Alikatt8
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

Nasty Mean Quests - where are the drops

[Post New]by Alikatt8 on Jun 26, 14 11:49 PM
I used to nearly play on/off all day. Now I play one scene and quit.
I NEVER get any drops (tea, feather ie the latest quest) WHAT IS THE POINT?

Dark Manor is much kinder to its players.

Grrrrrrr Not Happy - its such a lovely game and its a pain to play it now, I just get cranky

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

Re:Nasty Mean Quests - where are the drops

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jun 27, 14 3:39 AM
Nasty and mean, right you are. Unkind to players...also right you are. I too have gone to another game, and have one foot out the door here. Let's see if Big Fish and Boom Zap will do anything about it. If they want to keep the players in Awakening Kingdoms, they will. If they want to lose everyone, they will keep up the current shenanigans.

CindyDean
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by CindyDean on Jun 27, 14 8:09 AM
I am working on the moon tea quest. It took 13 visits to get one. This is going to take forever. I got 5 more to go. Geeze!

Seppi19
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Seppi19 on Jun 27, 14 9:36 AM
Maybe they can take a hint from their other game and make the pet or a pet's outfit increase the odds of a drop. The cat in the other BZ game allows for a drop each time the minigame is played.

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

Nasty Mean Quests - where are the drops

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Jun 27, 14 12:47 PM
Alikatt8 wrote:I used to nearly play on/off all day. Now I play one scene and quit.
I NEVER get any drops (tea, feather ie the latest quest) WHAT IS THE POINT?

Dark Manor is much kinder to its players.

Grrrrrrr Not Happy - its such a lovely game and its a pain to play it now, I just get cranky

Me either, now I only play once a day to get the log in bonus and do a few quests which get me not one thing I need. I I always play the boat to get a few fungus tiles to play there.
And after logging in I am done and back out within 5 mins. Too bad this game has the most beautiful graphics and music.

Midnight Castle is the other game I have gone to, I can play all day there.

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on Jun 28, 14 4:56 PM
I finished one request for tea, took 2 weeks to get through. Did another, and am back to needing more tea. I may never drink tea again in my life.

JanRG
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by JanRG on Jul 1, 14 2:31 PM
What level are you all on with this tea problem? I'm on L37 and not much is going on quest wise. Not sure how to prepare for the "nasty" any advice?

JanRG
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by JanRG on Jul 1, 14 2:38 PM
DivaDoodle,

Midnight Castle had huge problems don't know what level you are on. At one time everyone was about ready to walk away. On the L 23 plus to about 26 was an absolute nightmare. Dev's made some changes in the quests, now it takes so many coins to play unless your willing just to go to HOS for days at a time to build up. Good luck.

DianaEG
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by DianaEG on Jul 1, 14 2:46 PM
Moon fountain tea might get a little cheaper in the auction with the new update because it is also available from one of the new HOS. It's a strange one though, because there are two alternating sets of items for that scene.

derbyteam
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by derbyteam on Jul 1, 14 3:51 PM
Here is some advice do not sell items that are hard to get even if you need the money or not, I did and had to play forever to get the swords back in one of the give this quest, and that was to get enough money to buy the feathers for 25,000 each so go slow and don't sell because you may need them later.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Jul 1, 14 4:18 PM
Good advice! I used to routinely sell pink moon flowers -- Not since we had the quests that wanted so darn many of them!

Also, some items only drop in one mode so you might have to play all of them to get one. The tea was the worst for me.

KKim
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by KKim on Jul 2, 14 1:47 AM
Yes. I am L56 Finally finished the Tea (I hope) but can Not get The Unicorn Feathers, I have 6 which took like forever, Yes it is long and costly and I need 6 more . I bought one for a "so-so" price and thought why buy anything? Next quest may just be the same and the one after that, and ect. For me the money is hard to hold on to with up gardes and stuff, The other day I noticed a small bid on something and A bidder bid $250,000. Yup. Now I Just want to know why something like that dosen't happen to me (lol). Must of been a real family member. Take Care and Happy Gaming. Kimtoo.

bettymil4216
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by bettymil4216 on Jul 2, 14 10:35 AM
I have played the same scene 52 times and still don't have enough feathers to finish the quest. Enough is Enough. DONE and GONE!!!!!

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jul 2, 14 11:07 AM
This is all very disappointing to hear, especially if you are still having issues after the update.

I've already completed those quests (not easy nor fun by any stretch of the imagination). However, seeing that BZ acknowledged that they understood the player problems with those quests, I would have thought they'd include increasing drop rates in the update..

This makes no sense! Are they trying to drive away players?

In Midnight Castle, they had a similar update riot and they reworked those issues so that players arriving on those levels never had to experience what those who finished endured.

This is bewildering.. I just don't get it.

[Post New]by donnarooty on Jul 6, 14 6:33 PM
okay. i'm done with this game. Thanks for the heads up about midnight castle. I'll give that a whirl. But NOT if it is BoomZIp. I am boycotting their games. The definition of a game is to escape from the daily grind at work and enjoy some relaxation. This game is NOT giving me a relaxing escape from my daily stresses. I'm outta here BZ and you know what you can do with your "game", and I use that word lightly here.

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Jul 7, 14 2:58 AM
I use to love this game too and really looked forward to playing it but not anymore, the quests have gotten boring and repetative, I have had enough of it but dont agree about midnight manor too many quests send to you to the same place for an item so you have to wait and wait

[Post New]by bnf1496 on Jul 8, 14 3:19 PM
I agree, the first few levels of this game deceive players with easy level ups and quick drops. Now I am equally frustrated as many others with the lack of drops. The hopelessness of playing a scene several times to get one, as well with no guarantee it ends there. It is a blur of the same scene with the same objects not able to make much progress.
I admit the storyline and milestones ie. restoring castle and getting in goblin door are interesting but I am constantly stuck on finding large quantities of rare and apparently nonexistent items once they are necessary.
I for one prefer a game I do not get through immediately but I have been playing this game for MONTHS! Invested from this long but now stuck all the more bored. I find between the energy bar, several locations, as well within that buildings and map scenes to unlock, the attempt to delay finishing the game for players has killed hope of enjoying it again.
I like many others are fed up, items should at least drop consistently one minimum of a needed item or risk losing a critical number of players.

Edited on 08/23/2014 at 12:39:46 PM PST

[Post New]by DaisyMaeDriver on Jul 8, 14 4:38 PM
Okay I'm going to say this one more time.

QUESTING TOKEN When a character gives you a quest they also provide a token which goes to whichever HO scene and stays. It FORCES the required item to drop at the very least every other trip to the location then expires to what we have now in non questing situations....

Seppi19
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Seppi19 on Jul 8, 14 6:09 PM
There is a side effect to the strategy the developers are using (i.e. requesting high numbers of the most scarce items to complete quests) that also impacts the enjoyment of the game for me.

Early in the game I would build up and cash in collections for the resources they provided. It was another strategy of playing the game that made it fun. Since there are so many collections, I have to believe that was the original intent especially since the other BZ game works that way.

However almost every collection has a rare item that I might need so I no longer turn in collections for the reward. The thought of going back to the same scene 20 times to win the one item back outweighs the benefit of taking the collection reward.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jul 9, 14 7:32 AM
Seppi19 wrote:There is a side effect to the strategy the developers are using (i.e. requesting high numbers of the most scarce items to complete quests) that also impacts the enjoyment of the game for me.

Early in the game I would build up and cash in collections for the resources they provided. It was another strategy of playing the game that made it fun. Since there are so many collections, I have to believe that was the original intent especially since the other BZ game works that way.

However almost every collection has a rare item that I might need so I no longer turn in collections for the reward. The thought of going back to the same scene 20 times to win the one item back outweighs the benefit of taking the collection reward.

Seppi19, I agree with you completely. I think the game is becoming something that at the start was never intended in order to keep it "free to play" which is a misnomer, because with every update, you are being forced closer to the bank whether you like it or not. But the side effects of the strategy chosen to severely diminish drop rates, is driving players away, and continually frustrating those who try to stay whether they make bank purchases or not. Bank purchase may give you coin and crystals, but do nothing to help the drop rates. I too am terrified of cashing in my collections. And Heaven help us if we have a timed quest given the current practically non-existent drop rates for SO many items...

Go to: