A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 06/30/2014 at 8:37:45 AM PST

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Jigsaw World Tour 2 here

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jun 30, 14 3:13 AM
A great way to relax and see beautiful sights!

I must begin by making it clear that I have only played the demo so there may be issues with the game that I have not yet come across. To complete the game before posting a review would mean that fellow gamers would have to wait months to find out about it.

I imagine that many will find this a thoroughly relaxing way to spend a short or a long time. It is probably a game that they might keep on their computer, returning to every now and then. It is not something that they play all day because they just have to finish it.

There are 7 beautiful locations to visit and for each location there are 13 pages with up to 8 puzzles on each, ranging from 12 pieces to 247. Some puzzles require you to rotate pieces in order for them to fit and some are simple placement.

There are 7 trophies to be earned for spending time playing, matching a number of pieces, precision etc. each with a number of 'levels'.

For bigger puzzles with a lot of pieces there is a 'pocket' to tuck away pieces while you eg build the edge.

You can modify puzzles too, increasing the number of pieces, changing the 'cut' and adding/removing rotation.

All the while you are listening to soothing music, though sadly it is the same music for every puzzle.

One 'niggle' is that the menu reverts to the Chicago page 1 after each puzzle so if you want to play Venice for a while you have to keep clicking the tab and finding the page. But that is no great hassle.

As a novice, I initially found the bigger puzzles overwhelming, but once I began to use the 'pocket', the tools at the bottom to help me sort the pieces and the image or ghost tool to preview the finished picture, it was less so.

I can see why these are popular games. I guess, as a bit of a traditionalist, I prefer the 'real thing' but this does not take over your dining table for weeks and the dog cannot eat the vital piece!

Thoroughly recommended to try and I might just use a coupon on this and keep it there for a bit of stress busting.

Enjoy!

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 30, 14 4:51 AM
Beautiful If Predictable ****

BASED ON DEMO

IN BRIEF
This is an 8 Floor game which, to experienced purchasers of Jigsaw, Mahjong, and Fill & Cross games, is all that you need to know to know exactly what you’re getting. They are nothing if not consistent.

The game opens in widescreen – nice! And looks very good. The pictures in the album to choose from are professional and vary in subject matter across a good range of destinations. Although I’d never have thought of Chicago as a tourist destination. The other cities are: Venice, Amsterdam, Athens, Beijing, Barcelona and Munich.

The usual features are available: rotate, change number of pieces (390 max) and the degree of variance in the pieces, hint, separate the border, magnifier, ghost, image and a sorting box. There are also a few trophies to be won and a top scores list.

Mostly, there are excellent photos and endless variety – which at least makes up for the stoic adherence to their game structure that 8 Floor seem to wear as a badge of honour lol.
I recommend this game!

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jun 30, 14 8:37 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Jigsaw World Tour 2 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Jigsaw World Tour 2.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jun 30, 14 8:53 AM
How disappointing!!! Another beautifiul jigsaw puzzle game created by the 8 Floor developers WITHOUT the option to disable the "feature" of the bright flash of light each time the player fits a puzzle piece in the correct place.

I love the georgous puzzle pictures in all the jigsaw games I've seen from this developer... and they seem to have enough puzzles in each game to keep a jigsaw puzzle lover like me happily busy working the puzzles for weeks and weeks. But it is a no-buy for me because the flashes of light tend to give me headaches... or make a headache I already have get worse. I've seen other postings with a similar complaint from folks who have tried the 8 Floor developers' jigsaw puzzle games.

Adding an option for players to disable the flashing "feature" would probably bring in more sales for the 8 Floor developers, for customers could choose to turn off the flashing light if they wished... or the ones that like it could leave it on. How difficult could it be to include that option in their future jigsaw puzzle games ! ! ! ? ? ?

I sure wish they would add that option. I'd be waiting in line to buy one or more of their beautiful jigsaw puzzle games!!!

Classicaljazz

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jun 30, 14 10:23 AM
While the light flashes don't give me headaches, I do sympathize with Classicaljazz and find the flashes to be completely unnecessary. I also like that I can move pieces around my touch screen with my finger or my stylus The pictures of Chicago were beautiful. Judging by the number of locations and the number of pages of puzzles for each location, this game will be very long and worth the price.

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Jul 1, 14 6:27 AM
While these jigsaw games are not that bad, I wish the developer of Jigsaw Galore would create a second game.. What a great game, where you can put all the pieces around the puzzle you wish to create and a little sound, not a flash, can be heard when it is correctly placed..

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 26, 14 11:13 AM
Why does it keep giving me the same puzzle over and over - one I already solved? Why isn't there a decent tutorial? All I know is that I can rotate pieces by right-clicking them (except I can't) and that there is a pocket to keep pieces in.

I don't mind the flashing so much but the voices are extremely annoying. I don't think I could stand to play all those puzzles with that "bleep!" noise every time I put a piece in the right place and getting louder as the puzzle nears completion. A little sound is fine but a crescendo?

And I'm right at the beginning! I can't even imagine what it must be like in puzzles with more pieces.

So no thank you. I love jigsaw puzzles but there are other games out there which probably are not so annoying.

And although those flashes of light do not bother me now I have a feeling they would bother me later one.

Edited on 08/26/2014 at 11:20:32 AM PST

Go to: