Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

No Upgrade Post Here But Got One On My GM

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Jun 24, 14 6:13 PM
I wonder if this is something new? There's been no announcement of this game's patch but my game manager informed there was a patch as soon I opened my GM.

I was told by CS last year that our the game managers only informed us of 'critical' updates but perhaps this has changed. I really hope this has been an oversight by the moderators as when there's been a lot of technical issues I often wait until there's been an announcement of a patch before downloading or buying & I'm sure I'm not the only person who does that

Kam

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

Re:No Upgrade Post Here But Got One On My GM

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 25, 14 1:26 AM
Yes, I've got it on my GM too.

I am some way through playing the game and have had no issues at all so far, so wonder what it is 'fixing'.

T57

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Jun 25, 14 2:26 AM
Well, I'd say the upgrade is to fix the problems people have been talking about in the Tech Issues thread.

I'm just intrigued that BF appears to have stopped announcing a patch on the forums; it's a great pity if they have

Kam

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jun 25, 14 12:52 PM
I, also, have finished the game, so unless this update has something
to do with the secret achievement" that no one has been able to
find, I won't be using it.

blueteal44
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by blueteal44 on Jun 28, 14 8:58 AM
I played the game with no probs a few days ago, so don't know why there is an update for this one.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Jun 28, 14 2:52 PM
A number of people complained about the bonus chapter so it might have been that. I'm guessing it was a 'critical' update as the GM announced the update.

It's very annoying that BF appears to have stopped announcing game updates. I wish a mod would confirm or deny that BF isn't announcing updates now.

K

bwake47
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by bwake47 on Jul 20, 14 8:23 AM
The SE has come out and if I have not already purchased the CE, I usually check reviews on both CE and SE before deciding if I want to even demo it or not. I don't like spending even an hour on a demo if I can spend it playing a game I like.

I also look at how many tech problems have been reported (don't always read the problems) and if there are A LOT of tech problems I next look to see if there has been a fix. If I don't see an update, then I don't bother to even demo the game.

It's fine if CS wants to notify those who have already purchased the game that there is an updated fix, but that should be in addition to posting it on site, not instead of.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Jul 21, 14 8:05 PM
I fully agree with you bwake47, it's one of the reasons I announced there'd been an upgrade so people who hadn't bought or downloaded the game would be aware that there had been a 'fix'.

Talking of 'fixes' my GM informed me today there is another patch for this game & yet again there is no announcement here *sigh*

Kam

Go to: