lornaovenden1
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

hint button stopped working at theatre scene and back of house with car

[Post New]by lornaovenden1 on Jun 30, 14 5:20 AM
I also am stuck at the theatre - can only move from there to where the car is parked outside the back of a house/hotel? The map only gives 2 places to move to so cannot continue with the game - very frustrating, wish I hadn't bought it - Big Fish has to remove this glitch, I may not buy from them anymore.

algal0181
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:hint button stopped working at theatre scene and back of house with car

[Post New]by algal0181 on Jun 30, 14 6:14 PM
Same here...I'm stuck too! I don't want to start over...Big Fish please fix this!

thecaptain777
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by thecaptain777 on Jun 30, 14 9:00 PM
This is the second time I have played this game - first time I got stuck in the caves. Now after a so-called fix, I can't even get into the theatre and the hint button has died.

schobey
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by schobey on Jul 1, 14 12:56 AM
Also stuck same place. Contacted BFG with dr. felix report. Both comps get stuck same place. both are win 7, one is a gateway desktop, and the other hp laptop. Most of the time one will play on one and not the other. This game will not play on either. When I run Microsoft troubleshooter, it says game not compatible (ran on both). So there fore they may have to ck to make sure games run on 64, vista, 7 and 8 windows. Or else something is missing from the game. BF is usually great with fixing these things. Come on BF I have confidence. Thanks

[Post New]by Bobsdad on Jul 1, 14 5:34 AM
Guess what guys, exactly the same problem, stuck at back of house, checked BFG for update and told no new update, where to now BFG?

bromley49
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bromley49 on Jul 1, 14 11:22 AM
Same problem - checked for manual update, it says there is one but it does not show up for me to download. Help.

[Post New]by westielover on Jul 1, 14 11:52 AM
Same here. Really don't want to start from the beginning so would appreciate a fix,

[Post New]by emkdpk6 on Jul 1, 14 12:48 PM
Stuck there as well, started over.....same thing!! Can't get out of theater flashback! HELP!

thecaptain777
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by thecaptain777 on Jul 1, 14 1:42 PM
Apparently we all forgot to take back the stepladder from the living room which would allow us to progress through the theatre scene. Not sure if I want to start over again just to retrieve the ladder, but other players have said that they then could play through to the end.

[Post New]by fuzzypinkslipper on Jul 1, 14 6:26 PM
Thank you "the captain 77". I started the game from the beginning, made sure that I took the ladder from the living room, and then I was able to complete the game.

thecaptain777
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by thecaptain777 on Jul 1, 14 8:40 PM
Plus it makes the hint button start working again when you take the ladder with you...

wllowldy
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by wllowldy on Jul 2, 14 1:53 AM
I have a piece of a poster, a decorative piece, and a pair of clippers. At the theatre, cannot go back, hint button not working. I guess I really shouldn't complain since I used a free game coupon, but, darn it, I really wanted to play this to the end. I uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times and finally gave up. Someone wake me if and when they fix it. zzzzz

MISKAJ
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by MISKAJ on Jul 2, 14 6:08 AM
I know what you mean! I have tried to TWICE to do it and cannot get past the darn note it says to "pick up" in the theatre!
Note says: "I picked up two figurines in the open box." Or something like that and then it STOPS!
No more Hints and no more game because you cannot go anywhere to get it done! VERY FRUSTRAITING!
BF needs to FIX this problem and let us know!
Through ranting for now I guess!

[Post New]by rainbowdragon70 on Jul 2, 14 8:36 AM
Hmm. Now that I know you can take the ladder again, I'll try that. But, really, they should make it impossible to head to the next scene until you do that, or at least fix it so you can go back to the living room.

[Post New]by rufrogi on Jul 3, 14 2:16 AM
Same problem here!! BF needs to quit selling this and others games that don't work!!!!

[Post New]by sandraplains on Jul 3, 14 8:36 AM
please help or refund money

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Jul 3, 14 3:23 PM
please see my reply under BFG gamers

[Post New]by Callie5 on Jul 6, 14 9:06 PM
I realized from watching a You-Tube video of this part that I did not have the step ladder from the living room and that has become a game-stopper. I'm very new to games ( I am a senior citizen and just retired!) but I still have better things to do than start this game all over again just to retrieve that stepladder. Perhaps the developer could put something in the game that would make it possible to correct this oversight without having to start again? Or at least indicate when the "hint" no longer functions that it isn't a hardware problem, that one does not need to uninstall and reinstall ad nauseum to no avail.

I bought this game. I wait until I find one that is fun before I buy because the monthly fee is all I can really afford (Not complaining, just telling how it is!) so I'm just gonna wait until it's fixed and I can continue without wasting time starting from scratch. Please, BFG, check these out first, okay? It would save a lot of bad feelings and embarrassment when gamers realize your game isn't defective, just tricky!

[Post New]by EmilyB1955 on Jul 10, 14 4:08 PM
Is this STILL a case of having to restart the game, or is there a fix for this. Honestly, a game should not let you progress if you are not able to go back and retrieve a missing item.

bigdave02
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by bigdave02 on Jul 13, 14 6:21 AM
I'm having the same problem at theatre.Games like this don't do BF's reputation any favours.

Go to: