bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 26, 14 12:29 AM
From Blue Tea Games, creators of the acclaimed Dark Parables series, comes a brand-new parable for you to enjoy!

You’ve been called to the kingdom of Floralia to track down the source of a mysterious pollen spreading throughout the world. Rumor has it that Princess Rapunzel is somehow involved – the haunting melody she sings appears to summon the pollen… But how did the once-loved princess come to control such a deadly force? And who is the mysterious, shadowy figure always by her side? The secrets you uncover may be darker than you imagined in this exciting Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Re:Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel Collector's Edition

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jun 26, 14 4:15 AM
Is this very HOS-heavy?

I love HOS and don't mind a fair few, but I can't tolerate one every scene. Please tell me this isn't like that!

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jun 26, 14 4:21 AM
I am with catbag8717....please understand I do know it is an HO game, but...
This dev does a wonderful job on the graphics.
Thanks ahead of time to anyone that replies.
Ci

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 26, 14 8:34 AM
I suppose it is quite HOS heavy, by necessity as you have to 'create' most of the artefacts you need to unlock puzzles/doors etc through the fragmented objects you collect. No different really from the previous games, but if you don't like this type, then these games are not for you!

Hope that helps.

T57

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Jun 26, 14 8:56 AM
catbag8717 wrote:Is this very HOS-heavy?

I love HOS and don't mind a fair few, but I can't tolerate one every scene. Please tell me this isn't like that!
Give it a shot! You'll never know whether you like it if you don't try it.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jun 26, 14 12:27 PM
I am just speaking for me as I know many people like Dark Parable games. I think there is too much bling, too much color, too many gaudy things to look at and there is a Frag. hos almost every time you turn around. They were fun in the beginning but now for me they are becoming old hat. I know lots of folks like this game and I hope they enjoy and have fun with it, after all that's what games are for n'est pas?.

[Post New]by mattiehelen2002 on Jun 26, 14 12:40 PM
I am enjoying the comments about the Dark Parable games. You either like them or you don't. Initially, I did not like them. In fact, I hated them. Now I look forward to them and the challenge they bring. FROGs were driving me crazy, and now I cannot get enough of them. I buy every Dark Parable game sight unseen because I love the story lines and the FROGs. Guess I just love fairy tales!

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jun 28, 14 1:42 AM
Are the collectible parable thingies a CE exclusive or part of the game?

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 28, 14 2:01 AM
Catbags.....
I think their CE's are worth it....especially because there are stories in the Collectibles that are only available in the CE.

I also am a lover of ALL Blue Tea series because I think they are just gorgeous....
but, along with all the artistic eyecandy that makes this old art teacher start crooning in delight, I also like the depths they go to in their stories, how the stories DO relate to each other from game to game (although I also think you can play each game as a stand alone)......and, I love the twists that they put into the well known Fairy Tales I grew up reading.

Still friend, I would DO THE DEMO......because each person's tastes are different.

The games ARE very heavy in FROGs, to the point where I can get a bit tired of them, but I like the difference of playing the FROG games once in a while.....and to me, Blue Tea makes up for the heaviness of all the FROGS with some really great puzzles.

I haven't done the demo on this one because I am waiting for a better sale than they had when the game came out. Hopefully, that sale will be this weekend or next week, because I am longing to start playing it, and I know me.....if I like the demo, I won't want to wait....I will want to jump in, all four paws.....and rub myself all over in the game blinginess...because, very few cats can resist anything shiny!

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Jun 28, 14 4:43 PM
tookat wrote:Catbags.....
"....I will want to jump in, all four paws.....and rub myself all over in the game blinginess...because, very few cats can resist anything shiny!"

tookat,
have wondered b/4....
but now know 4 sure.....
we are of 'like mind'
50% Off, and your Post......
I'm now off to BUY!
=^,,^=
kat

[Post New]by linnbchsand82 on Jul 23, 14 3:50 PM
am stuck on page 39 don't know what is wrong - really frustrated here

[Post New]by daff88 on Jul 24, 14 3:59 AM
Hi,
I've played ballad of rapunzel 4 times now and I still can't find all the hidden objects...any chance you could tell me where you hid them all?

- daff

[Post New]by Nightengale7_pa on Aug 1, 14 7:19 PM
I am stuck on the sequence where you are to take the doll's eye from the lion's mouth, however there is no doll's eye in the mouth. Also was to take the lion on the right side of page but there is no lion there. Can't move on without doing these things. Please help!!!

[Post New]by Ismaro on Dec 9, 14 1:19 PM
Nightengale7, you've got the sequence backwards. First you take the available lion (I think it's just lying around somewhere uselessly) and put it on the right podium. That's what triggers the marble/doll's eye to roll into the left hand lion's mouth. Go for it!

Go to: