Please post your TECH ISSUES for Awakening: The Redleaf Forest here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jun 29, 14 12:35 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 06/29/2014 at 8:29:35 AM PST

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Awakening: The Redleaf Forest here

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Jun 29, 14 7:08 AM
Well I've had no real gameplay issues yet, but I did get a message at the beginning of the game that my computer does not meet the game system requirements and my graphics might be effected. So I went back to the download page and looked at the requirements. This is a brand new computer (bought it last week in fact) and I not only meet but exceed the requirements. So what's up with the message?

Edited on 06/29/2014 at 7:09:15 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jun 29, 14 8:29 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mlc9 on Jun 29, 14 1:14 PM
The game keeps reverting to my desktop view when I try to get the branch from inventory or when I click on certain objects in the first scene. I keep opening up the game window to try to play again but I cannot do anything - keeps booting me out!

leigh8478
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Unable to revert to full screen on Mac

[Post New]by leigh8478 on Jul 2, 14 6:19 PM
Hi,

The game played perfectly in the trial version but the purchased version reverts to a windowed mode that isn't playable (cursor is no longer calibrated to the screen, areas unclickable, etc.)

I have deleted and reinstalled the game and changed the settings on my monitor, but no joy. I'm on a Macbook Pro with a 17" screen, with everything updated.

Help?

Game logic miscues

[Post New]by mharrsch on Jul 22, 14 10:25 AM
Despite my previous experience as an "intermediate" player, I found some of the scenarios in "Awakening: The Red Leaf Forest" misleading. I was attempting to complete the beta survey and found it very disconcerting that the hint button kept pointing at a casket but when I clicked on the casket it kept telling me I didn't have enough information to decode the lock. I did have a mace in inventory but the weapons rack in the same room had an outline of a hatchet on it - not a mace.

I actually submitted a trouble report because I didn't realize there was already a blog walkthru for Awakening: The Red Leaf Forest. When I checked the walkthru, it indicated I needed to complete the weapons set on the rack by placing the mace on the rack then rearranging the weapons into their proper position to get the code needed for the casket. What confused me was most times when an object is missing, the shape of the space indicates what you are looking for. The shape in the space on the rack was a hatchet not a mace. Logically, the rack contained weapons and I should have realized the mace was the missing weapon but the shape of the missing item was very misleading especially considering all of the games I have played where the shape provides the clue to the missing item. I suggested to Big Fish that the shapes not appear until the mace is placed in the rack. This should be easy to do using the coordinates of the mace as the trigger event. I submitted this suggestion in my final game survey submission.

I also pointed out the problem with gender differences in interpretation that sometimes result in game miscues. I found a spindle as an inventory item. As a female I associated the spindle with a spinning wheel not as an object that would be sturdy enough to use with a rope to rappel across the river.

Rambara
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Rambara on Oct 16, 14 10:26 PM
I have very little control over the cursor. It floats around and jumps across the page. What in the world is wrong?

Go to: