Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by Housen on Jun 27, 14 1:17 PM
I not sure where to post this, but for the last two days when I've logged in to play I have noticed some strange things. I think someone else is accessing my game. Today when I logged in to play, my avatar had been changed as well as my screen name. and a player friend had been added that I did not know. This only started after the last pc update for the game. Is this a glitch with the game? Has anyone else experienced this?

 
HotLily
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by HotLily on Jun 27, 14 1:19 PM
Hmmm, this is strange! Your best bet is to contact BF and let them know what's happening.
I hope you get it sorted soon.

Freya

 
kahlan11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
466 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by kahlan11 on Jun 27, 14 2:26 PM
Actually if you check back a few pages in this forum I think it did happen to someone else unfortunaley.

 
salsaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by salsaz on Jun 28, 14 1:43 AM
It happened to me and someone else. Big fish didn't do anything, just told me to delete the game, which the last time I did that it lost everything and I had to start from the beginning. The other person is still there and playing under the code I set up. Annoying. How they did it I don't know.

Luckily I already had another game but I lost over 1,000 gold and 2 pages of inventory that I had in the stolen game. Was a couple of months now so not worried about it. Have also stopped playing anyway since they have made the game really stupid since the last update.

Edited on 06/28/2014 at 1:45:32 AM PST


 
thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jun 28, 14 3:42 AM
It might be useful to change your password for the BFG site. Since that is what we use to sign into the site and the Game App (Game Manager), it might prevent someone else from getting into your account or games. Just be certain to select a more secure password, maybe one with both letters and numbers or symbols. It won't get your game back, but it might prevent this in the future.

 
Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 28, 14 4:46 AM
I think that I would have had a little fun first. I would sell the brown stamps and airship stuff and any eggs. Change the avatar again.

I can not see how this would happen accidentally. A person can not start playing with progress on the game and think that's how the game starts out. They have to know that they've hacked your game.

Well, maybe I would not sell all that stuff. Maybe I would invite 100 people to the game and give away my items. Basically be an imp

 
rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jun 28, 14 7:26 AM
Amerzone,
The benefit of selling the items is that you can do it quickly. If you invite friends you're stuck with only getting rid of 5 a day . (I did NOT just say that!)

 
guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jun 28, 14 8:11 AM
rosiebvt wrote:Amerzone,
The benefit of selling the items is that you can do it quickly. If you invite friends you're stuck with only getting rid of 5 a day . (I did NOT just say that!)



I would go with selling the items and then have a blow out on the wheel in the hope of getting all the wands and balls

 
Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 28, 14 8:28 AM
Oh yeah!! I didn't think about spinning the wheel. What a blast that would be, especially if there were an egg on it.

I'm sitting here thinking about how many eggs I could come up with...what a lovely thought

 
guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jun 28, 14 8:46 AM
Amerzone wrote:Oh yeah!! I didn't think about spinning the wheel. What a blast that would be, especially if there were an egg on it.

I'm sitting here thinking about how many eggs I could come up with...what a lovely thought


I have a Panda egg on my wheel at the moment, i've gone as far 1,400 per spin and still can't win it and really don't intend spending any more for crystal balls, plain stamps and wands, but it is sooo tempting

 
Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 28, 14 10:16 AM
I learned long ago to not 'go for it' unless I intend to risk it all to try and win the item. The most I've ever spun was 1600 and I won the item on that spin. In the long run it was not worth it, lol.

 
bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jun 28, 14 10:22 AM
Hey Housen,

That is very strange indeed! I definitely recommend contacting our Customer Support Team with your Player ID using the link below. One of our Reps would be happy to look into that and provide some advice on how to move forward.

Contact Us

I hope this gets resolved quickly!

bfgWendwater

 
newmangame
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by newmangame on Jun 28, 14 11:13 AM
You may want to use another credit card also after this problem happened. They may be able to get your info.

Edited on 06/28/2014 at 11:20:00 AM PST


 
Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 2, 14 9:40 AM
Well, I sent in a support ticket, and got a reply that the Midnight Castle team in running way behind replying to individual support tickets. Makes me wonder if there is a larger issue with the game going on that they aren't telling us about.

 
Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jul 2, 14 10:31 AM
My ticket took a week for a reply but the great members here helped me fix my issue the day it happened.

 

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on Jul 2, 14 12:55 PM
I would like to know if there is a hacker in the game. If they read all the post ..like Eggs for trade/gift or other pricey items, can they get into any ones game and steal these things??? Just a question!! After all it now has been posted for at least 3 different players. Maybe it has happened to others that do not keep an inventory of what they have.

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 2, 14 7:02 PM
Has your social code changed?

If so, It sound like the server's data base needs to be rekeyed. Whatever the game puts on your computer to match up with what's on the server to link you to your game info has gone wonky.

It's not that somebody hacked your game and did all sorts of stuff with your inventory, it's a case of you being linked up to somebody else's game.

 
Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 3, 14 10:21 AM
TiramaSue wrote:Has your social code changed?

If so, It sound like the server's data base needs to be rekeyed. Whatever the game puts on your computer to match up with what's on the server to link you to your game info has gone wonky.

It's not that somebody hacked your game and did all sorts of stuff with your inventory, it's a case of you being linked up to somebody else's game.


I never paid attention to the code before all this, wish I had. I think you may be on to something here. When I log in, the player name listed is "H", mine should be "Lady Housen". At this point, I don't know if he's in my game, or if I'm in his. Wish I knew how to fix this.

 

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jul 3, 14 10:43 AM
This is a scary issue to me and should be addressed immediately by BF. Everyone should be assured their site is safe and no one's game identity should be vulnerable. Wherever the problem lies, immediate action should be taken.

 
TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Re:Someone else accessing my game.

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 3, 14 12:49 PM
Housen wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:Has your social code changed?

If so, It sound like the server's data base needs to be rekeyed. Whatever the game puts on your computer to match up with what's on the server to link you to your game info has gone wonky.

It's not that somebody hacked your game and did all sorts of stuff with your inventory, it's a case of you being linked up to somebody else's game.


I never paid attention to the code before all this, wish I had. I think you may be on to something here. When I log in, the player name listed is "H", mine should be "Lady Housen". At this point, I don't know if he's in my game, or if I'm in his. Wish I knew how to fix this.


What about the friend list? Do you recognize the people on it? Is there anybody in the forum who is/was on your list who can check what your social code is?

 
 
 
 
Go to: