mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

What on earth am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jun 29, 14 9:30 AM
I'm trying to get the painting of the stereoscope. I've found all the pieces, put them together, and clicked on the clue. The quest is activated. The clue says: "It always snows here all year round. But it's cheery and colorful." That HAS to be Christmas Alley, right? I've played Christmas Alley 12 times in a row, so 3 times for each search method, and NOTHING. It's eating up all my energy for nothing... Am I mistaken about it being Christmas Alley? This is driving me NUTS!!!

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

Re:What on earth am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Jun 29, 14 9:31 AM
That's the right place, it's Picture Mode in Christmas Alley

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jun 29, 14 10:20 AM
Mrssfox wrote:That's the right place, it's Picture Mode in Christmas Alley

Well, it's just not dropping the painting for me... I guess I'll just have to keep trying. I haven't had this problem with the other paintings I've completed, and I've done 7 others. Thanks for answering!

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jun 29, 14 10:36 AM
Tried again, in picture mode, and still no painting. Do you have to be Master level? I thought maybe it wasn't dropping for me before because I was using an energy-saving keepsake, but that timed out and still no painting. I'm not quite Master level here. Does that matter?

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jun 29, 14 10:48 AM
MG, see if this might help.

Go collect the collection items,
when you see the clue,CLICK on the clue, this prompts the quest to appear and Chris says something about following the clue,
Accept the quest - then go play the city from the clue.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jun 29, 14 1:12 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote:MG, see if this might help.

when you see the clue,CLICK on the clue, this prompts the quest to appear and Chris says something about following the clue,

Done all that. The quest is active, but still the painting won't drop.

[Post New]by DaisyMaeDriver on Jun 29, 14 1:21 PM

Done all that. The quest is active, but still the painting won't drop.

Okay so before you go in (in picture mode) scroll across, are the paintings in the scroll bar? If so you got a glitch, if not then something else is going on.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jun 29, 14 1:29 PM
Back with another report. The only thing I could think of was that I had to be Master level. So I played and played and played until I reached Master level, then did the picture search and STILL no painting dropped. Is this something I should take to the developer's forum? It's MOST frustrating... (Politeness forbids me from talking about the amount of energy I've wasted. The mods would have a stroke!)

[Post New]by DaisyMaeDriver on Jun 29, 14 1:32 PM
mgpaquin wrote: (Politeness forbids me from talking about the amount of energy I've wasted. The mods would have a stroke!)

No. They wouldn't.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jun 29, 14 2:08 PM
DaisyMaeDriver wrote:
mgpaquin wrote: (Politeness forbids me from talking about the amount of energy I've wasted. The mods would have a stroke!)

No. They wouldn't.

They wouldn't have a stroke (assuming the content would include expletives) but it might get smitten with the <Removed by Moderator > label.

Edited on 06/29/2014 at 2:08:56 PM PST

appiel
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by appiel on Jun 29, 14 3:29 PM
mgpaquin wrote:
OddlyEnuh wrote:MG, see if this might help.

drop.

[Post New]by amazedbygrace on Jun 30, 14 10:39 AM
mgpaquin wrote:I'm trying to get the painting of the stereoscope. I've found all the pieces, put them together, and clicked on the clue. The quest is activated. The clue says: "It always snows here all year round. But it's cheery and colorful." That HAS to be Christmas Alley, right? I've played Christmas Alley 12 times in a row, so 3 times for each search method, and NOTHING. It's eating up all my energy for nothing... Am I mistaken about it being Christmas Alley? This is driving me NUTS!!!

I'm in the same boat, mgpaquin, with a couple of differences. I'm only on the Compass quest and, the Quest Icon has disappeared from my screen. I'm afraid to delete the game and reinstall it. I did put in a message to Tech Support. I'll report back with their solutions.

Edited on 06/30/2014 at 10:40:18 AM PST

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jun 30, 14 10:51 AM
amazedbygrace wrote:
mgpaquin wrote:I'm trying to get the painting of the stereoscope. I've found all the pieces, put them together, and clicked on the clue. The quest is activated. The clue says: "It always snows here all year round. But it's cheery and colorful." That HAS to be Christmas Alley, right? I've played Christmas Alley 12 times in a row, so 3 times for each search method, and NOTHING. It's eating up all my energy for nothing... Am I mistaken about it being Christmas Alley? This is driving me NUTS!!!

I'm in the same boat, mgpaquin, with a couple of differences. I'm only on the Compass quest and, the Quest Icon has disappeared from my screen. I'm afraid to delete the game and reinstall it. I did put in a message to Tech Support. I'll report back with their solutions.

On another thread a player was encountering the same type of issue. They stated that they ended up having to recollect the collectible, redeem it (followed the quest triggering steps) and they VIOLA the picture appeared... it may be worth a try.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jun 30, 14 12:57 PM
Don't be afraid to delete and re-install - this has been done by many, many people on many occasions and has not caused any problems yet - your game is restored to where it was. It often solves little glitches, so could be worth trying.

However, I can also confirm that in two cases I had to collect the item a second time round and do the puzzle to get the quest - and then the picture dropped ok at the right time. But at least I got the credit (and the star) for doing it again.

suzon7
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by suzon7 on Jul 12, 14 12:02 AM
Gosh! It seems complicated some time!!!
Do the gamers have to assume all those glitches??

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jul 12, 14 4:03 AM
suzon7 wrote:Gosh! It seems complicated some time!!!
Do the gamers have to assume all those glitches??

I finally went over to BZ's site and put my problem up in their forum. The mod asked me to send her game files (they tell you how) and I also had some screen caps. Their techies looked at the files and apparently it's a glitch somewhere they tell me will be fixed in the next update. Given the unsolved problem I have with another of BZ's games I'm not feeling particularly hopeful...

Although I may try to re-trigger the quest to see if that helps.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 12, 14 5:23 AM
mgpaquin wrote:

I finally went over to BZ's site and put my problem up in their forum. The mod asked me to send her game files (they tell you how) and I also had some screen caps. Their techies looked at the files and apparently it's a glitch somewhere they tell me will be fixed in the next update. Given the unsolved problem I have with another of BZ's games I'm not feeling particularly hopeful...

Although I may try to re-trigger the quest to see if that helps.

Sorry to hear there is a glitch on some of them but good that you reported there is one so people who are having trouble.

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by aleutcia on Jul 12, 14 3:08 PM
I was having this problem, but what if figured out was that I was not actually hitting the note to activate the quest. I had to re-do 2 whole collections and then after I assembled them, I did hit the note and got the quest activated. Duh!

EFW1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by EFW1 on Jul 12, 14 11:12 PM
I am having a similar problem. I have completed many of the special collectibles several times. It only works properly the first time. When I compete a collectible a second time and I click on the note nothing happens. There is no quest for me to complete. When I go to the location from the clue there is no painting. Is this supposed to happen? Do you only collect one painting per collection?

Also, I have only been able to obtain the collectible pieces through auction and by paying high prices. Where do you find them other than in the auction?

Thanks for any help.

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Jul 12, 14 11:47 PM
This thread will help you find the collectibles:

Crest collections - 6/17/14 update expanded collectibles

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/284854.page

You will get coins, XP and a star for doing the collection again. You won't get a second painting for the same spot on the wall. If you have an empty spot, you may use this pattern to figure out which one is missing:
This is the pattern of the collections in the Purple Crest Collection:
1 / 2 / 3 / 4
5 / 6 / 7 / 8
9 / 10 / 11 / 12
13 / 14

This is the pattern of the corresponding paintings on the wall:

1 / 2 / 3 / 4
5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14
Find which frame is empty and do that same number of collection. Remember to CLICK on the note with the clue to trigger the quest so that the painting will be there when you go get it from the city/mode in the clue.

Go to: