Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

Didn't anyone 'take the plunge'?

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jul 1, 14 2:30 PM
A dark day for BFG! Two releases and absolutely no interest.

I spent my day playing old 'Dark Parables'.

How disappointing.

Hopefully someone out there who never reviews demos and always plays the complete game before sharing their thoughts will be along soon.

*Fingers crossed*

T57

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Re:Didn't anyone 'take the plunge'?

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jul 4, 14 10:14 PM
I tried this out just now. I like tower defense games & this was okay. I had a hard time getting used to the feel of it? I'm not sure if it were the graphics or the way they just plunge ya into the game or something but I dont feel 100% comfortable yet.
I want to talk myself into buying this & then improving at it & enjoying it more but I am scared!! Its just so hard to tell yet whether the game is good/going to be good or worse or what.

I just plain do not know what I want to do yet!! As there is a sale, I'm fine with the $$ aspect of it. I guess my main consideration is that I installed this game yesterday called Nancy Drew something or other & its 2 GIGABYTES in size. I am not 100% sure but I think my entire pc has like 6 gb. So like...thats a bit scary lol, even for a game as good as that.

Soooo...hmmm gosh. I cant decide what i think about Toy Defense. Incredibly hard to say. I know this is a non-answer. It sjust so.... hard to tell!!

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jul 5, 14 1:42 PM
This game is really long - you may have to wait a few weeks if you want someone to complete it first. It's definitely worthwhile if you like tower defense games.

Pixieydust
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Pixieydust on Jul 7, 14 10:16 AM
Hi there!! I bought this a few days ago and just finished the first map! There are tons of levels and I am so glad I bought it. The learning curve is a bit, but if you read the information on the towers when you finish a level, it helps explain what they do and if they are good for ground or air.

I love how the tower upgrades split into more options to choose from, it makes the stratigizing much more fun and sometime complex. There were times I picked the wrong thing, and just got one or two stars at finishing, but with those coins I upgraded the castle walls or maybe a tower to do some more damage, went back and replayed that level and it was helpful!! Some tower defense games the upgrades are not very good so I am really enjoying it.

I thought the graphics are great too. I am having fun and am really addicted! I am on map two now. How far along is anyone else?

I also found the game exceeds the price paid. It was money well spent for me!

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Jul 8, 14 10:46 AM
I am enjoying this game. It is not easy though.
Defender placement is critical. And buy the castle wall upgrades!!!

And I have at least found that the combo of the 'cannon' first on the path then the archers works fairly well. Haven't tried the Ballista much yet -- so far I haven't needed them. The Mages are good if you place them correctly -- they have limited range and are expensive to upgrade in during a level (first upgrade cost 80 pts).

Another tip is to use that PAUSE BUTTON, see where and what is coming in at the beginning of each attack wave. And then do your tower upgrades before clicking the play button.

For the spells -- its a toss up between the FREEZE and the FIREBALL which is best. I am leaning towards the FREEZE though because it does slow down the enemy enough you have a chance to destroy them. The FIREBALL doesn't always kill them.

Last recommendations -- it takes time for the FREEZE and FIREBALL to recharge you can usually get 1 every other attack wave. Remember this on the upper level of the attack wave, because you really do need the spells then.

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by aleutcia on Jul 12, 14 12:57 PM
moonryu, I certainly use all those tips, especially the FREEZE and FIREBALL. Don't count out those ballista guns though, I always place them close to the entrance. They aren't fast, but they can take out the big guys in 2 hits. Have not bought the castle wall upgrades but I will give it a go.

I own all the Toy Defense games and I love them. In the second one you could bring your upgraded towers with you to the next level......came in very handy.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jul 12, 14 5:18 PM
I 'kind' of like it but there are no instructions. Do you need to click on the enemies or is it strategy of where you place your defense? Don't know

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Didn't anyone 'take the plunge'?

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jul 12, 14 7:35 PM
No, you do not need to click on the enemies--except for the very limited purpose of aiming the fireball. The whole point of tower defense games is to put your defenses in the most effective positions in the first place, upgrade them wisely, and add as you go along. Rarely, selling a tower back and using the money to buy a different defense may make sense.

kilbride
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kilbride on Jul 18, 14 8:53 PM
found the game somewhat easy on normal working on hard then again im tower defense hardcore and played both other toy defense as well as the free to play

TBat55
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by TBat55 on Sep 25, 14 4:33 AM
Tips:
1. FIREBALL - Don't use it on a single group of attackers. Wait until 2 groups overlap or come close to each other. The Fireball will stop everything in it's area regardless of how many there are.
2. FREEZE and FIREBALL - Don't have these recharging at the exact same time. Always have one ready and the other at halfway. Use one early even if it doesn't stop much just to get the timers "offset".
3. Don't jump ahead - Use the fast forward on the far right not the jump ahead on the progress bar. Let the Freeze and Fireball recharge as much as possible. The will recharge faster on fast forward but will stop recharging on jump ahead.
4. Make sure you get the red wizards before the green wizards. They have a longer range.
5. Wait for cannons - stop everything, pick the cannon, WAIT until it is built, the start. Don't let enemies pass the cannon while it is being constructed.
6. Don't repair individually - use the green repair button. As with #2 above, you want this button recharging at the right time like just before the FIREBALL is ready.

Go to: