a 4 part DQ and lost 3000 coins.
I have completed 53 goals for achievements and my count for the achievement says 50 completed.
I spent la lot of coins to craft an emerald dragon, he brought back a silver chest, I netted 4 PLAIN stamps in the chest and it was silver, that was all that was in the chest.

What am I doing wrong?????
It is not from trying, I played the dice game everyday for a week and never won 1 game. All I get from the wheel is globes and wands.

I have been so stressed out over this game Pulling my hair out, I ordered a wig yesterday.

I have 183 pet medallions I would gladly give away as gifts but no dice there, you can't put them on your wish list, sorry.

KittChaos
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

Re:ready to quit the game

[Post New]by KittChaos on Jun 23, 14 9:30 AM
*hugs*

Sometimes it does seem as if the game malevolently hates you. I think all of us get that. Since the game is stressing you so much, and making you unhappy, I think it's a good idea to step away for a bit. Completely, if you need to, or perhaps check the game one time a day to play a favorite Hidden Object Scene or two, or the Dice Game, or send an Airship, if you like any of those game features, and to get the daily prize.

I've had to take breaks from this and other games on occasion (in fact I'm on a two month break from a game I've been playing for eight years and counting) for the same reason -- stress and frustration, which no game is supposed to cause.

I lost all three dice rolls to the Wise Dragon yesterday (and I need only eight more wins for the Dragon Fighter Achievement -- I might be the only one who likes the looks of the Frog Witch Avatar!) but today I won two out of three. The game seems determined to keep me from getting an Owl Egg and I blew several thousand Gold Coins last week trying to get it. Yesterday, there were two eggs on my Fortune Wheel (not the Owl Egg, unfortunately) and darn it if I didn't get four eggs out of six tries (my free one and five tries to complete a Gnome Quest)!

I've gotten picky about which Gnome Quests I do -- I tend to stop a quest if there are several crafting steps as I don't like the depletion of my inventory. I'll spend a week just running the Hidden Object Scenes to build up again, and ignore the Gnome Quests unless it's just one of those that has you do HOS.

I hope you decide to take a break instead of quitting the game. Your luck in Midnight Castle is bound to turn good again, but it's not good to become frustrated and miserable in the mean time.

~Kitt Chaos

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jun 23, 14 9:30 AM
Take a break Hildeguard, we have all been where you are now; each game is so unique it is difficult to advise you what to do.

I found I had to do endless circles to gather flowers for coins, inventory and money.

I do not always complete the daily quests, I just do those that suit my game.

Have a little R and R, have a read through the strategy guide in Helpful links for Midnight Castle, there may be some hints there for you.

Good luck

Hildeguard
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Hildeguard on Jun 23, 14 9:41 AM
thanks for the advise, I think maybe I'll do 2 sessions a day just run through the HOS's I have open from start to straight through and keep up with the gifts. Maybe I can build the game back up before I spend coins on quests, wheels, dice and such.

I have spent every spare minute on this game since I started it, so cutting back might be the answer.

Thanks again.

HotLily
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by HotLily on Jun 23, 14 9:48 AM
Hildeguard, I got to the point you're at and very nearly left. I spent a couple of weeks just giving away items from my inventory and quite enjoyed being a fairy godmother! I was persuaded by the lovely people on this forum to keep at it and so I started to play again. It does help taking a break of some kind. I hope you don't leave for good.

Freya

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jun 23, 14 9:53 AM
Hilde, remember doing the daily quests are optional. Keep an eye on your resources and never let them get too low. Same with the Fortune Wheel. Never keep spinning willy-nilly. The coins you spend add up faster than you realize.

Like Kitt and Cyn said, take a break. We all know what it's like to lose your mind over this game and sometimes a little time away is all it takes. Remember, absence makes the heart grow fonder. No worries, we'll all still be here and MC too.

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by aleutcia on Jun 23, 14 10:21 AM
Whitebutterfly is so right, cut back on the Daily Quests!!! I could not believe the money you lost doing those. I hardly ever do them all. Never done a 10 part one. They are just not worth it to me. I don't want to waste $ and inventory on something that will not advance me in the game. I do what I easily can, then stop. I still have enough medallions for crafting pets just by doing one to 4 parts of a quest.

Also remember to always go round and do all the HOS. If you have quite a few available you can get some quick $. I only play 1 to 3 times a day and have had no hair pulling.

SARAHBEE
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by SARAHBEE on Jun 23, 14 10:23 AM
Hildegard, this is all good advice - just take a break. I think one of the truest sentiments that I or anyone else has written or read about MC is that ' it is a marathon not a sprint '. I have played since mid January and in that time I have played every hour on the hour, played just enough to open and complete one quest a day, even only entered the castle to send gifts and collect daily reward.
It doesn't matter it is your game and there are no rules!
As for DQ if it is going to interfere with your game too much - don't do it, I bought diamonds for the DQ but have decided to save them for when I need something in the game as the DQ doesn't advance the game it is just a side bar
Whatever you do just remember your decision is for you alone and isn't irreversible and you can always just hang around the forum for a bit

Hugs and loves
Sarah Bee

Hildeguard
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Hildeguard on Jun 23, 14 10:42 AM
Thanks so much everyone, I get so depressed sometimes, but you all seem to cheer me up and MC will get better. I can't go any further to the next level until I open a new area and not going to do it until my resourses are back up a ways. I am back up on coins but not quite where I was and now 8 pages of inventory. I had 16 at one time.

I had 283 plain stamps so I sold them down to 100, no worries I know they will build back quick.

So just HOS's and the ship for while.

With help from wondering friends on here, the sun is shinning again.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 23, 14 10:42 AM
First, take everybody's advise and take a break either away from the game or just playing the HO scenes without worrying about the quests until you feel less stressed.

I approach the Daily Quests differently. I work them in tandem with the regular quests. I check the strategy guide first to see what the entire sequence of DQ entails and how far I will be able to progress in it. You don't say what level you are at, but have a look at the strategy guide. Maybe the guide has the quests listed for your level and you can see what you will need in advance in the way of crafting, which artifact chest you will be opening.

If the DQ is going to require crafting, and my regular quest requires crafting, I hold back on the regular quest and craft when the part of the DQ requiring crafting appears. This way I know that I will need what I craft.

I wait to send the airship, play dice, and feed my pets until the DQ tells me to. Same with spinning the wheel and I never spin past the 500 coin mark.

I WILL spend diamonds on the DQ, but only to get 1-2 items IF I have everything else needed to complete the entire quest. I won't spend diamonds doing regular quests because there's a find path to get what you need for the regular quests, and I won't spend diamonds to speed up my progress.

There is no find path for the DQ's so don't waste time playing a HO scene and think you'll get what you need. You might think this is wrong and it needs to be changed, but it is what it is. Accept the game the way it is written, don't fight it, and you'll have a lower stress level.

Don't worry that other people are ahead of you in the game at a higher level.

Tamarindra
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Tamarindra on Jun 23, 14 12:05 PM
Hey Hildeguard,

You are on my friend-list.
And I can tell you first-hand, like others did before me, that I've been where you are.
It was mostly because I had read about the difficult level-thing experienced by the players before me, that I held on 'for dear life'. Because they assured me that I WOULD get through it.
And I DID !
It just took a different 'mind-set' on my part.
AND some great giftings from friends...

So if you like this game at all, I would like to try and encourage you to 'stick with it'.

I am at level 26 right now, and that took a lot of effort and patience. But I enjoyed the fruits of my labour...

Feel free to PM me if you feel you need certain items that I could gift you.
Surely we can work it out.

Hang on, keep calm & carry on !
Greetz, Yamuun

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 23, 14 1:17 PM
Hildeguard,

I've given your post some more thought, and you know what? You're not doing anything wrong.

Unless you are sitting around waiting for an update, and just playing the game to stockpile and pass the time, your coins will go down and your inventory will decrease while you play.

But you know what? They're supposed to! The coins and stamps and pet food and crafted items and other items are there for you to use.

As for the Daily Quests, if you do them, don't think of it as depleting your coins and inventory. Because you're not. What you are doing is exchanging one asset for another.

You open the Iron Box, you get what's inside. So you haven't lost 2 Murderer's Eyes, you've exchanged them for a Strangled Ruby. And, you get the Pet Medallions, coins and some other items for completing the quest.

Same thing with crafting. You're not losing anything - you're trading stuff to get something different.

So just ignore the posts where people list how much of whatever they have in their inventory. They started playing before you did, they may have more time to play than you do. They've finished all the content and are stockpiling; you've still got regular quests to do and new things to discover.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jun 23, 14 1:43 PM
Regular quests and new things to discover cost coins. And lots of them. I don't see the point in trying to complete multiple daily quests if you are short on coins and/or inventory.
Items like the murderer's eyes and grasping handles are in short enough supply....if you don't have many to spare, you're just wasting them on the daily quests. As far as I can see, the only reason to do the DQs are the pet medallions and the achievement. The items you get from the DQs are regular items obtained by completing the HOs.

I still think its best to be prudent with your coins and items as long as you are still trying to progress in the game. If you've reached the endpoint for now, then play what DQs and craft what pets you can.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 23, 14 2:20 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:Regular quests and new things to discover cost coins. And lots of them. I don't see the point in trying to complete multiple daily quests if you are short on coins and/or inventory.
Items like the murderer's eyes and grasping handles are in short enough supply....if you don't have many to spare, you're just wasting them on the daily quests. As far as I can see, the only reason to do the DQs are the pet medallions and the achievement. The items you get from the DQs are regular items obtained by completing the HOs.

I still think its best to be prudent with your coins and items as long as you are still trying to progress in the game. If you've reached the endpoint for now, then play what DQs and craft what pets you can.

But murderer's eyes and grasping handles can always be gotten from the HO scenes if you have a regular quest (unless you are one of the unfortunate few who's game doesn't have a working find path for regular quests). Yes, you will have to wait for the HO scenes to be available to search, but big deal. Once you've gone through all the regular quests you will be sitting waiting anyway.

And sometimes those DQ's give you artifact items for completing them. I've received the Unshakeable Stronghold more than once and some other good stuff.

I agree that crafting pets is something that can wait. But some people enjoy the pets and maybe they're happier being pet rich and coin poor for the short time. And crafting pets counts toward the DQ crafting requirement.

Mika_nz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Mika_nz on Jun 23, 14 5:04 PM
I agree with the general census of opinion here, if the game is causing you a lot of frustration; then yes; take some time out.
With respect to the lack of ready coinage, my ploy is to stop sending airships and selling off those items to boost my cash flow.
It doesn't take long to replenish those stocks.
It's a trade off, by giving coin you're getting something in return, nothing lost and everything to gain.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jun 23, 14 5:26 PM
Mika,
You do get coins for sending the airship. As you pack each crate it shows how much you're being paid for the items. I don't know how that compares to what you get for sellling them, but they aren't completely thrown away.

Go to: