Donanjo
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Free energy

[Post New]by Donanjo on Jun 24, 14 8:22 AM
Where do I find today's free energy 11 am to 12 pm?

Re:Free energy

[Post New]by LadySparkle55 on Jun 24, 14 8:28 AM
That is PST. . .you would need to convert to your time zone. I am EDT so expect free energy from 2-3pm

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Jun 24, 14 8:44 AM
What they will do in that hour is change the little symbol on the left bottom from a purple lighting bolt with "15" on it to a purple lightning bolt with "free" on it in that hour they will not charge 15 energy for any HOS you play, but if you want the spin afterwards they will charge the 2 energy.. So if you want to spin build up about 120 to 150 energy to get you through constant HOS plays which I figure about 60 (1 game per minute) in the hour, but then if you just go in and let the lightning blitz time out you can get through those in less then a minute..

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Jun 24, 14 8:53 AM
PS.. Not sure about this, but yesterday I would visit a neighbor, then check if the HOS was set to "free" because I was not sure the icon would change if the game was not refreshed.. Someone else might know better about this..

Donanjo
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Donanjo on Jun 24, 14 9:03 AM
Thanks. I am also on the east coast.

[Post New]by hair_teeth_iball on Jun 24, 14 9:19 AM
You might check the difference between Pacific Standard and Eastern Daylight Saving times. There may only be a two hour adjustment in the end. I've had things that were supposed to end, or start, at midnight PST actually start, or end, at about 1:30 my time (eastern).

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Jun 24, 14 9:31 AM
I am also east coast, New Hampshire.. Yesterdays free energy was a three hour time difference so today it should be 2pm to 3pm..

[Post New]by mywildirishrose on Jun 24, 14 9:41 AM
Keep in mind that PST and PDT are not the same. PDT is in the summer and allows for an extra hour of daylight for us in the west. I've seen them interchanged here on the forum so beware that you're using the correct one in your conversions as an error could mean that you miss out on the free energy.

Space_Monkey
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by Space_Monkey on Jun 24, 14 10:51 AM
I am on central time--and the free energy starts in 10 minutes at 1 pm

klfrr
Clownfish
Clownfish
807 Posts

[Post New]by klfrr on Jun 24, 14 12:28 PM
I posted a link for a worldwide countdown to the next happy hour event, but since it is an outside link, it is not allowed. If anyone would like it sent by private message, send me a PM.

I also posted it in several areas on FB.

More advice: When the time comes, start playing scenes. There will not be any indicator on your manor scene. In the chapter menus, you should see each unlocked scene say "free" instead of 15 energy. Also says that when you click on the magnifying glass for the current mode only.

Note: It still costs 2 energy points to spin the spinner.

Edited on 06/25/2014 at 9:17:32 AM PST

OneForMyBaby
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by OneForMyBaby on Jun 24, 14 12:33 PM
Thank you, kiffr, super idea. I'm afraid the moderator will remove the link, but I for once had time to write it down and use it. I am 9 hours ahead of BG time, so I rarely get the chance to use the happy hour, but your link makes it easier :-)

klfrr
Clownfish
Clownfish
807 Posts

[Post New]by klfrr on Jun 25, 14 9:28 AM
mywildirishrose has a good point regarding PST and PDT. It is quite confusing, but after studying up on the subject, I believe DM has it wrong on the announcement. All of the pacific time zone (my time zone) right now is in PDT (Pacific Daylight Time), not PST. PST is reserved for wintertime (when clocks are set back at hour). The second happy hour began at 11:00am PDT. So the next one, will be at 4;00pm PDT.

Edited on 06/25/2014 at 9:28:49 AM PST

Go to: