Please post your TECH ISSUES for Chronicle Keepers: The Dreaming Garden here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jul 2, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 07/02/2014 at 7:44:38 AM PST

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Chronicle Keepers: The Dreaming Garden here

[Post New]by crispypot on Jul 2, 14 12:40 AM
wont let me play as soon as the intro is done i press play and it boots me out
tried 3 times under new profile , still no joy running windows xp

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Jul 2, 14 1:15 AM
see my post on the main page, game throws me out when I tap hint button

[Post New]by clovis77 on Jul 2, 14 1:32 AM
Same here! Got as far as the intro then got thrown out. Did the uninstall & reinstall but no dice! Guess we've got to wait for a fix. So tired of waiting for fixes these days! I'm on Windows XP too!

Edited on 07/02/2014 at 1:33:15 AM PST

annari24
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by annari24 on Jul 2, 14 1:54 AM
I have Windows 8 and had no problems with the game or the hint system, maybe it is a compatibility problem with Window XP

wrenbird
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
402 Posts

[Post New]by wrenbird on Jul 2, 14 1:55 AM
I managed to play for an hour, bought the game and after going back to the place I left off, I was also booted out of the game. Installed again, but was thrown out again at the exact same spot. I'm running Windows 7 for those who want to know if its just windows xp that it is happening on. I hope a fix comes soon as this has been a really interesting game so far.

bfforver
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by bfforver on Jul 2, 14 4:00 AM
I have down loaded twice still won't let me play as soon as i hit the play button shuts down

moondances
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by moondances on Jul 2, 14 4:20 AM
Me, too-I click on the book & nothing happens-I Can't click on anything else so can't play at all

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jul 2, 14 4:58 AM
moondances wrote:Me, too-I click on the book & nothing happens-I Can't click on anything else so can't play at all

I have sent a PM, Moondances.

T57

[Post New]by coolcostumed on Jul 2, 14 5:13 AM
I also keep getting booted out after intro, and run XP. Hope a fix comes soon.

crtvmnd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by crtvmnd on Jul 2, 14 5:50 AM
I m running windows 7 also. After I press play, I can't play the game. I pressed the hint button and it showed me where to investigate but I couldn't do anything. I was able to pull up the window with the book but then, after clicking every where I couldn't do anything.

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Jul 2, 14 6:36 AM
same here, thought I would do the tutorial to be safe seeing what some are saying on here, well done all that was asked of me but when I went to get the book out of the window it wouldn't let me, used a hint just in case I did miss something but it took me to the book, changed my profile but It was still the same, no book.
So will give this a miss until it's fixed, looks good too.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jul 2, 14 6:42 AM
have you used the medallion?

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Jul 2, 14 7:32 AM
I have Windows 7 and I also get booted out to desktop as soon as I hit the play button. Everything is updated on my PC. Maybe there will be a fix

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Jul 2, 14 7:38 AM
Micha1234 wrote:have you used the medallion?

Thanks Micha1234, thought about it after I went off so logged into the game again used it and it worked, thanks for the help anyway much appreciated.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 2, 14 7:43 AM
Hey there Everyone,

I'm really sorry to see the game is crashing when either clicking Play or using the Hint button! It's definitely not fun to be unable to play a game because of a crash.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Jul 2, 14 8:51 AM
It keeps telling me I am missing SDL_image.dll. Is this game not compatible with Win 8?

EDIT: Fixed this by redownloading. Apparently it didn't give me all the files the first time.

Now when I try to load the game, it starts and then shuts down right away.

Edited on 07/02/2014 at 8:56:42 AM PST

pearls10
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by pearls10 on Jul 2, 14 8:54 AM
Had no problems in the trial period,bought the game,have got a fair way through and am now having problems.I am at the tree stump with 3 open doors and 6 cogs in my in tray but can't get through the door or do anything else (ctrl alt del to get out)
Am using windows vista.
HELP!!!

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jul 2, 14 9:33 AM
I seem to be in the same predicament as Pearls10. I placed the cogs onto the door but I seem to be missing the bands to connect four of the cogs. Hitting the hint button is a complete waste of time since it just keeps sending you out of the room and then back to the room. I have thoroughly checked through each scene to see if I am missing something but I cannot find it. I thought maybe it was I had to go back to the mirror but nothing there. Can't move on until someone else figures it out or if there is a glitch and it gets fixed.

ETA: Finally found them. Please see subject: Cogs for additional info.

Edited on 07/02/2014 at 4:54:32 PM PST

[Post New]by katiejean53 on Jul 2, 14 9:55 AM
Same problem here. Everytime I hit play it boots me out. Did everything it told me to do in game crashing and still no luck. Uninstalled the game and uninstalled Game Manager reinstalled both still no luck.

Go to: