Dark Parables 8

Dark Parables 8

[Post New]by QueenDorothyGale on Jun 29, 14 10:46 PM
Hello everybody!!!

*ahem.* As we all saw at the end of DP7: Ballad of Rapunzel, the next Dark Parables is The Little Mermaid. Here are some possibilities of what I think would happen based on the previous Dark Parables series. I also came up with possibilities for Dark Parables 9 at the bottom.

Story: Storywise, i think that

1) The Little Mermaid would be the villain
2) The Little Mermaid would be under the sea witch's spell
3) The Little Mermaid could be held hostage on land

Setting: Since The Little Mermaid involves water my sister thinks it would take place in the mediterranean sea.

Bonus gameplay: Here are some choices of what I think it should be:

1) Alice in Wonderland (Come on, they had Wizard of OZ as a Parable to collect in the bonus gameplay. So why not?)
2) Beauty and the Beast (Some people have been wanting that as bonus gameplay, and I totally agree.)
3) The Queen Bee (That would make good gameplay. A prince saving ants, ducks, and bees from being killed by his two older brothers. In return, the ants, ducks, and bees (and their queen) help him break a spell on a kingdom)

The next game: Since at the ending of each Dark Parables, it shows something that foreshadows the next adventure, here's what I think the next one should be.

1) Bluebeard (Seriously, who doesn't love solving a murder mystery, especially if it's one from a fairy tale)
2) The Twelve Dancing Princesses (Why not? It would be worth exploring)
3) Beauty and the Beast (If Dark Parables 9 was that my sister would flip in a good way of course. Plus, it would be cool for Blue Tea Games to design an awesome looking Beast.)

Haberyan
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Dark Parables 8

[Post New]by Haberyan on Jun 30, 14 5:35 PM
I already made a thread with the same name, so maybe move your thoughts there?

NAVEMAN3
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by NAVEMAN3 on Jul 7, 14 1:43 PM
I can totally see any of those happening. Now I'm just waiting for a swan lake DP, new Mystery, new Cursery, and new Fabled Legends. As for Enchantia....maybe as a one-shot. Not much of a fan on war stories.

[Post New]by kazooie2628 on Jul 10, 14 12:04 PM
While I enjoyed this game, I was a little surprised that, in a game with Rapunzel in the title, we have a whopping 0 references to her long hair, which is what makes the story famous. Still, the fact that they got the first part right (about Rapunzel's link to plants) does help.
I'm just hoping that, in DP8, they don't go for the Disney style story of the Little Mermaid. Don't get me wrong. I love Disney. They just take half the fun out of some stories. Suddenly, no one bothers to read the original tales because they grew up on the Disney version and think that it's the same story as the book.
And...and I'm rambling. I think the Bluebeard one would be good, but it's hard to do that because we'd already know "whodunit" and that story is particularly gory. Don't get me wrong. I could totally see how it could work. Still...it may work better as a side story than as a whole game.
Beauty and the Beast would be awesome, but...well, the story's kind of been done to death. Like I said, it'd be cool, but I'm curious how BlueTea would put a new spin on it. It's such a popular story that there are already hundreds of versions of it. Also, BlueTea likes to combine stories (like Snow White and the Snow Queen, or Cinderella and Pinocchio) and I wonder what story they'd tie in with Beauty and the Beast.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Still...they whipped out Rapunzel pretty fast, so maybe we won't have to wait too long.

Haberyan
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Haberyan on Aug 1, 14 5:01 AM
I highly doubt that Dark Parables 8 will be the little mermaid because it'll be based on the asian fairytale and the little mermaid. Look up "asian fairy tale turtle underwater" on Wikipedia and you can read the story. I think that the game will start us on a beach, then a few chapters through, we have to ride the turtle underwater and see the mermaid king, and when we're there, we discover some dark plot and have to save Ariel from the sea witch and a japanese warrior will be our ally. (the story comes from Japan)

[Post New]by Maeyin on Aug 23, 14 11:56 AM
What about Peter Pan? I'd like to see Alice even if it is a bonus. Beauty and the Beast would be nice but I'd want that one as the main game. I think the swan princess is also another one they might make since they introduced her in the exiled prince. Either way I'm really anxious for the next one. I want it already.

[Post New]by AmbaaSur on Aug 29, 14 8:03 PM
NAVEMAN3 wrote:I can totally see any of those happening. Now I'm just waiting for a swan lake DP, new Mystery, new Cursery, and new Fabled Legends. As for Enchantia....maybe as a one-shot. Not much of a fan on war stories.

Swan lake's already been used in DP 2 The Exiled Prince, I don't think they will use it again in anoher game.

[Post New]by kaygames2 on Aug 30, 14 5:58 PM
When will DP8 be released?

[Post New]by talefish_2341 on Sep 9, 14 2:27 PM

The idea of putting the Little Mermaid in Dark Parables, seemed like a good idea. the idea that the sea witch is the responzable "X" mystery, as it is very typical. remember that Disney and utilzo that idea. that Sea Witch was behind everything that happened in history. moreover, in the original story the sea witch only appears once. and to put the sirenit as the villain, you do not know, sounds interesting but I think not. could put at first that the Little Mermaid rescues the prince asks for help from the witch, and when you are with the prince, and after this the love kidnaps. is only an idea, because the option three of his idea for the game is intriguing. and since I like to mix fairy tales, because they put Odette, the Swan Princess, as the bride of the prince and Rapunzel as the premium or sister of the Little Mermaid. because in the original story, the prince falls in love with another girl and the mermaid jumps into the sea and becomes foam sea. see if you like the idea

Edited on 09/09/2014 at 2:27:51 PM PST

[Post New]by ckelley116 on Sep 23, 14 4:59 AM
AmbaaSur wrote:
NAVEMAN3 wrote:I can totally see any of those happening. Now I'm just waiting for a swan lake DP, new Mystery, new Cursery, and new Fabled Legends. As for Enchantia....maybe as a one-shot. Not much of a fan on war stories.

Swan lake's already been used in DP 2 The Exiled Prince, I don't think they will use it again in anoher game.

So was Cinderella (DP 5) and Snow White (DP 3). Not to mention Gerda and the Red Riding Hood sisters, who make appearances in 2 games each. Just because a character has already been mentioned in one game doesn't mean they can't show up in another. In fact, Blue Tea Games seems to really like recycling characters.

[Post New]by QueenDorothyGale on Oct 10, 14 3:33 PM
AmbaaSur wrote:

Actually it wasn't technically used it was only shown that the Exiled Prince had married many women after Ivy (who was and still is his first love) when he was going through the unending cycle of kiss, transformation, and lover's death. So a possibility of Swan Lake is possible.

Edited on 10/10/2014 at 3:36:46 PM PST

[Post New]by QueenDorothyGale on Oct 10, 14 3:34 PM
ckelley116 wrote:
AmbaaSur wrote:

So was Cinderella (DP 5) and Snow White (DP 3). Not to mention Gerda and the Red Riding Hood sisters, who make appearances in 2 games each. Just because a character has already been mentioned in one game doesn't mean they can't show up in another. In fact, Blue Tea Games seems to really like recycling characters.

True, and they do it so well to keep continuity within their franchise.

Buttns
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Buttns on Oct 20, 14 6:03 AM
I like the way all the dark parables games tie in together. I think they need to keep it that way or it would be confusing. Can't wait for the 8th installment. I find them all to be interesting and a fun spin on the disney characters, although, the Swan Princess isn't Disney.

Edited on 10/20/2014 at 6:06:19 AM PST

rosered86
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rosered86 on Oct 22, 14 6:45 PM
Buttns wrote:I like the way all the dark parables games tie in together. I think they need to keep it that way or it would be confusing. Can't wait for the 8th installment. I find them all to be interesting and a fun spin on the disney characters, although, the Swan Princess isn't Disney.

Actually they're spins on traditional fairy tale characters that were created long before Disney made them famous.

[Post New]by kaygames2 on Oct 25, 14 7:47 PM
When will DP8 be released?

[Post New]by revelette on Oct 26, 14 1:28 PM
I played the Beta test for DP 8 The Little Mermaid and The Purple Tide survey. I am a little worried Blue Tea teamed up with Epic on this one. I love DP and the simple flow of the games and really don't want it to change. I have to confess, DP are the only games I replay over and over again.

Tora1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by Tora1 on Oct 27, 14 1:55 PM
revelette wrote:I played the Beta test for DP 8 The Little Mermaid and The Purple Tide survey. I am a little worried Blue Tea teamed up with Epic on this one. I love DP and the simple flow of the games and really don't want it to change. I have to confess, DP are the only games I replay over and over again.

I know change isn't easy, but it can be good. As long as they keep the in-game parables, I'm okay with this new treatment. Speaking of parables, here's what I think they'll be about:
1. The Frog Prince and the Mermaid Princess
2. The Sea Goddess
3. The Rival Kingdoms
4. The Purple Tide
5. ???

[Post New]by BoomchuckPxyNiki on Nov 10, 14 12:24 PM
Tora1 wrote:
revelette wrote:I played the Beta test for DP 8 The Little Mermaid and The Purple Tide survey. I am a little worried Blue Tea teamed up with Epic on this one. I love DP and the simple flow of the games and really don't want it to change. I have to confess, DP are the only games I replay over and over again.

I know change isn't easy, but it can be good. As long as they keep the in-game parables, I'm okay with this new treatment. Speaking of parables, here's what I think they'll be about:
1. The Frog Prince and the Mermaid Princess
2. The Sea Goddess
3. The Rival Kingdoms
4. The Purple Tide
5. ???

I played it, too, and unless they've added them since the Beta (which, I might add, just came out a month ago, and it's supposed to release this week), there are no parables, and I really missed the sound effects that are distinctly Blue Tea. I started buying adventure games and joined Big Fish because of Dark Parables: The Curse of Briar Rose, and it's still a favorite of mine. I don't mind small evolutions, but drastic changes that change the overall character from one developer to another is kind of off-putting. I did enjoy cleaned-up animation and the wide-screen setting, but I see more Eipix so far than Blue Tea (including the (to me) annoying sound effect when my mouse goes over a spot where you can move to a different scene every single time), and while I love both developers, I don't want to lose the Blue Tea distinctions.

[Post New]by Willowranch on Nov 14, 14 5:30 PM
I just downloaded the trial version of DP:The Little Mermaid and The Purple Tide yesterday. What a huge disappointment. I have all of the other DP games, LOVE them all. But this one was SO disappointing, really glad that I did not buy it. It is nothing like all the previous games. I didn't even finish playing it. After months of waiting for the new game I have to say this was a colossal disappointment. There was no story line. And, I like how the other games have returning characters from the previous games. Also, the graphics are not nearly as good as the previous games. Definitely won't be buying this one. Too bad.

Edited on 11/14/2014 at 5:32:22 PM PST

[Post New]by kaygames2 on Dec 25, 14 4:59 PM
I was disappointed with DP8 as well. I did not like the morhping objects. The appearance of the game wasn't as vivid as a blue tea game. I've enjoyed all of the blue tea games. I waited for the release of this one, only to be disappointed. BLUE TEA come back to us!!!! GIVE US MORE GAMES. When will the next blue tea game be released? Will there be another Cursery, Macabre Mysteries and/or, Fabled Legend?

Go to: