5th candle?

[Post New]by GrandmaSloan on Jun 24, 14 12:09 AM
I'm all the way at the end of the game, but I can't find the 5th candle. The hint keeps pointing me back to the tea set, but I completed that puzzle.
Help!

Re:5th candle?

[Post New]by Bids123 on Jun 25, 14 12:08 PM
Same here.

Sure looks like a bad bug

Let's hope there is an answer. Keep looking back here

[Post New]by Bids123 on Jun 25, 14 12:17 PM
OK the stupid game is pretty bugged up.

I went back to the Theater portal and tried to get back and the game is not letting me.
The map does not work and you can forget about the hint button.

OK too bad time to do something else.

[Post New]by Jtlangford on Jun 30, 14 8:54 AM
I'm having the exact same problem. Does Big FIsh ever respond to these problem posts?

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 11, 14 6:31 PM
Well I restarted this game as well due to boredom. Lack of something decent to play. This game went great for me THIS time around until this spot. I'm now stuck at this spot as well needing the 5th candle. Hey at least the hint works this time but it keeps directing me to the tea set as mentioned here and yes I have it arranged according to what's in the journal and still can't get this 5th candle! Oh but just for grins I tried to click on the map. It has quit working.

Having said all this: This game is still buggy as I noticed things have to be done in a certain order. If you miss something well it will make you start over again.

For me this game didn't get buggy until I hit that theater location. While I had no problems this time with the theater I can tell there is still a bug there cause it won't let you back out of this location.

Edited on 07/11/2014 at 6:33:43 PM PST

beelazy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by beelazy on Jul 12, 14 8:11 AM
5th candle is in the secret room behind the chest that stands upright, look for the 5th candle in the lower right corner!

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 12, 14 9:36 AM
Thanks for trying to help but there is no 5th candle for me. I've clicked on everything in this secret room and I don't even see a candle where you are talking about. I see other candles but won't let me take one of those but I don't see one where you are talking about. The hint which is the only time I used it in this game but keeps taking me to the tea set and yes I have everything arranged according to the page in the journal.

I'm writing to the developer of this game. Just may get a fix or some action then.

[Post New]by Jewelomega on Jul 14, 14 7:24 PM
I have the same issue. Damned if I'm going to play it again. Don't worry about Big Fish helping with problems. They never do as I have found before. Blergh!

chris30s
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by chris30s on Aug 1, 14 12:40 PM
This is not something BF can fix... it's good to let BF know the problem exists, but there's no sense getting mad at them about it.

This bug is part of the game, that the devs have to correct. I downloaded the game from somewhere else and ran into this same problem. I came looking for some kind of strategy guide or walkthrough, thinking I was just missing it. Unfortunately, I see I'm not.

[Post New]by terrib88 on Aug 2, 14 3:38 PM
I'm am also stuck here, the 5th candle is on the dresser where the totem head is, problem being as soon as you click the totem head it closes that scene and you can't open it back up to get the last candle. I even replayed thinking I messed up, but once there I got the candle 1st, tried to click the 2nd one on the dresser and it gave me the totem head and closed the scene. I also downloaded from another sight so don't know what to do now. I sent an email to that sight and they said not their problem.

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Aug 4, 14 5:34 AM
terrib88 wrote:I'm am also stuck here, the 5th candle is on the dresser where the totem head is, problem being as soon as you click the totem head it closes that scene and you can't open it back up to get the last candle. I even replayed thinking I messed up, but once there I got the candle 1st, tried to click the 2nd one on the dresser and it gave me the totem head and closed the scene. I also downloaded from another sight so don't know what to do now. I sent an email to that sight and they said not their problem.

Obviously not the developer of this game problem either. I sent them an email on July 12th. Today is August 4th. I haven't heard anything from them! I did FINALLY complete this game after SEVERAL ATTEMPTS but only by luck. It still has glitches in it.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Aug 4, 14 8:05 AM
I grabbed 1 candle on the dresser by the totem head, then grabbed the totem head... totem went into my box... reclicked again on the dresser and grabbed the other candle. I did manage to get all 5 candles from that back room and did finish the game - no problems... good luck.

[Post New]by ac92263 on Aug 30, 14 11:19 AM
Do NOT click on the Totem until after you have gotten the four other candles. Then click on the totem. It will then allow you go back to the dress top to pick up the picture heart locket and the last candle.

Zurreen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

5th candle?

[Post New]by Zurreen on Jan 28, 15 7:11 AM
Someone said that get all four candles, then grab the totem and then you would be allowed to go back in the close up again to grab the last candle. But I didn't want to take any chances (because the last thing I wanted to do was play the game -- yet again! -- just for that one candle -- hehehe). So this is what I did, and it worked like a charm! Grab the first three candles (one on the bulletin board, one in lower left, and one in lower right) and then go in the close up on the totem (in upper right). NOTE: There are TWO candles in this close up - one to the left of the Totem and the other one to the right. Grab the candle in front (left of the totem) -- the game allow to do that. After getting that one, you will have no choice but to go for the totem. So click on the totem and as the cutscene starts playing QUICKLY grab the last candle before the cutscene switches to the box! You can let the cutscene play out as you are thanking God for getting all five candles! (HEHEHE).

Edited on 01/28/2015 at 7:15:38 AM PST

Zurreen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Zurreen on Jan 28, 15 7:19 AM
Someone said that get all four candles, then grab the totem and then you would be allowed to go back in the close up again to grab the last candle. But I didn't want to take any chances (because the last thing I wanted to do was play the game -- yet again! -- just for that one candle -- hehehe). So this is what I did, and it worked like a charm! Grab the first three candles (one on the bulletin board, one in lower left, and one in lower right) and then go in the close up on the totem (in upper right). Grab the candle in front (left of the totem) -- you will be allowed to do that. After getting that one, you will have no choice but to go for the totem. So click on the totem and as the cutscene starts playing QUICKLY grab the last candle before the cutscene switches to the box! You can let the cutscene play out as you are thanking God for getting all five candles! (HEHEHE).

Edited on 01/28/2015 at 7:20:23 AM PST

ryguy8192
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ryguy8192 on Jul 2, 15 9:19 AM
beelazy wrote:5th candle is in the secret room behind the chest that stands upright, look for the 5th candle in the lower right corner!

Thanks for the post. It really helps me a lot.

ryguy8192
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ryguy8192 on Jul 3, 15 10:01 AM
ryguy8192 wrote:
beelazy wrote:5th candle is in the secret room behind the chest that stands upright, look for the 5th candle in the lower right corner!

Scratch that. I tried that way; and the cursor did not change so I could pick it up. I am still stuck. Sorry, false alarm.

[Post New]by Tanuki_san on Aug 8, 15 12:04 PM
I finally just went back to that secret room, clicked on the top of the dresser, and this time could pick up the fifth candle. Try going through the entire room to make sure it's not some other candle you didn't find.

Edited on 08/08/2015 at 12:05:25 PM PST

Go to: