Please post your TECH ISSUES for Fright Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jun 28, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 06/28/2014 at 9:15:54 AM PST

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Fright Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by jaylake on Jun 28, 14 1:51 AM
I have purchased the game yet can only download the demo version. Am I alone?

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jun 28, 14 2:08 AM
I went to purchase the game after playing 30 mins of the demo, but BFG manager stopped responding. Now the game has completely gone...in a puff vanished?
How can that happen? No trace of it anywhere. I'm d/l again which takes 90 minutes for 1.2GB...sigh

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Jun 28, 14 2:10 AM
Sorry to hear your probs. For some reason game is now downloading, hopefully all will be well but what you note does not inspire me with confidence

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jun 28, 14 3:48 AM
Sometimes there's a glitch in the voice-overs. The text appears and the lips move, but no sound comes out.

[Post New]by starplayer22 on Jun 28, 14 4:13 AM
Downloaded the game but went to play and Error Access violation at 0x773CF9DD (tried to write to 0x00090FE8) program terninated appears?
Have I paid for yet another game that does'nt play?

mawhiteing
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by mawhiteing on Jun 28, 14 5:16 AM
Has anyone else had a problem with the scene where the Bus driver is on the ground offering you the Badge and once you take the badge, the game will not allow you to exit out of the close up? I managed to find a way out of the scene so I could use the badge and continue further into the game, but when I returned to the bus to help the driver...He was still Offering me the badge (even though I had already taken and used it) and I still couldn't get the inset to close.

[Post New]by dolilikestoplay on Jun 28, 14 5:23 AM
catbag8717 wrote:Sometimes there's a glitch in the voice-overs. The text appears and the lips move, but no sound comes out.

same problem here!

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Jun 28, 14 6:12 AM
Hm, I did the beta some time ago, then it ran smoothly. Now it runs as lame as a snail and I get the impression it will crash down any moment - so no fun!

Installing and reinstalling? I did that already. In the very first try my profile became corrupted, now in the second this slowness nearly makes every move impossible. The other games of this dev (nightmare realm) are running fine on this computer. So what ????

Perhaps an update is needed? Or is there anyone who can play the game without any problems?

an unhappy fishie

kboozer
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by kboozer on Jun 28, 14 6:30 AM
I didn't know where to put my reply....so here goes...this game is sooooo slow, making it impossible to play. I am so disappointed. I was hoping for a great game and got something entirely different.
I can't believe BF expects us to pay the prices they ask for this. This game needs to go back to the drawing board. I hope there's a fix on the way.

SuzyF
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by SuzyF on Jun 28, 14 6:34 AM
Having the same problem with the cut scenes and character interactions. Conversations are faster than the video scenes and twice I could not exit out of the inset. This game looks like it would be fantastic if not for the insanely slow lag times and cumbersome movement (I'm using the system cursor option but that's not even helping!). Just wondering if the developer hasn't over shot the capability of most computers system requirements to run the game smoothly. The game motion is choppy and makes me feel like I'm treading through quicksand! Frustrating because it looks awesome.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 28, 14 6:36 AM
rainworm wrote: Perhaps an update is needed? Or is there anyone who can play the game without any problems?

Sorry to see you and others are having problems, but to answer your question: Yes. I didn't have any problems in the demo with the game being slow (I only noticed what someone else mentioned: that the hotel manager's voice stops during his first appearance).

It might show a pattern for this problem, if y'all posted your system specs.

no problem in demo with:
Desktop PC - Win 7 Professional (Service Pack 1) 64 Bit, NVidia GeForce GTX 670

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jun 28, 14 6:42 AM
The voices only worked at the very beginning of the game. I'd say first maybe 20 conversations at the most. In the bonus game they are really messed up with the text box not even appearing and other sounds continuing to play after they should stop (fire hydrant sound after hose turned off).

[Post New]by Goldenlady1269 on Jun 28, 14 7:04 AM
Finished the main game and it says I have unlocked the bonus content but there isn't any place on the main screen to open it.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 28, 14 7:07 AM
Goldenlady1269 wrote:Finished the main game and it says I have unlocked the bonus content but there isn't any place on the main screen to open it.

hi Goldenlady,
from the main menu, go to the Gift Shop. The Extras - incl. the "Extra Episode" - are behind the door there.

BFGMCFFAN
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by BFGMCFFAN on Jun 28, 14 7:24 AM
Finished the main game. Only a few conversations worked with voice overs. I would say 20 % worked, 80 % were just text and moving lips.
Also there's a bug with the inventory. Even if it's unlocked it won't go down.

Could have been a good game, but not with this bugs in it.

[Post New]by kanziggirl813 on Jun 28, 14 7:26 AM
I have downloaded the demo 2 times now. The game will not engage. The Big Fish screen comes up but nothing else. Longtime customer have never had this happen before.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jun 28, 14 8:00 AM
Voices do *not* work 80% of time for me either, & few times they do work, lip synch is waaaay off.
(Seriously disappointing as except the no-voice-audio nonsense, this excellent adventure runs very smooth & fast for me.)

i7-920, Win7U-64-bit (Service Pack1),NVidia GForce BFG GTX285,12g ram, all SAs & drivers uptodate AFAIK.

<Playing bought full-version of game.>

Edited on 06/28/2014 at 8:05:11 AM PST

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jun 28, 14 8:05 AM
Poodlebear wrote:The voices only worked at the very beginning of the game. I'd say first maybe 20 conversations at the most. In the bonus game they are really messed up with the text box not even appearing and other sounds continuing to play after they should stop (fire hydrant sound after hose turned off).

You're right about the characters voices. 20 min into the game, all audio conversation stops functioning. After that, players will have to rely on written text only. Wont bother with the bonus game till BF fixes the audio; hopefully before their, July 4th, long weekend!

Mac OS X Mavericks. No lagging or slowness on my system!

x 5.

Edited on 06/28/2014 at 9:49:23 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jun 28, 14 8:15 AM
dolilikestoplay wrote:
catbag8717 wrote:Sometimes there's a glitch in the voice-overs. The text appears and the lips move, but no sound comes out.

same problem here!

Same problem here also. Also having a problem with the inventory not going down even in unlock position.

Edited on 06/28/2014 at 8:17:01 AM PST

Go to: