Edited on 07/01/2014 at 9:04:23 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Toy Defense 3 - Fantasy here

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 1, 14 9:04 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Toy Defense 3 - Fantasy here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Toy Defense 3 - Fantasy.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jul 5, 14 1:55 PM
This is a classic tower defense game in that you have enemies with different strengths and weaknesses and you have "towers" with different abilities. At the end of each level you receive stars that you can use for overall upgrades. There are many of these and it is entirely up to you what you choose to upgrade.

During the game you receive money for every enemy that you defeat that you can use to build the towers or upgrade them. However, the towers gain experience by shooting enemies and they have to attain a certain level of experience before you can upgrade them. This makes the placement of towers more important and adds a level of challenge to the game.

This game is all strategy and quite challenging. Sometimes you can completely fail a level and then by applying a different strategy get 3 stars without needing additional upgrades. It is all about try something if it doesn't work try something else. For me the level of challenge is just right - it is difficult enough to be challenging but not so difficult that it is frustrating (yet).

This game is really long and great value for money. I've spent hours already and I've only completed 15 out of the 72 or so levels. I would definitely recommend it to tower-defense lovers.

Pixieydust
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Pixieydust on Jul 7, 14 10:11 AM
I have no idea why there is such little talk about this game. Maybe people just looked at it and just said meh?

I agree with the poster above me, and their review was well done. I really do not have much to say that was not said, the upgrades are fun and you can gain the money needed pretty quickly. I fortified my castle first, as that is what keeps you from getting your hearts taken away.

I played the demo, and then bought the game, it is far worth the money and has many levels. I just finished the very first map and am two levels into the second map. There is no story, but I really loved the idea of playing fantasy characters, I love that genre so it was a eye catcher for me, I had ignored the other Toy Defense games and am now going to look into the other ones.

The graphics are really nicely done, and you can see the health of the bad guys easily. I liked how there was a horn noise alerting me to the strong guys coming up so I could prepare and choose what to upgrade first. I turned down the music though as I like to listen to music or netflix while playing.

I found the game to be addictive, and am looking into buying them on my kindle for when I am in bed. I hope my thoughts help you decide. Janette5, your review was great!!

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Aug 6, 14 8:20 AM
This is a classic tower defence game, and a great one at that.

This is the third installment (obviously) of the Toy Defense games, and is 1000x better than the other two. I like the fantasy side of it so much better than the tanks and soldiers, and the overall game play is far better, with superior graphics and colours. It's a totally different TD game to the others.

Many TD games are often VERY hard, to the point where they are almost unplayable, so just get frustrating. But this is a little gem! Yes, it IS still very hard at times, but is it very playable. I like the various routes you can go to each defender, thus opening the field more and it's enjoyable finding out which weapon/defender kill which monsters.

The weapons/defenders do upgrade quick enough, although some seem to take longer to upgrade than others. Plus, you have to buy extra levels for the weapons/defenders from money you earn from beating levels. Obviously, the more stars you get, the more money you get. It is worth going back to the earlier levels to gain more stars/money if you only got 1 or 2 stars early on, as this will help build up money/weapons.

I particularly like the Maige with the green poison and the catapult with the exploding rocks!

There is no story, like another reviewer said, which is fine by me, as I always skip them as I'm not interested. I just want game play.

The graphics are very good, not spectacular, but fine for the game play. The sound is fine, too, with fun splats and "ugh!" when you kill a monster. Plus, I like the sound of the exploding catapult when it hits it's target. I haven't listened to the music, but I never do.

There are many levels, which makes it good value for money, especially as some levels do take a few attempts to get, especially later on. I have been playing this game for weeks now, and only just got to the end of it last week, and I am now in the process of trying to get 3 stars for each level, which I have nearly managed. I only have three where I am stuck on two stars!

BEST game on BF in a long time, IMO. (Although that's not difficult with all the same HOG of late).

Developers, take note! I love this installment of the Toy Defence games.

Edited on 08/06/2014 at 8:31:08 AM PST

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Aug 6, 14 8:22 AM
Sorry to go on, but this is such a great game, I need to thoroughly review it.

I do have one or two criticisms:

I started the game on "easy" as I knew the game would be tough, and I wanted to build up money and defenders, and now I am at maximum, I can't move onto "normal" and "hard" levels, and that is disappointing, as I would like to play the game again, but at a harder level, without having to buy all the weapons again. I know I could use a different name to play at a harder level, but I don't want to lose my weapons!
Many TD games do this, but sadly, this one does not.
This is really disappointing, because it's a great game!

When you upgrade the Mage to kill flying objects, it no longer attacks ground monsters, which I don't like. It also didn't say (that I saw, anyway) that this happened and I only found out the hard way!

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Sep 15, 14 10:10 AM
not for me.

Just_Joie
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Just_Joie on Sep 26, 14 8:52 AM
I found the first two Toy Defense games too frustrating, but cute. I do own all three of them, though never did finish the first two. This installment is great, a perfect balance between challenge and success and I am playing it through to the end happily.

The graphics are clear and funny, difficulty ramps up gradually, versus the quick disasters in the first two in the series. The challenge is enough to keep me engaged with the game, and it is not hard to reach some very gratifying enemy slaughters and laughable overkill on the occasional level.

One thing I especially liked was that an upgrade on a troop in this game makes a significant difference. I also liked seeing there seems no bias in favor of a troop type, they all can rock with the right upgrades, so have fun and use the ones you like best, or them all .

Nice job, Devs.

Go to: