Bored...............

[Post New]by Hopefullyone on Jun 29, 14 8:09 AM
Ok, I have every island....all monsters except the rebroo and anything to do with this monster. Not that I haven't tried everything in the book,,,,,I will not buy it with money.
Have two the the big wumboxes. Is there anything I can do to get it. I have tried everything possible. Its getting boring......Any new updates maybe a new island...new monsters. I do need hoola...But yeah getting tired of this game. I don't want to quit .......................but maybe I will any ideas out there Thanks Donna

wrinkles89
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

Re:Bored...............

[Post New]by wrinkles89 on Jun 30, 14 5:36 AM
Tried to get Reebro too. No luck yet. Will quit when I reach 1 billion coins. Have 514 million. No intention of spending any $$$$ trying. I might use the diamonds, Have 1370 and 7 diamond mines. Should get to 2000 diamonds in 90 days. If I get to the coin target before the diamond target I will quit. If I get to the diamond target first I will use the diamonds for Reebro and Humbug.

[Post New]by redcloud33 on Jun 30, 14 7:43 AM
Same thing here, only thing left in 1st game is breeding the last Ethereal Monster, which I don't really like, the jellyfood with a mustache, no luck yet but I don't care, second game only one Ethereal, Jeeode, all shuga family, but I don't care either, it seems now I go there only to get the diamonds on each island, is all....... not much fun and don't know if I'll persist if nothing new and exciting doesn't take place.

chingchangcat
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by chingchangcat on Jun 30, 14 5:02 PM
Been playing since September and still no Ghazt, which I believe was the first Ethereal offered! I refuse to spend one more hard-earned penny to get one, either!

I think we're way past due for either more islands or a MSM II...new music, new monsters, new everything! I'm quite sure the developers would make a bundle off a new game, and heaven knows there have been enough ideas offered by players to create at least one, if not several, new games!

This game is such a great concept---I hope there is something in the works for future play!

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jun 30, 14 9:38 PM
chingchangcat wrote:
I think we're way past due for either more islands or a MSM II...new music, new monsters, new everything! I'm quite sure the developers would make a bundle off a new game, and heaven knows there have been enough ideas offered by players to create at least one, if not several, new games!

This game is such a great concept---I hope there is something in the works for future play!

I'm only interested in future play if they'd just fix the audio that they ruined back in the December update when they corrected the misaligned cursor. I can't hear through the choppy sound and it's ruined my gameplay.

Topper_
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Topper_ on Jul 1, 14 12:55 AM
Have to agree!
With me it's jeeode that I can't get. I wondered if there's something written in the program that stops you getting that final monster if you haven't spent any money.... I decided that I wouldn't rely on chance and have been saving up my gems to buy it, hopefully in about ten days time, but it is very boring now. I also have multi millions and have two wubboxes, I've been decorating my islands but that's a bit pointless too, since the weekly top islands facility doesn't work in the pc version. The tablet version is a little more interesting as at least you can have interaction with other players. I will soon give up I think and look for something else to enjoy, unless there is a big new challenging input of some kind - just adding on another monster occasionally, isn't really enough.

kokiecat2
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by kokiecat2 on Jul 1, 14 3:30 AM
We need castle upgrades and new islands-I have three wubbies on each island and loads of food and money-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

wtchytig
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by wtchytig on Jul 1, 14 5:26 AM
Getting bored here too. For me the elusive monster is Reebro. He refuses to show up. Trying the same combo over and over and over again (same combo that produced three quickly on android version) is getting frustrating to the point I don't really care if I check in on the game any more. I used to be hooked on this game but now with no new tasks and no reebro it is boring.

CaptainRambo
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by CaptainRambo on Jul 1, 14 7:06 AM
Hello everyone. I'm sorry you all are having so much difficulty getting Ethereals. I think you will find that your combinations may not be correct. I discuss this in the following thread:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/286023.page
You should find this very helpful.

Edited on 07/01/2014 at 2:31:44 PM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 1, 14 2:32 PM
Hey CaptainRambo

Thanks for posting that link! I've made just one quick little edit to make it clickable and easy for everyone to access.

Happy Gaming!

bfgVaiya

blabbitfan86
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,024 Posts

[Post New]by blabbitfan86 on Jul 1, 14 2:38 PM
This is really not wise from the developers to not do something about this. They're gonna lose a lot of faithful customers if they don't come up with something to keep them around and that doesn't mean creating a new monster because there isn't more room and adding one new monster on your island every once in a while doesn't really keep people interested enough to keep on playing... so I don't understand them because it's not good business losing players for boredom... I agree, it would be wonderful to know that when you reach the top there's going to be more, a new game MSM 2, a new island, higher levels including bigger castles and new items etc, whatever, anything just to know that it won't get boring as hell after reaching a certain point. Even now though I'm not even close to reaching that point I already wonder about it thinking is this really even worth it if it's eventually just going to be boring and frustrating...

Edited on 07/01/2014 at 2:48:58 PM PST

blabbitfan86
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,024 Posts

[Post New]by blabbitfan86 on Jul 1, 14 2:53 PM
The only way I know how to fight the boredom is to have more than just one set of MSM islands, created new accounts so that I can make different kinds of Plant Islands, have a lot of ideas that I'm going for and that's what keeps it interesting for me. When my nro 1 MSM islands are in a situation where I can't really do anything, just wait for something to happen (hatching, baking) then I go to my other islands that are still pretty much in the beginning and do something there and I don't get bored. But that's just me.

MagyarMan
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by MagyarMan on Jul 1, 14 5:43 PM
The game itself does get old after a while. I once heard rumored that there would be a total of 15 different islands, not sure if that's counting the seasonal islands.

They did eventually come out with an ethereal, and then a shuga so maybe there's hope yet.

They do come out with new ethereals on occasion.

The friends I've made here and on the other place are really what keeps me coming back for now.

chingchangcat
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by chingchangcat on Jul 3, 14 5:09 PM
MagyarMan wrote:The game itself does get old after a while. I once heard rumored that there would be a total of 15 different islands, not sure if that's counting the seasonal islands.

They did eventually come out with an ethereal, and then a shuga so maybe there's hope yet.

They do come out with new ethereals on occasion.

The friends I've made here and on the other place are really what keeps me coming back for now.

I agree...the forum has been great, and it s one of the reasons I continue play! It just burns me that I'm approaching a YEAR of playing, and have not been able to breed ONE type of monster! And yes, I have tried appropriate combos, changed names, lit torches, have plenty of food, etc etc etc.

snowrane
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by snowrane on Jul 4, 14 4:11 PM
I have to agree. I'm waiting for Hoola to be available and have all monsters except Dragong and whatever this new ethereal coming later this summer is. I have at least one Wubbox on every island except Earth (just haven't gotten around to it yet) and lots of food and money.

I wish the developers wouldn't make new monsters exclusive to the new Playstation version coming. The Yawstritch looks awesome. I hope that won't be a permanent trend.

More islands, new holiday monsters, more castle beds/upgrades and five and six element monsters would be very welcome, indeed and keep boredom at bay.

[Post New]by smellnroses2 on Jul 4, 14 5:07 PM
i agree. if i had known that once you reach max level ( which is quick if you spend real money) that was it i would not have spent real money on this game. would have just been patient as i am in my 2nd game and there fore enjoyed 1st game longer. i am getting everyone to lvl 15 with 100 percent happy.don't know that i will quit game but definitely don't spend as much time playing this game as i used to. just collect stuff and bake usually.

kokiecat2
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by kokiecat2 on Jul 11, 14 6:17 AM
Just waiting for hoola and then I quit-have spent a lot of money in the past but now it is just simply boring-bake and collect money-yawnzzzzzzz

cmjones99
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by cmjones99 on Jul 12, 14 5:05 AM
Something else to try for your hard to get monsters - buy their likes. There is a wiki page that lists what each monster likes. I have all of them, except the Hoopla, now. The Jeeode was the one I spent months trying to get, finally lit 2 permanent torches and bought the likes, plus once a week, I changed who the parents were, and finally got my Jeeode. I now have 2 of them on water, and loads of them on Ethereal. I'm in the mountain time zone (USA), and early morning seems to be luckier (before 7 a.m.), too.
Getting Hoopla has been my "I'm waiting for this and then quitting" moment. It's my last monster, and there doesn't seem to be any news from the dev that new stuff is coming. There have been tons of great ideas on the forum for new islands.
It's been a great game, but now I'm getting on to collect gems (to light permanent torches which I don't need) and to get money (hundreds of millions not spent). I bake a cake every day, so I've tons of food, too. All my monsters are at level 15. There is a wubbox on every island (and all 5 are active on Gold).

Go to: