Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

no new build update!

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Jun 28, 14 8:26 PM
No new build/update showed up for this game automatically or manually. I uninstalled and reinstalled to see if that would get the new build, instead it had "failed to load profile". Thus I am forced to start the game over. Whether it then plays thru to the end or it gets stuck again, I will post here.
May be awhile as I'm so disgusted by lack of BFG support and making sure the new build would load where we got stuck instead of forcing me to start over!
Moderator should let tech support, CS and everyone else at BFG know, the new build is not available in update via game manager.

Per my conversation w/ CS: It seems that in order for the fixes to take place, a new player profile must be created and the game needs to start from the beginning again. I'm so sorry, but I'm not able to provide a direct link to the new build for Chronicles of the Witches and Warlocks. Our system can only provide the game update through the Big Fish Games app and it is automatically added to any downloads of the game that occur after the update has been released (so uninstalling and then reinstalling the game definitely installed the most up-to-date version of the game).

I know in other games where patches/fixes had to be issued for game w/ glitch, I didn't have to start over but apparently this time we do.

Edited on 07/01/2014 at 9:38:33 PM PST

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

Re:no new build update!

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jun 29, 14 6:17 AM
I didn't get the new build either. There is a part of me however that really doesn't blame Big Fish and what I mean here is: Oh not just this game but all the games on here if people would quit being so quick to rate a game 4 and especially 5 stars based on the demo of course well I honestly think these tech issues would be cut down quite a bit. Also not just the main page but I see this same thing in the forum here. All of these over the moon ratings on these games based on incomplete game play. Would there still be some? Of course nothing is perfect but I think they would be far less. In other words rate these games more honestly instead of just trying to be front and center here in the forum and especially the main page.

Just saying!

Edited on 06/29/2014 at 6:20:24 AM PST

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 29, 14 9:03 AM
Regarding the issues of the most recent games, this is the first I have bought that has a technical issue which has stalled my playing of the game.

I am reinstalling it as I type this but have had no notification via my GM that an update is available.

T57

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Jun 29, 14 12:10 PM
I tried for a 3rd time to restart this game. Same issues, and NO update - auto or manual. In HELP section there is a photo of the game manager with menu on left side, of which one shows UPDATES. Well I ask BFG - "where is the UPDATES on our game managers??? Time to get your act together!

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Jun 30, 14 2:07 PM
Me too... see no new upated in my game manager. I'm afraid to start over again and get stuck AGAIN.

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Jul 1, 14 6:34 AM
Stuck for the second time! Will not be trying a third time. No new build in my GM either.

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Jul 3, 14 5:56 PM
Where is the new build update

chooky35
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by chooky35 on Jul 5, 14 9:54 PM
I manually checked for updates and got the message "no new updates" so no assistance for me either

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Jul 10, 14 4:50 PM
just keep posting NO BUILD UPDATES _ keep taking our money - and NO GAMES

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Jul 12, 14 12:20 AM
I supposedly downloaded the new build of game but guess what, now it breaks down even sooner! I'm barely into the cabaret scene and hint has broken; have pliers, decorative item and part of a poster. Cannot get anywhere as don't have key for car trunk, sewing machine door opener parts, cash register key as it's down the manhole I can't reach for it and no slingshot to get purse down from wire overhead. won't let me go anywhere else so off to request a refund.

Go to: