bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

The Map

[Post New]by bribling on Jun 27, 14 5:54 AM
Is anyone else having trouble with the Map? It seems to be "backwards". What is North on the map seems to be South in the game though E and W seem to match. Maybe it's just me. I get lost. I had a terrible time in the Demo trying to get where I needed to be. There is one spot on the map that shows two parallel trails "West" but in the game there seems to be only one way West. I did get to both locations but I keep forgetting how I did it and struggle every time I get to that spot on the map. I also could not click on a location and get there, I had to "walk" there which made the Map more frustrating. It may just be me but it would be comforting to know that I am not the only confused traveler - Lol!

As usual, I love the game!

JoFin
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:The Map

[Post New]by JoFin on Jun 27, 14 7:08 AM
From other posts, I understand this is NOT a JUMP map, like we have become accustomed to having. Just like you, I get turned around but, I usually go one scene and then recheck the map to make sure I'm going the right way. This map just makes us work harder and sometimes takes away the flow. So, please know, you are not alone. Happy gaming.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jun 27, 14 4:47 PM
It definitely isn't a jump map, and I also kept getting confused when I had to move to another location. I prefer to have a jump map so when I find an object, I can choose to "fly" there or "walk" there.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jun 28, 14 2:29 AM
Thanks. I also prefer a Jump Map but don't mind this kind if it makes sense and I can follow it but I am finding it very difficult to follow and am now making my own map. Very disappointing as otherwise this game is very good. Map frustration does get in the way of enjoyment. I hope the Devs are reading this.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jun 28, 14 3:25 AM
No, Blue Tea does a lot right, but adding jump capabilities to the map would be a huge improvement.....
whether they read the forums is anyone's guess.....but we can always find their fb page or their website addy and write them.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jun 30, 14 9:51 PM
They are easy to find at Facebook!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jul 1, 14 8:18 PM
Thanks Brilbling....
I am going to find them on FB, tell them how much I love their games, except that I feel the Map needs to be made jumpable and that each game should have a reset button.

I will especially tell them what I dislike in the SGs.
I like the Bling, but if the SG is not going to help solve a HOP or a puzzle, why spend the extra money on it?

Maybe if enough of us write them directly, we will get some action on our wants....
including suggestions for storylines.

Edited on 07/01/2014 at 8:20:47 PM PST

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Jul 2, 14 12:56 AM
I like a jump map too, but if you put your cursor on a spot on the map, it opens up and shows you where you need to do something. It doesn't take you there, but makes it easier to find.

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jul 2, 14 2:35 AM
Yes, the Dark Parables maps are tricky to get used to as there is no NSEW logic.

I tend to move, check, move again, opening up the map to ensure I am going in the right direction. Time-consuming, but works for me!

At least there is a map now. Played Briar Rose again yesterday and, with no map, was really going around in circles!

T57

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jul 4, 14 5:35 AM
I am relieved to find that I am not alone in my confusion about compass directions for the map. I was embarrassed to think that I must be so inept that I could not understand this "simple" map. I eventually adapted to the "backwards" positioning of the map versus what seemed to be actual locations. In addition to the fact that it is not an interactive (jump) map is a bit "off-putting" for me. This has put the game on my "Maybe if there is nothing else and there is a great sale" list.

Go to: