catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

CE or SE?

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jun 29, 14 1:14 AM
Routine post!

What did you pick? Why? What would you recommend to others?

I personally hate this game series, so I'm steering clear of this one and won't bother to trial it.

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

Re:CE or SE?

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 29, 14 1:53 AM
I have them all and when I bought the CE of this, I played them all through again.

I do like the series so got the CE and really enjoyed it. The story is complete at the end of the main game and the Bonus could be viewed as a bit childish, but does reference many of the previous games.

Here's an extract from my CE review:

Puzzles crop up in unexpected places and in unique ways.
HOSs are awesome! Don't be fooled that they just look like word list or silhouettes!
CE stuff:
* 8 achievements, but really good ones in my view
* 15 lilies to find (quite easy)
* 45 collectibles - I am unsure what these are at the moment.
* Other usual bonuses

If you haven't got them all, you might want to look at the SE, but I definitely recommend the CE on this one.

Hope that helps.

T57

[Post New]by shelterhill on Jun 29, 14 3:58 AM
I have the CE, but I wish I had waited for the SE, the bonuschapter is not worth the extra money, like Tufty said it's a bit childish and not what I had expected.

The garden is not much fun... So the collectibles have no use really.

I would recommend the SE!

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jun 29, 14 1:17 PM
I thought the CE was worth it. Since the story concludes during the main game without any loose ends, I can see how the bonus game took its direction. You are interacting with a child and playing a game with the child, so that may be why some feel that the bonus game was a bit childish.

Go to: