ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Key Rewards

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jun 26, 14 2:07 PM
Wondering what everyone is getting for the chests. Are we all getting the same few items? So far, it seems like I keep getting the same few rewards..

15-- building supplies
20-- didn't try
30-- orange sherbert and some kind of oyster or clam
50-- sunglasses

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

Key Rewards

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Jun 26, 14 4:37 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:Wondering what everyone is getting for the chests. Are we all getting the same few items? So far, it seems like I keep getting the same few rewards..

15-- building supplies
20-- didn't try
30-- orange sherbert and some kind of oyster or clam
50-- sunglasses

On the weekend, I tried the 50 key chest 4 times, I got 2 sunglasses and 2 cat's eye

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

Re:Key Rewards

[Post New]by april3850 on Jun 26, 14 5:04 PM
15= building supplies
20= resources (usually nets or magnifiers)
30 and 50= a variety of keepsakes and food

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Jun 26, 14 5:59 PM
I am only getting building supplies on 15, resources on 20 , food on 30 and keepsakes on 50.

Kept getting nets on 20 so stopped that one. I have too many resources as it is so don't do 15 and only ever got rose colored glasses on 50. Sticking with the 30 for the food. Can't remember which ones though. I know one of them is for 100 food another was for 200 and I think a few for 60 maybe. For me it is the best one .

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jun 26, 14 6:27 PM
I only went through the treasure chests once, figured there were people who needed the rewards more than me; one less hungry exclamation mark to feed

I agree with what you are getting with each of the chests by category. I got the Cat's Eye ring on chest 4.

Beckyd30
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Beckyd30 on Jun 26, 14 7:21 PM
How do I send keys to people?

GennaHart
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by GennaHart on Jun 26, 14 7:23 PM
Beckyd30 wrote:How do I send keys to people?

Just go to friends and anyone with a red exclamation point, hit the key to send help./

Beckyd30
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Beckyd30 on Jun 26, 14 7:30 PM
GennaHart wrote:
Beckyd30 wrote:How do I send keys to people?

Just go to friends and anyone with a red exclamation point, hit the key to send help./

Thank you so much.

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Jun 27, 14 4:44 PM
Based on the key rewards list shown above, I have mainly been giving the keys to folks that haven't yet reached level 40 in the game. I remember how valuable a little food or keepsakes became while there were still mini-games to unlock by reaching certain levels or upgrading some building to receive a reward.

Sometimes there are less than 5 people under level 40 in the friends list, so they each get two

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jun 27, 14 4:48 PM
Yes I agree that it is nice to help out those who are at an earlier stage, to encourage them to keep playing and work their way up.....

Sweetg12651
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by Sweetg12651 on Jun 27, 14 5:14 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote:I only went through the treasure chests once, figured there were people who needed the rewards more than me; one less hungry exclamation mark to feed

I agree with what you are getting with each of the chests by category. I got the Cat's Eye ring on chest 4.

Me too, Oddly - went through them all once and decided it wasn't worth it to me to have my Friends waste a key on me. Would rather see the keys go to the newbies who really need those gifts. I do get a kick out of giving keys away to others. This is one of my favorite parts of the update.

jbmf_06
Clownfish
Clownfish
712 Posts

[Post New]by jbmf_06 on Jun 27, 14 5:18 PM
50- gold Did anyone else gold with the 50

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 27, 14 5:50 PM
jbmf_06 wrote:50- gold Did anyone else gold with the 50

No, but I sure hope I do. Wouldn't mind getting gold as my weekly present either instead of yet more building supplies.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jun 27, 14 8:44 PM
Apparently people don't know to go collect their treasure chests - if one does not collect the reward you are stopped from being able to accept more keys.

Wondering why you aren't getting keys and you requested them?

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jun 28, 14 4:03 AM
In the first chest yesterday I got one can of paint. Hardly worth it... But it is fun giving keys to people! (And I try to send a "thank you" message to folks who help me.)

pam825
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by pam825 on Jun 28, 14 7:05 AM
I never see a request for keys or the chests. When I bring up the friends list I see where others request keys, but yet I don't see where I can. Any suggestions? I'm stumped.

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Jun 28, 14 7:22 AM
pam825, if you open the "Gifts" tab under "Achievements", you will see four treasure chests. Depending on what you've done with your Storage Building, you can REQUEST the keys here. If one of these chests says CLAIM and it's full, get your reward and you can get another one going by using REQUEST.

The Storage Building is the one in Dinhammer Alley beside the museum.

Go to: