Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Possible Broken Statue Fix?

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 27, 14 9:18 PM
I have tried 2 times now to play the Broken Statue while in windowed mode and was able to play both times.

Could some of you try it and see if it works for you too? It's not fun playing it that way but until they fix the 'empty HOS scene' issue maybe this will work.

(to play in window mode uncheck the 'full screen' radio button in the exit popup)

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

Re:Possible Broken Statue Fix?

[Post New]by birdie5 on Jun 27, 14 9:33 PM
Amerzone - it just worked for me, thank you.

On my PC using Alt+Enter will also put it in window mode and the same keys will reverse it back to full screen.

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jun 28, 14 2:10 AM
I've just played the scene 'first time' I don't want to speak too soon, but I think they may have actually fixed the problem, Yay

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Jun 28, 14 2:19 AM
I just tried in Windowed Mode but no list for me

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jun 28, 14 2:25 AM
FudgeChi wrote:I just tried in Windowed Mode but no list for me

Oh nooooo, I hope I haven't spoken too soon

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Jun 28, 14 2:27 AM
I think you may have. Just tried 5 times now and still no list!!

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 28, 14 4:25 AM
Oh gosh, I was hoping that I found a way to play this scene. I just tried it and it worked for me again. So sorry FudgeChi

Birdie, thanks for the keys info. I did not know that. Much easier than using the mouse and menu.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jun 28, 14 7:30 AM
I wonder if it makes a difference for when you change to windowed mode? Obviously you need to do it before you enter the HOS,. Going windowed before you get into any HOS when you bring your game up might work better than changing when you're already into the game? Just a thought, I very rarely have any problems with lists.

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jun 28, 14 8:08 AM
rosiebvt wrote:I wonder if it makes a difference for when you change to windowed mode? Obviously you need to do it before you enter the HOS,. Going windowed before you get into any HOS when you bring your game up might work better than changing when you're already into the game? Just a thought, I very rarely have any problems with lists.

I definitely spoke too soon, I entered the HOS 3 times without a hint of a glitch, after my last two attempts i've stopped trying again

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jun 28, 14 8:34 AM
Yep, definitely not a fix but I'm having much better luck than before. I could not get that HOP to have a list for 3 days. I then went to windowed mode and got in 3 times in a row.

I then played the Tree of Knowledge in full screen mode and it came up empty. That hasn't happened since the Broken Statue stopped working. Makes me feel like the empty scenes are on purpose. It's like my game insists on having an empty scene at least once a round.

I just started the game again and tried the Broken Statue first, in windowed mode and it did not work. Tried it again and it did not work. So I played a different HOS first then the BS and it worked.

I rarely had empty scene issues before the last update. Now I'm plagued by them.

memagirl
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by memagirl on Jun 28, 14 4:07 PM
I have played the broken statue 6 times out of 7 .
This is what I do when i go to that area i collect all the flowers then play the pound , wait for weeping girl to lower her head and when she looks up again click on broken statue and hold down on moust button count to3 then let up.

found that it easer than anyother way.

memagirl
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by memagirl on Jun 29, 14 1:06 AM
memagirl wrote:I have played the broken statue 6 times out of 7 .
This is what I do when i go to that area i collect all the flowers then play the pound , wait for weeping girl to lower her head and when she looks up again click on broken statue and hold down on moust button count to3 then let up.

found that it easer than anyother way.

Right after I wrote this I tryed to do the broken statue again 5 times no luck at all no list maybe I jinked it If no update is in on the way I wish they would fix this problem !!!!!!

Armerige
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Armerige on Jun 29, 14 2:29 PM
Tried the windowed mode after 11 straight times of no list. It's a no-go for me too.
Just added my name to the Broken Statue petition fix post.

Thanks anyway, it was worth a try,

Scherry

Hildeguard
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Hildeguard on Jun 30, 14 1:58 AM
If you remember in June when so many were maxed waiting on the next update, the game froze, things didn't work and lists were missing. I think this may be happening again. I am on level 25 and opened the statue. I have not had any trouble with it at all. The list comes up every time.

Go to: