Edited on 06/24/2014 at 8:02:00 AM PST

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Artifacts of Eternity here

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 24, 14 3:06 AM
Match-3 with a story of sorts

So, the artefacts have disappeared through a portal and have scattered throughout time. Once you have fixed the generator to power the time machine you are on your way, visiting (in the demo) Ancient Egyptian and Mayan Civilisations where you 'perform tasks' in the shape of puzzles.

This is out and out M3, no sneaky HO scenes. The only time you do something different is when you are about to travel to the next time zone and you have a jigsaw.

I played in relaxed mode but there is a timed mode too. It was indeed relaxing and quite entertaining.

The music was repetitive but appropriate to the environment (I particularly enjoyed the Egyptian). The music between puzzles as you progress along the map trail can get a bit irritating after a while.

The thing which will stop me buying it is the M3 puzzles themselves. With the exception of one where you create a path for an object through a large puzzle, they are all very small and rather dull looking. You get occasional blocks to break with matches etc, but nothing really exciting.

Also, you cannot make moves while things are happening on the board so you sometimes just sit, waiting. There are no tools or upgrades so if you have one last square to turn blue it can take quite some time. There is a shuffle but it is not a great help.

Is this a sequel? I ask because the characters say things like "Last time you were here..."

So, I don't recommend this to buy without trying first and I wouldn't even waste a dusty coupon on it.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jun 24, 14 8:01 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Artifacts of Eternity here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Artifacts of Eternity.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Jun 24, 14 11:41 PM
I am really enjoying this game. M3's are my favorite. To me it is not boring, as there are some puzzles and other things thrown in. Very nice graphics and the music isn't bad. Thanks BF!

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Jun 25, 14 1:19 AM
BASED ON DEMO ONLY

This little M3 game can be deceiving. Yes, the boards are small. No, you can't make matches until the boards are finished making their matches. But there is a reason behind both of these (what we used to call) flaws. It makes the challenge in this M3 game.

In the first board, you were looking for parts of a garden shears, and to get them you had to bring them to the bottom so they would be released. Hey, no problemo. Got that one right away. The second board, following the story, was to cut the vines so you could get in the basement doorway. The instructions said "make matches over all the tiles on the board to clear the vines." I think I had my dumb hat on , or else didn't really read the instructions because they were soooo simple. I matched all the "vine" tiles; there were none left on this board, so I waited to go on to board 3. What I really had to do was make matches over every tile on the board (seems I'd heard that before somewhere). When you did that, the tiles turned white and board was done. Duh! 3rd or 4th level, I had to clear a path so the lamp could get to the generator on the other side of this big board. The board and lamp moved along as you cleared the path, but there was a point at the end where the board was small again, partially covered with your score box, and I could not see any more matches. Didn't look like I had any power-ups, but clicked on the shuffle button anyway, and that shuffled the tiles and I was able to continue.

That was the only "big" board I ran into. The rest were small - making your matching choices very limited, so you actually need all the tiles to drop and make their own matches before you look at the board again and think what is the best move to make now? What move will not put me in a corner and will give me the most matches to chose from? For me, therein lied the challenge.

The graphics were clean and crisp, the story was non-intrusive and not made for 8-year olds. I will complain about the coloring chosen for the tiles and the pictures on the tiles. They were not primary colors and were dark. So if your objective is to make matches over all the tiles, and they all turn from dark red to navy, how do you know there is a kelly green underneath the navy background? Too much squinting at that point. I am on the fence about this game, but try it and maybe it's better in the light of day.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jun 26, 14 2:32 AM
I played the demo and I bought the game, The Graphics was clear and beautiful and I loved the sounds..Thx DEV's for all your time you spent on this awesome game Thx BF,,I recommend this game..

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Jul 6, 14 11:31 PM
Loved this game. But too short. Have to play it again, I guess.

Rhowennah
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Rhowennah on Jul 7, 14 10:19 PM
Finally ! finished the game and glad to say I will not be playing it again... I did not mind it being slow... have nothing better to be doing after I get the house cleaned, I thought this would be something good to pass the time... Well, I did not figure out until almost the end of the game that you had to buy the bomb and not earn it for a power up... Duh...! Never did see any info on that one... but what really got my goat was when Christopher Columbus said he had found the Holy Land and not India or a new world, that was a little bit too much for me to handle... I also found fault with having Vikings working with a catapult in 1066 and then a shiny knight in armor in 500 something... seems they got that backwards... At least that is what I am hoping and not having learned that in school... Anyway, Devs, go back to school before you do another one on time travel... some of us love history as well as play games... Another one bites the dust so I am on to the next...

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Artifacts of Eternity here

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jul 10, 14 10:02 PM
Nice pix, usual M3 arrangement, plus the very easy jigsaws already mentioned.

But they should have made clear that clicking on the disks in the corners, once their arcs are filled up, invokes tools--lightning and shuffle, perhaps among others.

letseat
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by letseat on Jul 17, 14 6:12 PM
Play again--buy power-ups--Good game and longer if you play round 2..

Go to: