A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 06/24/2014 at 8:04:46 AM PST

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Monument Builders: Alcatraz here

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 24, 14 4:19 AM
I am warming to these and this one is highly recommended for beginners like me.

More entertaining, more informative and more fun that any other games of this genre I have played.

I enjoyed the facts, the quiz and especially the Thugs and Thieves (is that really bad of me?)

I might even consider buying one, but will check out others in this series first.

Give it a try for sure.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jun 24, 14 8:03 AM
It would be fun, if only we didn't have to clickety-clickety-clickety on thugs and thieves. That doesn't make these old, arthritic hands happy. Other than that problem it's a fun game, and does require a bit of planning to get 3 stars. The stars come in handy, and are used as upgrades for specialized workers, faster production and automatic transport. If I had younger hands this one would be a buy.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jun 24, 14 8:04 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Monument Builders: Alcatraz here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Monument Builders: Alcatraz.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jun 24, 14 6:24 PM
I like this game. I like the fun facts, especially for this one since I'm from San Francisco.

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Jun 24, 14 7:46 PM
mgpaquin wrote:It would be fun, if only we didn't have to clickety-clickety-clickety on thugs and thieves. That doesn't make these old, arthritic hands happy. Other than that problem it's a fun game, and does require a bit of planning to get 3 stars. The stars come in handy, and are used as upgrades for specialized workers, faster production and automatic transport. If I had younger hands this one would be a buy.

Hi

I am on the 2nd level and I have to get rid of the thugs. I saw your clickety comment. I have been clicking each one as a appears over them. Do I have to click really fast????

Thanks ONWISC Pam

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Jun 24, 14 8:34 PM
OnWisconsin wrote:
mgpaquin wrote:It would be fun, if only we didn't have to clickety-clickety-clickety on thugs and thieves. That doesn't make these old, arthritic hands happy. Other than that problem it's a fun game, and does require a bit of planning to get 3 stars. The stars come in handy, and are used as upgrades for specialized workers, faster production and automatic transport. If I had younger hands this one would be a buy.

Hi

I am on the 2nd level and I have to get rid of the thugs. I saw your clickety comment. I have been clicking each one as a appears over them. Do I have to click really fast????

Thanks ONWISC Pam

I figured it out. Lot of clicks "does the trick." (Isn't that bad.,.,,,

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jun 26, 14 1:18 AM
I think I left a review for this game & I truly want to take a star off, giving it ohhh....3, 3.5 starts instead of 4 or 4.5 stars - because of the sounds. The sounds are horrible. Its not at all different from having the Salvation Army people ringing a bell non stop in your face for long stretches of time.

(I cannot stand to play games on mute, so I'm trying to find a happy medium. The specific sounds I don't like are the bell dinging ones from deliveries. Ack!!)

The graphics are not quite what you'd call "good" but it doesn't bother me.

One last thing: If youre the sort who strives for perfection, this might bother you. But then if you like a challenge, you may prefer this! I would recommend one of the other MB games before this if you're looking for a TM building sort of game.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jun 26, 14 1:23 AM
One more question: is there STILL no way to edit a review once we've put it up?? And does anyone know why that's the case, if it is? That is NOT COOL. Not at all. Not even kind of.
Makes me want to consider getting my games from somewhere else.

I bought this game early on into the free one hour trial, based upon my trust of the series. I thought that I had played enough to see that I liked it. Boy, was I wrong. I don't DISlike the game, but I certainly do not think its as good as I initially felt.
Has anyone besides me noticed this new trend where games are good for like, an hour & then they just go steeply downhill? Or God forbid, end altogether soon after?
Sneaky practice.

The sounds in this game are *quite* grating but the rest of it is okay, I suppose. I just feel regret about having made it sound so good.

nelly153
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by nelly153 on Jun 30, 14 6:16 AM
I have to agree with Yaenelle, I have found this a lot recently the games start well with new things introduced as you go along but this stops as you get further into the game and then it becomes a routine of doing the same thing over and over for different goals

I enjoy this game but hate clicky clicky games, which means I loath the thugs and thieves and level 19 is almost enough to make me give up and not play the game any more - It is certainly enough to make me reconsider ever buying one of these games again if they do not remove this sort of thing from the game

I am happy to have a clickfest when I have to go fast to achieve a goal but not when I have to keep clicking the same thing to get rid of it. I want to use skill to solve the best strategy and way to get the goal within 3 stars not see if I can be the fastest clicker out there!

Larissa_Jane
Flounder
Flounder
2,273 Posts

[Post New]by Larissa_Jane on Jul 10, 14 11:26 PM
wish the instructions were easier to understand!
for example ; the 'thugs' .. I click on them and a closed fist appears ... what do I do next??
Looks like it might be an interesting game BUT the instructions are so o o poor.
did I miss a tutorial somewhere???

Audreyrpeters
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyrpeters on Jul 26, 14 5:53 PM
I am a huge fan of TM games and have played a lot of them. I have also played all the Monument Builders and purchased this one because I have enjoyed the previous games. I do not however like this one and regret my purchase. There is just too much going on at once. The thugs reappear at the most irritating times and places and I cannot seem to stay on task with the utter and complete chaos. I have tied in vain on level 11 to get gold without buying a bonus. I don't appreciate having to purchase bonuses in order to complete the level and certainly don't expect this to be the case at the lower levels. Am going to delete this game.

Go to: