ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Auction Problems

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jun 29, 14 9:21 AM
I wanted to create a new thread, because a few things have begun happening to me today (6/29). I am assuming it's happening to others too.. Hoping a thread will get the attention of Boom Zap & BF Moderators..

1. Auction said I won items I never bid on.. and removed the money
2. I keep getting messages that I've been outbid on items, I never bid on in the first place.

I know I posted it in another thread.. but now I don't even want to open the auction page -- not sure what I'll get charged for again or mysteriously bid on..

Wanted to make sure everyone was at least warned what's going on with my account.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Auction Problems

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jun 29, 14 9:25 AM
Chestnut, my proactive friend! Once again anticipating the need

Let's see if we can get the other posting over here instead of under Boycotting the auction thread - I would imagine we are annoying the people who are annoyed with the auction. Sorry about that folks!

[Post New]by blahblahboo on Jun 29, 14 9:29 AM
Thanks for this post. I too am getting messages that I won items I did not bid on, today one of the items from the Christmas Collection.

It is also not telling me I have won an item for a long time. When time was tight, I went ahead and bid 10000 on a second item to make sure I could finish the quest with only 30 min. left in the day. Then a few minutes later, the notice came through that I had actually won item. Then I had two of something I did not need, and had had to pay a huge amount for, 10,000 and 15,000 coins and the collection only gives back 1000.

The auction seems to have many issues.

Also when I bid 200 on a picture today I won the picture but instead of taking 200 coins out of my account, it took 200 gold bars. That was a very expensive and unneeded item.

Please, please, work on auction glitches. It is better than it was in the fall, but it is still my least favorite part of the game.

Sweetg12651
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by Sweetg12651 on Jun 29, 14 9:48 AM
To all who have experienced a problem with the Auction today - I just checked the BZ forum and no one has reported the problem there. This hasn't happened to me so I don't fully understand the problem. Someone who has experienced this first-hand should post it on BZ.

sabake
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by sabake on Jun 29, 14 9:52 AM
(I'll transfer here my post from that other thread, maybe it could help someone.)

I have noticed, that if you have sold or bought an item, but the message and/or item/coins never arrived, then go to the auction and make a search with that item. After that, the auction "wakes up" and "finds" your deal, sends the message and awards you with item/coins.

I'm talking of typing in the name of the item in the Search of the Auction window, not using the "find Auction" button in "Collection" window. The latter might also help, I've not tried out yet.

In fact, making a search for random items (because a friend has asked to help out) I've been given coins or items from auctions several months ago, that I had already counted as a loss.

Edited on 06/29/2014 at 10:03:38 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jun 29, 14 10:22 AM
sabake wrote:

I have noticed, that if you have sold or bought an item, but the message and/or item/coins never arrived, then go to the auction and make a search with that item. After that, the auction "wakes up" and "finds" your deal, sends the message and awards you with item/coins.

I'm talking of typing in the name of the item in the Search of the Auction window, not using the "find Auction" button in "Collection" window. The latter might also help, I've not tried out yet.

In fact, making a search for random items (because a friend has asked to help out) I've been given coins or items from auctions several months ago, that I had already counted as a loss.

Okay, I just did this... and one that was missing from yesterday showed up. Looks like Sabake has provided the work around. Thanks Sabake!

Edited on 06/29/2014 at 10:23:33 AM PST

Seppi19
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Seppi19 on Jun 29, 14 10:51 AM
I'm glad you posted this thread - I was just wondering if I should bring it up myself.

I've also noticed you have to "wake up" the auction to find out what happened with a bid. I learned that lesson the hard way too.

I have also noticed that when I have had activity in the auction, I get word that I have won an item I hadn't bid on recently or an item is reportedly going back into my inventory that I hadn't auctioned. Could it be that the odd messages are residual effects from previous auctions repeating or catching up?

After bidding on my daily auction quest today, I got numerous reports on Hagia Sophia - not my daily quest, but one from a few days ago. Is the auction house trying to catch up? I admit I don't keep track as closely as some of you. Maybe I should.

I hope this gets the attention of the moderator. I would suggest that it gets posted under technical issues, but that list is so long this thread may have a better chance of being seen.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jun 29, 14 11:09 AM
I will go lay the threads numbers down in BoomZap if someone else has not yet done do. Keep listing issues...

Or if you go over to BoomZap forums you can post there. To find BoomZap just do a google search, only takes a couple minutes to set up an account.

Thread started there now...

Edited on 06/29/2014 at 12:13:28 PM PST

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jun 29, 14 12:26 PM
I also suddenly got messages today that I had won a couple of things from the special collections that I don't remember bidding on, but may well have done ages ago. I have also suddenly had messages about things on my Watch list - but I have never ever used that feature!
This is very unusual for me, as I don't usually seem to get some of the glitches that happen to others ....

sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

[Post New]by sahobbs on Jun 30, 14 10:17 AM
Dido! Had the same happen to me a couple of times in the last few days. I'm not hurting for coins but when an auction item that I didn't bid on that's over 8300 coins really got my attention. I always stick to the daily auction, bid low, buy low, and I've done well that way.
I may have to go to customer support to look into this. I've done it before when I purchased gold and never got it a few months ago and they were able to look up my account and found where I made the purchase and gave me my gold.

sabake
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by sabake on Jun 30, 14 10:25 AM
The last couple of days I've got "watch list" messages about Pink Roses, that I've most certainly never asked for. And as we know, there is no way to cancel the watch.

Edited on 06/30/2014 at 10:25:49 AM PST

sabake
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by sabake on Jul 1, 14 2:56 AM
I experienced today what others have reported: at midnight the quest came up and it was that blue scarf. I didn't work on it, and in the morning when I opened my game again, the quest was Silver Tongs instead.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 1, 14 4:20 AM
I am getting Special collection Ran's in my watch list. I have never put an item on the watch list so I have no idea what is triggering it.

So, Sabake, I want to make sure I understand you are saying is.... in a single 24 hour period (which would have been the entirety of the first quest) you did not play the first option it gave you, shut down your computer (or was it just the game) completely and when you started it again the item requested had changed?

As in not to be confused with an item coming up and just expiring in 24 hours and the next day's coming up?

PS Pssst I do this in training and staff meetings too.

sabake
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by sabake on Jul 1, 14 7:45 AM
Oddly, you've got it right. My quest at midnight was Silken Headscarf. Since my pals were sleeping, I didn't work on that, logged off and closed the computer. Coming back in the morning, the quest was already there, not as "New Quest" but as already opened/read, with only the clock image. When I took a look inside, it was requesting for Silver Tongs.

Others have reported earlier the quest item to change even up to 4 times (or more?) and during one game session. For me, today was the first time.

Go to: